WikiCamps

WikiCamps Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for WikiCamps? Claim your listing.
Michele M.
Michele M.

What on earth have you done since the upgrade disaster? App will not work at all, stuck on 16%, cannot send report, won't open. Just terrible and such a shame......

Jackal
Jackal

Hi Michele, I wish I could help you as I've been trying to access my Wikicamps' app and it will not open on my mobile. When I try on my computer I can get the site up but it freezers when I try to open Reviews, Fees etc. And it will not send my message to Wikicamps at all: Verification Expired etc. Judging by the blogs, this app is now well and truly stuffed and yet, Wikicamps is still selling their app--and it doesn't bloody work! This mob is taking money under false pretence. There must be some regulatory body we can complain to...help someone.

Jimmy of Port Adelaide
Jimmy of Port Adelaide

I have suspicions that the new owner of the App(G'day Parks-Discovery) have deliberately sabotaged the App. Hopefully to get more people in their Parks. I will avoid their Parks with a passion!

Satisfied Customer
Satisfied Customer

I love using WikiCamps but something is wrong. I have a message saying to update through the App Store. When I go there, there is no update option, just an Open option which I press and it goes back to the update app message. I can’t get out of this and I cannot access the WikiCamps info at all. Can you tell me what to do?

Am I a happy vegemite?

Wikicamps has just completed a major app upgrade, and there are all sorts of problems being reported by members of the (fb) Wikicamps Users Group.

Some are saying that if you have downloaded the database for locations (old version of app), then switch onto airplane mode to use the Wikicamps app.

I suggest Wikicamps will get the issue solved, but how long we'll have to wait is anyone's guess.

There is a help weblink, and while they typically answer in 24 hours, I think answers may be slower at the moment.

My experience is they are pretty good at what they do. They're probably really embarrassed right now and frantically trying to fix.

Sometimes we all need patience.

Cheers

rr
rr

Replies from wiki customer service are sympathetic and speedy but their suggestions make no difference to the crappy new app. If the wiki IT team are working 'frantically' then there has been no improvement in usability. What happened to testing before going live?

Mary Baker

Why can’t I find reliable information on dump points? Had a nightmare of a day trying to find any in Rockhampton. Eventually used a council site and found one. It’s on my filters. Nothing for Agnes Water either but found one there eventually!

Am I a happy vegemite?

On fb, join the Wikicamps Users Group.

There, if you need a question answered, it will be done promptly.

To your question, I suggest you have inadvertently turned off the item in filters. Go to filters and revert to no filters then look.

Hope this helps.

Mary Baker

Dump points has definitely not been turned off! That would be stupid when you’ve spent all day looking!!

Gordon

I am currently at a caravan park at Shellharbour NSW but there is no caravan logo that you can press and find their details,fees,photos etc is there a reason for this and is it possible for it to be fixed

Am I a happy vegemite?

Generally, the answer lies in how you have arranged your filters.

I suggest you go to 'filter' up on the top left, press that and a new page opens.

On this new page, down on the bottom left is a 'reset all' button. Press that and go back to the main page. I suggest that cp will appear.

May I suggest you joint the fb Wikicamps Users Group. Whenever you have an issue, they are best to sort you out.

Gordon

I have already done this I have also rebooted the program plus other caravan sites nearby show the van logo please help

Bob T.
Bob T.

I’ve done my filters and all it says is none available well a caravan park with toilets in tweed heads is not a hard one still not available this app is garbage

Extra Information

Brand Manager for WikiCamps? Claim your listing.