Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer Questions & Answers

624 questions from our users

Can I use VapoSteam in Ultrasonic Humidifier and if not why?

I'm keen to know what it is such a weird shape/design, top heavy, hard to clean and hard to carry? When it's filled it's very unbalanced and difficult to carry / manoeuvre and when it's time to empty it's almost impossible to do so with areas that catch the water. I like what it does, just not the design and awkwardness.

Not heating. Any help?
Hi Kathy If you're experiencing issues with your Vaporizer, please get in touch with our customer service team and they'll be happy to help. Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.

I just bought my Vicks WarmSteam Vaporizer and tried using it last night. I couldn't get it to steam so I added 4 pinches of salt to it and it's been making a sound that sounds like a coffee maker. I used the Vaporizing Steam Liquid in it and poured it into the water. It makes a little steam but not much and only used about an inch of the water within 8 hours. Is all this normal? Is it working? What can I do to get more steam and less sound?
Andrea, are you in Australia? If you're not, you'll need to contact the distributor in your area. This is an Australian only forum. Kind Regards, Vicks.

I bought a vaporizer and I've tried to use vapopads and vaposteam. The machine is barely steaming and very little steam. Y is it not working? I am not impressed

I have a brand new vaporizer. After running it for 2 hours the entire unit is too hot to touch for more than a second. Is this normal?

The green light on my vaporizer isn't working and i can't smell the vicks like i used to but it does make steam....is there something wrong with it? I live in Michigan USA
Hi Christina You'll need to contact Kaz who manufactures Vicks Vaporizers in the USA. This is an Australian forum and we have different models here so unfortunately can't advise. Kind Regards, Vicks (Aus).

Hello. Last night I run my new Vicks warm steam vaporiser, the one with the white plastic base and motor on top with a blue lid. I turned it on at about 2 am and it worked great, stopped my cough. By 7.30 in the morning I no longer could hear the boiling noise but it was still on and hot to the touch. I am not sure about if steam was coming out. How long is it supposed to last when starting full and should the sound be heard all the time to the very end? I thought that it would last longer. Thanks : )
Hi Julieta The Vicks Vaporizer runs for approximately 12 hours with a full tank of water. The fact the bubbling sound reduced doesn't mean it wasn't working. Some people do find as the water level decreases, bubbling gets less. It's also very normal for the unit to become hot, and you won't necessarily see steam coming out. As long as the water level is getting less, and the room feels humid, you can be pretty sure it's working. If you are still concerned give our customer service team a call, they can talk you through troubleshooting etc. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Brand new unit not heating at all. Added salt and nada. The light comes on but no warmth. Any ideas?

I have had my humidifier for 9 years . No problems but am scared of fire hazard as it is so old . Would it be best to buy another ?
Hi Maldonado We've never had a fire attributed to a Vicks Vaporizer of any age in the 20 years they've been sold in Australia. There's excellent overheat protection and if it develops a fault, it will short out your main power rather than malfunctioning in any way. However after 9 years, you will have significant buildup of limescale and minerals inside from your tap water, which can affect its operation, even if it's been cleaned regularly. This may be a reason you'd consider replacing it, but if you're happy with the performance, there's really no need. Hope this helps! Kind Regards, Vicks.

Hello, I have been regularly cleaning and descaling our unit that we have used often for 9 months now, but if you look down into the blue part of the unit, there is a build up of brown stuff all over the white plastic that you can see through the slits (if this makes sense?) Is this bad? What could it be caused by and how can I clean it?
Hi Hjane That's perfectly normal - this is mineral residue and possibly residue from the inhalant. If you've been cleaning as described it should be nothing to worry about - perhaps you're in a hard water area and it might need to be more frequent. Are you opening up the unit with a butter knife and scraping the inside? There's a great 1 minute video on You Tube of how to do this - if you search "How to open a Vicks Vaporizer heating module" by Sally Henderson. You could also try giving it flush with just vinegar (2-3) and water, running for 6-8 hours or overnight. Give us a call if you want to discuss further on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours. Kind Regards, Vicks.

How do I clean my Vick’s vaporiser? I find it’s getting very hot to touch in a short period of time. It’s almost 3.5 years old now. I find you can’t smell the Vick’s as much either when it’s running as what you used to be able too. Is it safe to use sitting on the carpet or could it catch fire?
Hi Zee Yes it's perfectly safe (there's overheat protection) but it does sound like your Vaporizer is working harder than normal and probably needs a good clean. Did you keep your operating manual where it describes the cleaning process? This should be completed regularly, every couple of months, to help prevent mineral scale build up. You can download the instructions again at: https://vicks.fgb.com.au/product/vicks-vaporizer Some people find it tricky to open the latch on the heating element in order to clean inside. There's a great 1 minute video on You Tube which shows how to do it perfectly - search "How to open a Vicks Vaporizer heating module" by Sally Henderson. Once you've soaked and scraped it, give it a flush by running it for a few hours with a full tank of water and 2-3 tablespoons of white vinegar in the tank. Hope this helps! Give us a call if you have any other questions. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours. Kind Regards, Vicks.

My vicks vaporiser seems to only work half the time. Other times, I fill it up and plug it in and absolutely nothing happens. No light, no steam. Am I missing something?? Usually using a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it.
Hi Dkm That is strange. It sounds like your vaporizer has developed a fault, but it's best to give our customer service team a call so they can assess and provide advice. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours, or email cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Am I able to use the vaporizer only with the pads or do I need the inhalant to?
Hi Yamilette Where did you purchase your vaporizer? This is an Australian forum and we can only advise on Australian Vicks Vaporizer models - our warm steam vaporizer doesn't use VapoPads at all, only suitable for inhalant. If you're in the US or another country, you'll need to contact the distributor/ manufacturer on your box. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Can this be used around animals
Yes not usually a problem with ventilation in an open area, but we don't recommend to shut pets in a small room or bedroom when using the inhalant. The essential oils can be overwhelming and may make them sick. You can also ask your vet for advice on this for your particular breed of pet. Kind Regards, Vicks.

What would happen if i left my vaporizer plugged in with no water

Hi I have just purchased a vicks vaporizer for infants. He always sleeps in an air conditioned room due to the summer heat. Will the vaporizer still do it's job? And still be productive working against the aircon?
Hi Ben If it's possible without too much discomfort, using an overhead or standing fan to circulate air is preferable since the drying effect of air conditioning can counteract the humidity. But if not, you can still go ahead and use it - it will still have a therapeutic effect. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Lately there are a lot of black flakes in the bottom after I run the vaporizer, does it just need to be cleaned or replaced? We have had it for about 10 years.
Hi Renee Yes, black flakes are an indication it needs to be cleaned. It's minerals in your tap water that are forming into flakes and they will also be sticking to the inside of your heating unit which can cause erosion. You need to open the 'latch' on the bottom of the unit, soak the entire thing in white vinegar and then scrape away the build up inside with a butter knife. Opening the latch is tricky; but there's a really helpful 1 min video on You Tube - search 'How to open a Vicks Vaporizer heating module' by Sally Henderson. As your vaporizer is now getting quite old, it's important to continue the cleaning regularly, and giving it the occasional 'flush' using just white vinegar (2-3 tablespoons) and water, running that overnight. Hope this helps, KInd Regards, Vicks.

Can I plug my Vick’s vaporizer into a surge protector cord?
Hi Brenda, yes you can, but note that if your vaporizer is causing your power to short out, it can indicate a fault in the unit and it should be replaced. Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours for warranty enquiries. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Get an answer from our members and Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers representatives

Similar listings