3.6

GregFar North Queensland, QLD
george bouzidis
george bouzidisPerth, WA72 posts

Claytons Warranty

Purchased new induction cooker via EBay store in June 2022. After several weeks cooker became defunct and began the process of claiming under warranty. Ebay refused to offer any assistance or to disclose sellers real name and address. In desperation contacted Xiaomi for help quoting serial numbers etc. They too did the Pontius Pilate. Lesson to be learnt Ebay only protect their seller's criminal behaviour and have no interest in buyer's rights. Xiaomi will provide a million reasons why they wont help or acknowledge their product happened to be faulty. Stay away from buying on line from EBay and avoid all Xiaomi products. Show details
Mr Mike
Mr MikePerth31 posts

Great induction cook top

I bought this cooker for the simple fact that it doesn't pulse like most induction cook tops when on reduced power.
I only run it for camping trips via my vehicles inverter, it draws 2.1kw on full power.
Would recommend Show details
Marie
MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD28 posts

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA49 posts

Still working well and would buy again

Just thought I'd follow up on my previous review. My induction cooker is still going really well a couple of years down the track. The reason I like it is that I can get the heat low enough to simmer which I couldn't with other induction cookers (that was really important to me, rather than having very high heat at the other end). I use it at least once a day, 7 days a week and find the numbered dial easy to use. I still find it pretty intuitive but if the Chinese dial and instructions bother you then its probably not for you. Yes I too replaced the Chinese Australian adaptor and its worked very well since. I'd buy it again, particularly compared with the three other brands I tried.
Mike
MikeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great product that needs further work

Great product but 1. how about supplying a manual in English?? 2. Also found that the flimsy aftet-market "Chinese to Australian adaptor plug" supplied with it (bought through Gearbest) could not handle the 2Kw load and broke down - it is a very dangerous fire risk. Replace the two pin Chinese plug with a good quality Australian one and you'll have a great product. As I said before, please supply us with a manual in English! Guarantee you'll sell a ton of them when the rest of the English speaking world finds out about what a great induction cooker Xiaomi has made. If you supply me an English manual I'll rate it 5 Stars. Show details
blinkybill
blinkybill14 posts

montxsuzAU60 posts

Hi

I saw your reviews after getting the Ambiano today. Just wondering if your Xiaomi came with a warranty, and if it is still working :) At least Aldi gives a 3 yr warranty. The Xiaomi seems a lot smaller, which is good, I will mostly use this for camping.

Thx

Jeremy
Jeremy

Does the unit from gearbest include the cooking pot as well as the cooker?

Kram
Kram

Hi, Xiaomi DCL01CM seems to only be made in 220 volts. Do you know if it comes in 110 volts and if so where?

Hi Kram,

Chinese/Aus plugs are generally compatible so we only need a plug adapter. You'll need to step down the voltage so you'll need a step down the voltage. As to if they make a 110 voltage cooker thats a question for Xiaomi.

CategoryPortable Cooktops