Westinghouse WFB4204

Decent size, quality and functions for price

This is a large capacity upright Freezer. Has a matching refrigerator also. We wanted a frost free freezer of a large capacity as we had a 25 year old freezer but it was not frost free. I don't think this will last 25 years though.

3 drawers with remaining shelves being glass.
Bottle chill timer which is great as my husband has frozen solid many bottles of soft drink over the years.

Smaller than the stated internal size due to lost space around drawers.

Purchased for $1500 in January 2018 it was good value but if purchased at original price when first released it may have been a fair bit dearer.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Does The Job

The Westinghouse Freezer is operative - it does its job, that is it freezes the food! However it is quite a noisy appliance. The freeezer is 420L but surprisingly it does not have good storage space. Too many shelvings and three drawers at the bottom of freezer, it takes up space! The drawers are hard to pull out as it does not glide out easily.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

great functional storage space

I bought this freezer because our family had outgrown the space of our old upright smaller freezer.
It's got ample storage space for our everyday needs and just saw us through the madness of Christmas baking as well! The interior light has also been a great addition with this freezer- can't believe how many times its come in handy and was something I didn't know I wanted/needed.
The drawers slide nicely (unlike the previous upright we owned) and the shelves and ice cube space all work well.
Great freezer for a big family.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Top price and quality

Very happy with my purchase. The shelves are neatly spaced so that there is plenty of room to put larger items neatly and in order, so that there is no time wasted looking where everything is, even at night there is plenty of light inside to see everything. The only drawback is that the motor is a little noisy, but I solved the problem by putting the appliance in the garage and not patio.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fantastic upright freezer with internal light

Bought to store bulk meat, this second freezer managed to freeze about 250 kg of meat in good time. It is very quiet and features a handy internal light. The sturdy clear shelves and 3 drawers have given plenty of space to store food flat and efficiently. The full length handle on the door makes it easier to open than the old version. I am quite impressed with the 3 star energy rating for this freezer.
I would consider upgrading my old Westinghouse pidgeon pair with this new model.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Some good, some bad...

First up, I'd like to say that is IS a great freezer in that it keeps things nice and cold! And it has a quick freeze option which is really handy, and easy to use buttons inside up the top (well away from our children's hands...!) for temperature control.
BUT it's a little noisy - I keep turning my head wondering what that sound is, only to notice it's the freezer. Kind of like a minor low-frequency hum, a bit like a fan. But it's only when the motor is kicking in, so it's not a permanent sound. I wouldn't recommend having this in a smaller room that you are often in. The sound can get quite irritating.
We've had it for about 4 months now. We wanted to change over the hinges, but you can't buy the door reversal kit ANYWHERE except on the Westinghouse website! They didn't have it in stock for 4 months. I called up Westinghouse twice and they were meant to call me back to let me know when it'd be back in stock, but they didn't. Not great customer service on offer, I'm afraid. But today my husband changed the hinges over, since I randomly checked the website last week and lo and behold it was in stock again, and it's just how we want it now. We only had to wait 4 months to get it this way....
It also didn't beep at us after we'd accidentally left it open 1cm (we'd caught a charging cable cord at the top!). The freezer waited until it'd dropped a fair bit in temperature (5 hours of time had elapsed) before continually beeping at us, and water had formed inside. Luckily the food was still frozen, but it meant I had to wipe down all the shelves. Rather annoying.
Having said that, we're still considering buying its pigeon pair for a fridge, as the size is perfect for us and the ergonomics of the unit are great. And the fridge will be going in the kitchen which is noisier anyway, so we probably won't notice it if it's a bit noisy like the freezer.
Ended up buying it from Appliances Online as it was much cheaper AND Harvey Norman didn't have it in stock anyway.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
So almost a year later, this freezer is still going well. Yes, it's still a bit noisy, and no, don't put it in a smaller room you use often; the sounds will drive you nuts! I keep thinking I've left the kitchen fan on...but no, it's just the freezer. The actual freezing is fantastic. I'd probably up it to a 4-star freezer for usability, but it's still a little difficult to re-open after closing (about an 8-10 second wait required). And we DID buy the pigeon pair fridge - just a week ago! So far, so good...