Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer Questions & Answers

660 questions from our users

Mahenaz I.

Mahenaz I.asked

Can i use steam vaporizer and fan in the same room?

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Yes, that's fine. Kind Regards, Vicks.

A Kid's L.

A Kid's L.asked

How far away from a 1 year olds crib is safe to keep a small vicks machine? Is it safe to put it right on the nightstand by his head?

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi A Kid's L. We always recommend to place the Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer on a stable, firm, flat surface, at least 1.2m away to ensure a safe distance from the steam. For safest operation, we suggest to place the Vaporizer on the floor, where it cannot fall or be pulled down and kept out of reach of children. You can find this and more information in the Operating Manual which can also be found here: https://www.fgb.com.au/product/vicks-vaporizer. Hope that helps.

Jillianne C.

Jillianne C.asked

I have a Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier V750, I know you put in the VapoSteam and the VapoPads. Would it be okay to just use Vapopads and not the VapoSteam?

Janaya
Janaya

Mine doesn’t require the pads so I think we have a different one sorry x

Hi Jillianne
This isn't a model we distribute here in Australia so unfortunately we can't help you with that query. The best thing to do is to contact the distributor listed on your box. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Lynn C.

Lynn C.asked

Can I use my steam humidifier solution around my dog? Is it toxic for dogs?

Hi Lynn
Small dogs and especially cats can be sensitive to the essential oils in our formula. It's best to check with your vet.

Sharon W.

Sharon W.asked

Is it normal for my vicks vaporizer to get hot and cool down and then come back on?

Hi Sharon
That sounds like a power surge which would mean your unit is faulty, but we can assess over the phone - please give our Customer Service team a call on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.
We will be happy to replace under warranty if it's found faulty.

Allison

Allisonasked

Will the concept of a vaporizer still work with windows open?

Hi Allison
Yes it will - it's a matter of degrees though. With a window slightly open, it's perfect, allowing just enough ventilation and air flow. With huge windows wide open, yes this will affect the humidity building up in the room enough for a therapeutic benefit. People normally find a door ajar to the rest of the house is sufficient, but feel free to open a window a bit if you need.

Lee W.asked

My vaporiser is probably over 10 years old. Use it about a dozen times each year. Last night it was really noisy and when my partner unplugged it there was a spark at the power point. Also there was haps of black stuff in the water this morning. I think more than normal. What is that black stuff?

Hi Lee
Electrical devices this old can develop faults, and we would consider this a very old unit. Unfortunately as it's no longer under warranty we would recommend you replace it and not use it again due to the sparking. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Ok. Thanks

vlma y.

vlma y.asked

If I fill the steamer fully but then decided to turn it off after 2hours can I use same water next morning

T Lowe
T Lowe

yes, but it I find that the oil/water mix is not right.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

We recommend to use new water every use, especially if you use inhalant to keep the ratios of inhalant: water correct. Also it's necessary to frequently rinse the unit to wash away any mineral deposits that have accumulated during use. After 2 hours use this probably won't be much of an issue, so as long as you're not using the unit in a child's room where inhalant ratio is very important, it's probably okay to use again once. But we'd discourage doing this frequently for the reasons described.

Jabed

Jabedasked

Hi,my unit is leaking from machine.where is power cord attach.water dripping constantly.can anyone advise me what to do.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi Jabed, can you please call our Customer Service team on Freecall 1800 655 841 and they can help you identify what the issue is. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Justine L.

Justine L.asked

Should you leave a window slightly open to prevent condensation build up? If not can it cause health problems?

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Yes, leave the door or window slightly ajar - door is fine, especially in winter! In the morning, open up any available doors and windows and wipe down condensation from window sills. You should not have any issues with proper airing and drying after each use. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Zoey R.

Zoey R.asked

Is it safe to use the vapo double strength solution in the vapouriser cup in a 4 month old babies room. I’ve also recently read mixed reviews about peppermint oil not being safe for bubs?

Hi Zoey
We recommend using the inhalant inside the vaporizer and not in the medication cup on top, because it creates much more effective vapours and prevents spills. The peppermint oil in our formula is at safe levels when used as recommended. We're aware of the recent information circulating on social media but there is nothing verified that we're aware of. The Vicks formula has been around for over 20 years and is suitable for all ages.
As instructed on the label please keep a door slightly open to allow some ventilation while steaming..

Zoey R.

Zoey R.asked

Is the vapo double strength solution safe to put in vapouriser cup in 4 month old babies room

Tmosman
Tmosman

I used it in my 3 month olds room but we kept the door open. And i only used 1 and half caps instead of 2 and half

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Yes, it's suitable for all ages. However we recommend you add it to the water inside the unit, instead of on top.

Chantell M.

Chantell M.asked

I have been using a Vicks Humidifier in my toddlers room recently since she has been unwell and last night when I entered her room I noticed it was quite warm and making a boiling hot water sound. Is this normal and still safe to use at night?

Derek Schaefer

Our used to make a gentle boiling sound. What level of water was in the base tank?

Hi Chanetell
Yes it's normal for the unit to become hot - and yes, it is boiling the water so it's making the expected boiling sound. It should be a gentle bubbling though, not very loud. From what you've described it all sounds normal. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Eoz A.

Eoz A.asked

Is the vaporiser suppose to make a constant boiling sound. I can’t have it in my room it’s so loud will wake the baby up?

Derek Schaefer

Ours used to make a gentle bubbling sound - not loud enough to wake our little angel. But now it’s silent cos it’s broken.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi Eoz, as Derek mentioned yes, the Vicks Vaporizer does make a gentle bubbling sound - this is due to the larger vents which allow the 25% cooler steam. Some people find placing a towel underneath useful to muffle the sound, also place the vaporizer at the far end of the room and not near your baby's bed (it doesn't need to be near them, it humidifies the room). Also make sure you're not overfilling it. Let us know if you have any further questions on Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Derek if your unit is still under warranty and you have proof of purchase, give us a call or email on the numbers above and we'll help you out with a replacement.

Sunshine S.

Sunshine S.asked

can I apply vicks vaposteam directly on the skin like at the back or chest? thanks

Hi Sunshine
No, this formula is not suitable for use directly on skin. You can use pure eucalyptus oil diluted 1:10 with olive oil if you'd like a homemade 'chest rub'. VapoSteam contains other ingredients which may irritate skin.

Sunshine S.

Sunshine S.asked

Can vick vaposteam directly apply on the skin like back and chest?
Is it okay or not okay to apply directly on the skin?
thanks

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi, we've answered this elsewhere, but no - it's not suitable to use on skin.

bonnie p.

bonnie p.asked

Will it hurt a Vicks vaporizer if I run my floor fan?

Hi Bonnie
No, not a problem at all. Kind Regards, Vicks.

bonnie p.

bonnie p.asked

can you run a fan while a Vicks vaporizer is running?

Katherine B.

Katherine B.asked

Can I use my Vick vaporizer every night ?

Yes, no problem!

Katherine B.

Katherine B.asked

Can I use my Vick vaporizer every night ?

Get an answer from our members and Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers representatives