Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878

Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878

MPN: 881878

See the Best Manual Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Utter piece of garbage. Save your time and money.

This is junk!

This mower should be taken off the market. I only purchased it yesterday, put it together today and not only is it already jammed, the blades will not move either backwards or forwards! Bunnings should be ashamed of themselves!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Aaron M.

Aaron M.Hunter Region, NSW

It's alright

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily
Col

ColHobart, TAS

Blades lock up!

Absolute piece of junk! Blades are so flimsy they bend at the slightest bump or smallest stick getting caught. Mine didn’t last a day then Bunnings queried my ability to adjust the blades. Just returned it and bought another Bosch - last one lasted 5 years with no issues (plastic ratchet does wear out though). I thought Victa was a decent brand - shame!

Product is used: Weekly

Locked up after a small part of the lawn mowed

I love how it mowed, but disappointed after a few mows the wheels locked. The bar that is supposed to sharpen the blades slips and then blocks the wheel from turning. Given this seems to be a common trait, it's a bad purchase.

Product is used: Occasionally
Kat K.
Kat K.

So I went back to Bunnings the guy who sold it to me was aware of the problem. It's common, to fix it get an Allen key and loosen the bolts on the sharpening bar. Annoying, he couldn't be up front in the beginning

denise

deniseMid West, WA

WOW, same happened to mine !

Purchased from Bunnings, and mowed once ( very small area ) and all ok. Second time , after few mins, wheels locked, could not go forward. Took back to bunnings, and was told mowers have been coming back with same problem! ( so gave refund) Now l read this review to see it seems to be flaw with them. Hope Victa can change this, as Victa is known for good products, but please dont purchase it until fixed.

Purchased in September 2019.

Susi

Susi

Don't buy it!!

Managed to mow half the yard and that was it.
The blades wouldn't rotate at all after that.
I checked there was nothing stuck, still no difference- Back to Bunnings we go....

Product is used: Occasionally

Danielle B.

Danielle B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Impressed after first use

I was a bit hesitant to purchase after seeing the reviews on here, but figured if it’s that bad it can go back to Bunnings. Very pleasantly surprised at how good it is. Nice and light compared to my Rover 4stroke mower and much better suited to my current rented home. Easy to get up the steps to my back lawn and cut down the jungle that was there with relatively little effort. Expect it to be even easier next time as it won’t be so long.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Vista (Unable to) Push Mower

I went with this model because we only have the footpath to mow and I thought (incorrectly) that Victa would produce a quality product. I don’t know if the handles are stable or if the wheels provide traction because the blade immediately jammed against a bar and it seems it cannot be adjusted. Didn’t work at all.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Flimsy blades

Easy assembly. Set maximum cut height and went to test the mower. A blade bent within 20 minutes of use and the wheels wont turn. Blades are extremely flimsy. I suspect I could bend them by hand.

Purchased in June 2019.

Lungby

LungbyMelbourne

Quite satisfied

I'm relatively satisfied with this mower. Like most hand mowers the cut it provides is much nicer than a petrol mower. My main criticism is the height adjustment has a narrow range - I prefer it to have a higher setting. Also I agree with other reviews that the handles aren't rigid enough and it doesn't allow me to place my hands as widely apart as I'd like.

Purchased in January 2019.

Kim13

Kim13Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty?

I don’t have any experience in lawn mowing, I brought this as I only have a small lawn. The wheels lock up and won’t turn forward at all. There is no obstruction. It’s very frustrating. I haven’t even used it! I can’t find my receipt, but I will be taking it back to Bunnings for a refund.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Simon

SimonPerth, WA

Does a good job

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Jo L.

Jo L.Sydney, NSW

Wheels don’t turn! Absolute garbage. I used it on a perfectly manicured buffalo lawn that was already short.....

Wheels didn’t turn. I could force it along but that just took big chunks of grass and roots out. Worst product ever! I took it back to Bunnings for refund

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Product is used: Daily

Sharyn

Did I just get lucky with mine?

