Abey Schock

Abey Schock

See the Best Sinks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Abey? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Brad M.
Brad M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Chips very easily

Dropped a small bowl about 5cm which hit edge of sink. Giant chunk taken out of top of sink, bowl perfectly fine... Not covered by warranty. Be very careful buying this sink. Was offered a discount replacement but still have to buy it and pay for plumber to install. Service from Abey was good, but sink is fragile and not really up to standards for a kitchen sink being used everyday.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $460.00.

Extremely Disappointing Purchase

Teacup dropped in new sink from within sink causing deep gouges to sink base. Abey cited scratches not covered by warranty. How will product tolerate everyday usage? Do Not purchase

Purchased in May 2020 at Winning Appliances QLD, Indooroopilly.

Quarshy
Quarshy

Chipped within a few months - NO customer service

Purchased in September 2019.

Dont talk to Sean
Dont talk to SeanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not speak to Shawn

Black sink which cracked within 2 years, Abey had gentleman come out to change to another sink. When looking at the sink after plumber left, the sink looked like it was a used product , not brand new, slightly dirty, and the waste basket was too small for the sink not able to keep wastage out or hold water. When calling back Abey customer service, spoke to gentleman called Shawn who gave me a lecture about how it must be to do with what food scraps we are putting in , I.e either too big or too small that’s why it’s going through , and food scraps shouldn’t go in sink then hung up on me. Extremely poor customer service.

DPR17Sydney, NSW

Sexy sink

I love this sink. We installed it in Nov 2017. I rang customer service prior to purchasing and they stressed running cold water while draining boiling water from pots in the sink. I have done this with no probs. I have one slight scratch in the sink. I am more gentle with it than my old stainless steel sink although I have dropped a pot, glass, plate in it by accident and it has been ok. Aesthetically this sink is beautiful. Smoother than the other black sinks on the market. Makes me happy to be in my kitchen :) I’ve given it a 4/5 as you do need to give it a little TLC in terms of boiling water and avoiding scratching. To clean I just use warm soapy water. The square corners are no issue, they’re rounded inside the sink so no concern.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Crack!!

Sink is 10 months old and has been great re scratches ect... but cracked with hot water from straining veggies. Customer service has been fantastic however replacement sink was faulty and plumber couldn't install...now waiting on number 3! We are rural area and service has been fast and helpful, just disappointed in the quality. Shame as I love the look of this sink but it needs to be functional.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
MelN
MelNSydney

Handsome and functional sink

We installed a black Schock sink in Dec 2016, so nearly 1yr on it still looks great and no issues. Cleaning is a dream- we don't scrub it or use excessive product, just a wipe down with disinfectant. I was a bit concerned about installing a square sink- the corners are fairly sharp so I was worried about debris getting stuck and sitting there. The fall of the bottom of the sink is such that everything drains away beautifully.

I have dropped a glass and a small pot, no cracks. Purchased from WC Bathrooms at Chatswood who assured me they had the best warranty on the market. Hope I never need to use it!

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Linda
LindaBrisbane

Great sink

Date PurchasedSept 2016

To The Consumer
To The ConsumerSouth Australia

Smoo-oooth!

We wanted a black sink for our kitchen reno, and checked out several. Most appear more grey than black, and are quite rough to the touch. The Abey sink is darker and almost silky smooth in comparison. It looks great; very classy! And it's easier to keep clean than our previous Oliveri stainless steel waste of money. Instructions were followed, so no probs with install. More time will tell, but we're extremely happy with our purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

DOS
DOSCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Stay away!

The sink chipped within a few weeks of installation. Then after that it developed a crack when my wife dropped a frypan in it - the height of the drop would have been less than 30cm. Not covered under warranty.

Looks lovely but simply not tough enough and the manufacturer does not stand behind their product.

We will be replacing it with a stainless steel model using our home and contents insurance.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Excellent service

Purchased a house in 2015 that had been renovated and the kitchen had a schock sink looked beautiful. Recently the sink cracked was very disappointed as not sure as what l would replace the sink with. Sent an email to Abey and explained the problem. Received a prompt response and did all the necessary requests as per proof of warranty etc..... Within the week a brand new sink has been delivered. Absolutely brilliant well done Abey Australia. Also want to stress that l have been reassured that there will be no futher issues with the new sink.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Tam
TamPerth, WA

Don't recommend

After only 6 weeks our sink has been chipped by the shock glass board accessory, no reasonable force was used. This happened the first time washing the board and before our kitchen Reno's were even completed. Very disappointing.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Loved it want another

Have just moved house. Bought a Schock sink for our old house 5 years ago and absolutely loved it. No problems with cracks or anything else. I alway used a basket or washing up bowl for anything heavy duty which would not go in the dishwasher. Can't wait to get another Schock sink in new home, they look so much smarter than stainless steel.

Date PurchasedNov 2010

Cracked sink but excellent Abey service

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Toller
Toller

Looks wonderful but not practical for everyday use..

Yes I admit I love love the look of this sink but it is not practical for everyday family use. I had my doubts on this when I bought the sink but just couldn't resist the look and feel of the sink. I read the in advance and decided I wouldn't use this sink for washing pans and wouldn't pour boiling water straight into the sink. For 5 months I followed these rules but then my dishwasher broke down and for 1 week I used the sink like a proper sink for everyday washing. I thought i was being careful but one week later I found a small crack in the base of the sink. If you want a sink that looks good for rinsing out the wine glasses it is a great choice but for higher volume use I would not recommend this sink.