Virbac Preventic

Virbac Preventic

See the Best Tick & Flea Control in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Waste of money

This is the second time I have had a dog go down with a tick whilst wearing a preventic tick collar. I will never buy agaain.

Fearliss

FearlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't be without it!

After loosing 2 small dogs to ticks I would never be without these tick collars on hand. Easy to put on and has a pleasant smell. Have been using these for years now and have NEVER had a tick attach to my dog. Great value for money, I actually cut mine in half and get two uses from one collar. (small dogs)

Great product

I had lost dogs to ticks and along with other measures I have used these collars for a number of years all year round changing them monthly we haven't lost a dog since starting to use them.

Jay W

Jay WMackay

Use in tick season

I use this product during summer every year on my dogs (as well as using advantix) and I have never had a tick on my dogs, works amazing and I go to the beach very often with the collar getting wet and still affective.

Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't appear to be harmful to my dog

I've put 3 of these collars on my 12 year old blue heeler now. She doesn't appear to show any unpleasant side effects. I'd never used any collar (for ticks or fleas) prior to this, using squeeze on medications instead. I don't have an issue doing up the collar; but I can see it being a problem with anyone with less dexterity in their fingers. Oh, and rather than cut off the excess I use kitchen ties for tethering purposes.

Mark W

Mark WBrisbane

Tried everything else. This just works.

After spending $5,000+ on vet hospitals visits and a nearly dead dog twice using Advantix and Frontline products on our Bichon, we spoke to a farmer who swears by these collars so we gave them a go. The have had no problems since using them from about a year ago and no ticks have been found on the dog either (we were previously pulling ticks off him at least once a week). These are cheap, two-monthly replacement and have been great!

Yvette Davidson

Yvette DavidsonWilliamtown

Waste of Money

Bought preventic for my 4 dogs, and 3 weeks later had a $2,000 vet bill and a dead dog from a tick, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !! They should not be able to advertise that Preventic Collar controls lxodes holcyclus (paralysis tick) because it doesn't. This was a small house dog and not a dog that ran around paddocks.

Didn't work, dead dog

Buckle is too small.

Katie

Katieasked

Are these tick collars still be manufactured, if not what have they been replaced with - thanks

Sandie
Sandie

I contacted the manufacturer (Virbac) a month or two ago as I noticed the collars becoming harder to find, many being listed with an Oct 2019 expiry date, and one website stating the product had been discontinued. Virbac confirmed they had ceased production and did not have a replacement product at this time.

Ralph

Ralphasked

Does Preventic control or eliminate fleas? It does not mention FLEA at all on the packaging.

Wary Consumer

If it's not mentioned in the advertising/description you can assume it works only on ticks.

Get an answer from our members and Virbac representatives

CategoryTick & Flea Control