Volkswagen Caddy Mk.4

Volkswagen Caddy Mk.4

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Naomi

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Jay

Jayasked

I am looking into buying a 2018 2.0lt diesel AUTO caddy, my question is have any of the engine, gearbox, electrics problems been fixed on these later models? As I haven't read any dramas on the 2018 models.

Rob H.

Don't have that actual model, but my 2017 auto (petrol) Caddy has no problems at all with electrics or the transmission, and my 2016 2-lt diesel auto Tiguan is the same, sweet running and no problems at all.

Cobakiasked

Looking at Caddy Maxi for light work around town & dual purpose family vehicle- it's size, specs & fuel economy fit our use brilliantly. Started asking owners of them how they find them, they all love the car but of the 13 people I have spoken to, 6 of them have had full auto gearbox failure within the first 100,000km with a repair bill of $7000-$8000. Thats nearly 1/2 of them which absolutely floored me. My question is, has the transmission fault been fixed? Need to know this before continuing looking at buying new. Thanks, James

Cjr
Cjr

Hi James
at this point in time I personally would not go near a Volkswagen of any sort. I owned a Jetta started leaking oil from gearbox at 100,00 km vw not interested in wty. sold car. son owned a caddy broke down, took vw approx. 9 weeks to fix, quoted a repair price of $8000.00 dollars sold car bought another vw caddy, stop lights did not work waited 4 weeks for new lights fitted lights still not working sold car. A personal friend bought a jetta with dsg gearbox failed twice sold car. if I bought another vw I would sell it before the wty ran out.
good luck
cjr

Cobaki

Thanks for the advice. Sounds there are fundamental flaws with gearbox failure. Have decided to stay clear of VW. Thanks again, cheers, James

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

CategoryVans