I didn't review my mower before buying and if I had, I wouldn't have bought it! Maybe I haven't used mine enough? I used it first time today and thought it was a fantastic little thing, it got jammed at the start but then I realised why, so I just cleared it and it was fine, although I didn't bother fitting the catcher, as I agreed that looked flimsy and bit rubbish, and my lawn was not too long, I thought it was a great little buy and it was really easy to push, I am now however a bit worried my luck will run out after reading this., maybe don't use the catcher?

Date PurchasedFeb 2019
Sharyn

Dear product review, Was trying to edit my review to upload my proof of purchase but kept freezing.. now you have published it, I dont have option and your email address bounced back as not monitored..

Emtedee

EmtedeeMelbourne

With a minor modification its great for a small lawn

I've read all the reviews and agree that the catcher as supplied is a disaster, it falls apart and you spend half your time reassembling it. But I used superglue to fix it together permanently and now it works perfectly catches most of the grass and leaves a nice clean cut and usable mowings for the compost heap - so much more easy to use that the electric "bover hover" which recently caught fire and couldn't be used for more than 5 minutes without having to scoop out all the congealed grass captured in the top!

Ross

RossBon Beach

The worst. Will ruin your lawn.

All the reviews below aren’t lying. The handles are so flimsy that you can’t apply any pressure to push the mower. The move so much you can’t steer properly. The wheels don’t grip/turn & so then neither does the blades. The blades jam with the smallest amt of grass. The blades don’t so much cut as tear clumps of turf our or leave clumps of uncut grass. And I’m TRYING to cut turf the same as found on cricket gnd & which is 20mm tall. Ryobi here I come. But not via Bunnings. They can’t be trusted to sell something that works

Terrible purchase

I wish I’d looked this page up earlier. After feeling good about buying a reputable Victa sadly my feelings of this mower are exactly as disappointing as others who purchased & persisted in trying to mow my small lawn. Does not work on any length or type of grass! Catcher is flimsy. Handles move regardless of tightening. Just disappointing Victa.

Myra

Myra

Victa lawnmower

Not happy. Hard to cut grass jams easily. Handle is unable to be tighten enough so it doesn't move. Did read reviews prior to purchase, was sold on self sharpening blades!! It could be that I am of mature age and of very slim build that is the problem. Try it see for yourself, purchase under return conditions.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Kerry

KerryGold Coast

DON'T BUY THIS VICTA

I bought this Victa because of the brand name reliability. WHAT A MISTAKE.
I took the first one back to Bunnings because it kept locking up - the blades wouldn't turn and was told it had not been correctly tested at the factory.
So back to mowing - it lasted 4 mows. I to adjust the blade setting as per the manual. However it either wouldn't cut properly (gap between blade and sharpener too wide. Or just got blocked - too close to the sharpener. No amount of fiddling with the adjustment would fix it. Bunnings would not replace again.
So - SAVE YOUR $$$$.buy something else. This product should not be on the market. Shame on BUNNINGS for stocking such a faulty product.
Kerry

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Evelyn H.

Evelyn H.asked

First time I used this manual mower it was as it should be. The second time, a few weeks later it will NOT go forward as the blade(S) seem to be locked up and yet I can go backwards! As others have commented the blade seems to be locked up and yet it is almost brand-new! Is it worth my time to keep trying or is it a "white elephant"? Victa was a trusted brand so PLEASE keep the faith.

Liza Ryan O.

I tried adjusting the bar that seemed to jam the blades and then the blades rotated freely but still wouldn’t cut. I returned mine and received a full refund. I would advise you to do the same. I agree that it is such a shame coming from Victa

JimA
JimA

Blades are flimsy and bend easily causing them to jam. I suggest you try another mower.

Cath A.

Cath A.asked

My victa push mower continually locks up on the right hand wheel. The only way I can get it to go is to wind the blades backwards but it is a constant job. There is nothing obstructing the blades and the grass is short. I am not at all mechanical but could it be something within the wheel itself.

Kym D.

Kym D.asked

where can I download the assembly manual with adjustment instructions

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

CategoryManual Lawn Mowers