AAMI Landlord Insurance

AAMI Landlord Insurance

LLL

LLLGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst. Criminals. Joke. Do Not Trust. Useless. Fake.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Useless insurance, Difficult and negligent staff

CTP irresponsible insurer. We must pay by law. AAMI chooses what and when. Even on pain and suffering total neglect. AAMI avids contact and provides a slow reply system. AAMI avoids any responsibility. Avoid AAMI

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Kerry

KerryPerth

NIG INSURANCE

HI NIG insurance with simply business is exactly the same RUBBISH POLICY. My tennant complained the roof was leaking and all wood fell to the floor , the insurance company would NOT cover it , saying it had to be caused by storm damage !!!! The Rain caused the damage and I’m NOT INSURED !!! This policy cost me 400 pound. I think we need to fight back agAinst these company’s ripping us off !!!!!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo

AAMI Landlord policy is a junk insurance policy.

Coming from a long time AAMI multi policy customer, do not buy a landlord policy from them. It is a junk insurance rort and should be removed from their product list. Spend a few more dollars and buy from a specialised tenant protection insurer rather than throwing your money at AAMI for an unclaimable policy (exclusions are endless and unreasonable) Don't waste your money with the illusion of being protected by this junk insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Tony P

Tony P

Misrepresent their policy as for Landlords, but it doesn't cover tenant damage.

Ridiculous policy - A landlord policy that doesn't include damage by the tenants isn't a Landlord policy, it's a building policy and should be represented as such. These thieves hide this fact in the bottom of their policy, even though in the building section it states what is covered as part of the building. I now have a property with no flooring and holes all over that isn't covered at all. We will be pulling our other policies from AAMI due to this, as who knows whether any other claims if needed would be paid out. Does this fall under false advertising, if a landlord policy on the building doesn't protect the building from the tenants?

Claim DateFebruary 2019

Seevic

SeevicBox Hill South

The worst insurance company ever

The tenant was 6 weeks behind their rent which is more than their bond, swimming pool needed repair, tons of garbage inside and outside the house, door lock broken, wall holes need to be fixed...totally I lost $6k+ and the bond was just $3k. And guess how much I claimed back from AAMI? $0! The reason? "It's all in the PDS". Shame on you AAMI. Those pretty girls in your Ad. have nothing to do with your company, I can only imagine how ugly your business could be by collecting money every day but dumping your customers when they needed help. Never touch this brand again.

Landlords Insurance RUBBISH

I had my property covered for Landlords insurance and after a terrible experience with my tenants i thought i would be looked after by this company as i have other policies with them. I put in a claim only to find that unless it is natural disaster damage or malicious damage being the house is unlivable there is no claim and so all my money went to paying the premium with nothing covered. I have now put in a complaint to the ombudsmen and awaiting a decision.

BRP

BRPMandurah

Cheap in price, cheap in service

Cheap price for landlord insurance that delivered cheap result for claim.
Easy to lodge claim but difficult to get resolved. Didn't/Wouldn't explain process just wanted to talk about what may or may not be covered. Very delayed to get answer on repairs so started without them then have to haggle later after rent cover period expired.

William W

William WMELBOURNE

It's unlucky with AAMI

NEVER purchase the landlord insurance from AAMI.
My tenants damaged the carpet maliciously when they knew they would be evicted by police officer. AAMI find excuse and refused my claim.
Also AAMI only cover 2 weeks rent default if you have month to month lease contract with tenant, then they will charge 4 weeks rent for excess. How ridiculous!!
Wait over a month to their unreasonable and unfair final decision. That means I loss one month rent again!
I have lodged a complaint through FOS and provide all evidences.

MarianneP

MariannePLakesland, NSW

No longer a long term policy holder

Insurance claim madeNo

rickndonna

rickndonnaSpringfield

Landlord Insurance

We had landlord insurance for our rental property but unfortunately we had to make a claim. Despite being diligent and checking on policy AAMI said sorry your not covered you should have check the fine print well I rang and spoke to them to see if my interpretation of the fine print was correct and they said yes you are covered. Now the big push is on to close the claim. They take your money and don't pay out absolutely worthless policy I am taking our business elsewhere. Taking my shares out of the company too!!!

Jason

JasonDarwin, NT

Unlucky aami. Waste of money

Been with aami for a few years, have landlords ins and contents. Recently had burst water pipe which flooded house and 3 weeks later, aami giving nothing but the run around. Just been a headache and nightmare talking to them. They always change there story. We will be moving all our policies elsewhere inc cars and caravan.. aami only wants your money, they are not interested in providing any service.

Unpleasant Experience

John

JohnPerth, WA

Cost nearly half of others

First time with aami. never been one to just pay insurance when due after few minutes found aami was nearly half the cost of company i used last year and as they expected automate payment i cancelled. Npw have car covered aswell.

Insurance claim madeNo

Absolute rubbish

They will avoid everything in the book not to pay, took a 10k damage bill on my chin today, cancelled all my business on the dot, will never touch AAMI again!
Landlord insurance that covers fire or floods is the feedback i got from AAMI donkeys, Complete rubbish this mob!
Move on guys now.

martin

martingeelong

Hello? Mr Ombudsman..... hello? AAMI selling fake insurance......

Been insured for 10 years with Landlord protection policy, which states cover against loss due to damage (not specific) and untenantable, default payments etc etc. Tenant left after leaving premises in ruins despite professional Property Manager in place. Bond covered "some" cleaning but curtains, carpet and benches and bathroom vanity trashed by dog and human waste. AAMI furnished with written report and photos plus. Phoned a week later to state claim denied as they don't cover bad living habits. I said the house is unliveable therefore untenantable and rent should be covered whilst repairs are made at my expense......? NO!
What was I insured for for 10 years??
Lucky? yeah lucky it wasn't a total loss before I learned about Ms Amy.

The Worst

Worst company and customer service, they are very happy to take your money over how many years but when making a house and landlord protection claim that was managed by a Real Estate they don't want to know about it or help. The Real Estate were shocked to hear all of what Aami refused to cover!!! Take your business elsewhere!!

David

DavidHobart

No major issues

AAMI Landlord insurance-do not use AAMI Insurance

YankeeDoodle

YankeeDoodleMelbourne

Terrible insurer! Buyer beware!