Virbac Preventic

Virbac Preventic

See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Virbac? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8
  • Side Effects None (1)
Hopalong WayCentral Queensland, QLD

Virbac collar

My pet goat has used this collar for years. Never had ticks or other insects probs. Easy to put on. It is not in the local stores now, has it become obsolete.

Purchased in for $13.

Fearliss
FearlissSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn't be without it!

After loosing 2 small dogs to ticks I would never be without these tick collars on hand. Easy to put on and has a pleasant smell. Have been using these for years now and have NEVER had a tick attach to my dog. Great value for money, I actually cut mine in half and get two uses from one collar. (small dogs)

Great product

I had lost dogs to ticks and along with other measures I have used these collars for a number of years all year round changing them monthly we haven't lost a dog since starting to use them.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Virbac Preventic compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Jay W
Jay WMackay

Use in tick season

I use this product during summer every year on my dogs (as well as using advantix) and I have never had a tick on my dogs, works amazing and I go to the beach very often with the collar getting wet and still affective.

Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't appear to be harmful to my dog

I've put 3 of these collars on my 12 year old blue heeler now. She doesn't appear to show any unpleasant side effects. I'd never used any collar (for ticks or fleas) prior to this, using squeeze on medications instead. I don't have an issue doing up the collar; but I can see it being a problem with anyone with less dexterity in their fingers. Oh, and rather than cut off the excess I use kitchen ties for tethering purposes.

Mark W
Mark WBrisbane

Tried everything else. This just works.

After spending $5,000+ on vet hospitals visits and a nearly dead dog twice using Advantix and Frontline products on our Bichon, we spoke to a farmer who swears by these collars so we gave them a go. The have had no problems since using them from about a year ago and no ticks have been found on the dog either (we were previously pulling ticks off him at least once a week). These are cheap, two-monthly replacement and have been great!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Yvette Davidson
Yvette DavidsonHunter Region, NSW

Waste of Money

Bought preventic for my 4 dogs, and 3 weeks later had a $2,000 vet bill and a dead dog from a tick, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !! They should not be able to advertise that Preventic Collar controls lxodes holcyclus (paralysis tick) because it doesn't. This was a small house dog and not a dog that ran around paddocks.

Didn't work, dead dog