Volkswagen Caddy 2K.I

Volkswagen Caddy 2K.I (2005-2010)

• Braking
  • Comfort
Gary

GaryPerth, WA

Very reliable

I bought my first Caddy 1.6 2K about 3 years ago with 220k on the clock. Its been extremely reliable with normal maintenance. Only replaced brake rotors and pads as expected with mileage. Its used every day as a work van. Its just done over 315k. Recently I had a problem with power. Long story but in the end it s appear to be a bad fuel pump. Saying all this im very happy. Drives like a sedan...very comfortable with range of about 650km. Would buy another with question

Purchased in April 2017 for A$6,000.00.

Noise Level
Comfort
Jonny I

Jonny IAU

10 years ownership... Let the trouble begin

Being a tradie, this van gets a beating. Has been reliable till now. The dam bulb out light on dash is constantly on with all bulbs working, starter motor recently replaced, clutch recently replaced, turbo diaphragm replaced, glow plugs replaced, left hand side ball joint replaced, front and rear brakes pads replaced and new battery. After 10 years and bought brand new with 215,000km on the clock now with constant start stop its been a great overall.
Steer away from the DSG and petrol models. You need to maintain these vans and they will give you years of trouble free motoring

BadgeHey
Engine Size1.9
Date PurchasedDec 2009
JAM

JAMSydney, NSW

Perfect work van but not without its quirks.

BadgeTDI250 Maxi
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

CARPET CLEANERMACQUARIE

Great to HORRIBLE to own

BadgeTDI250 Maxi
Date PurchasedJan 2010
CARPET CLEANER

Update,at 2 years Renault still running perfectly, The Caddy is still on stands BUT i've got all the necessary parts from the UK at 1/4 to 1/2 the price they are in Australia. Hoping to have it back on the road soon......?

peter

petersydney

the good, the bad, the downright fugly

Badgecaddy 1.6

Another radiator failure

BadgeTSI175
TransmissionManual

Happy so far fingers crossed

I bought my Vw caddy 2010 Tdi 3 years ago, no problems thus far not sure if it's because I have 1.9 diesel motor or not, but I think the 1.6 petrol is the problem. Would like to hear more comments from the diesel owners to what problems to look out for cheers about the clutch some people just don't know how to drive manual, vow is very touchy. Cheers

Badge0
Mike J. Gold Coast

Mike J. Gold CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

2010 year model Caddy I.6 lt. diesel Extremely dangerous vehicle.

Engine Size1.6L Turbo

Thea SNambour

Recurring problem with fuel injectors

I have just paid $1337 to replace yet another fuel injector in my disabled son's 2010 modified VW Caddy. One injector had to be replaced Feb 2013, another in July 2013, both under warranty. A request to the VW Service Centre to replace remaining injectors because of an obvious problem was refused. My question: When will the fourth injector fail? Another $1337 that a disability pensioner cannot afford? More frightening - What if this occurs on the Bruce Highway on a hot summer's day? My son has severe physical disabilities, heat exposure brings on seizures, and he is stuck on the side of the road with no means of transport except an ambulance!!!! Perhaps a letter to VW Head Office?

I have had a similar problem with my VW Caddy 2010

Mine has only done 33,000 klms and has gone into limp mode 4 times in the last year. Ours is a modified disabled vehicle. The service centre said is was fuel injector problems and they even replaced the engine ecu worth $3000 (but under warranty) thinking it could have been sending false fuel injector messages. This last time has happened since then. I am also very concerned it could cause a major accident esp on the freeway. I do 10,000 klms per year. What is causing this and how can it be fixed permanently?

Caddy 2006 1.9 TDi

Great to drive and excellent fuel economy when it is on the road. However, it is not on the road long enough between expensive breakdowns / repairs. Eight years old with 260000km and I'm over it. I also have a Hiace with 500000km & going strong. Should've bought another one.

Stuart

StuartTuggerah

Have Just taken Delivery of my Third Caddy

First Caddy 2006 TDI manual traded in 2009 Did have problem with gear box auto, replaced under warranty, I was Given replacement car while work was being done can't fault Central Coast Motor Group. Had Second Caddy TDI Auto for 120,000km Great to drive long distances. New 2014 Caddy has Coarse Control, and Bluetooth.
This should just about make it perfect.
All car can have problems some more then others I guess I was lucky. Its how you get looked after at the time is what's important.

Jamie B

Jamie BMelbourne

Unreliable

AGRADEMECHANIC
AGRADEMECHANIC

Please provide engine type + size and type of transmission

whitevan

whitevanOrange

2005 Caddy 1.6 petrol

DutchAussie

DutchAussieSouthern and Hills, SA

2006 VW Caddy

I bought the VW Caddy 1.9 L TDI with DSG in February 2007.
At this stage I have done 61,000 Km, mostly using Biodiesel.
The van has been excellent so far. It is great to drive, I love the DSG.
Fuel economy is brilliant at 6.2 L/100 Km!
I found the VW part cost high and services expensive.
The VW Caddy Van is great to drive and has excellent fuel economy.

Disappointing VW

I was a pretty happy owner for the first few years.. Proud. even after the initial shock of the overpriced servicing.. which I accepted as part of the price of owning a brand new vehicle.. my first . after an assortment of minor malfunctions from the body through to electrical ( after warranty ) then the gear box goes on a four year old VW vehicle . $6600 later .. not so proud.. as it turns out a common problem. Disappointed
Great sized small van.. fuel efficient.. originally inexpensive.
Overpriced servicing.. terrible dealer service.. Poor quality vehicle in the end.

Mail man

Mail manBrisbane

Caddy Falls Short

Just paid $1860.00 for a 180,000 service do I need to say anymore ! I have had to many things go wrong to mention over the 4 years bought new and serviced at V W dealer. Would not recommend to anyone for business use. Will buy Hyundai I Load and get 5 year warranty fixed price servicing and unlimited Klm.
Fuel economy was good about 6.5 ltrs per 100km
Parts and servicing to expensive. If your getting it done cheaper it probably not being done properly

JiffaPerth, Western Australia