Absco Garden Sheds

Absco Garden Sheds

Basic, Eco-nomy, Ezicompact, Ezislider, Ezislim and 7 more

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Bought the 3m double door. Instructions were confusing. Putting it up was a nightmare as the panels are very very flimsy, and once erected it collapsed in light wind. Run!!!

Purchased in February 2019 for $399.00.

Hi Dr.G, Sorry to hear you're not happy with your shed. Can you please send through your contact details and some photos to admin@absco.com.au? This should not be the case and we would like to get in contact to help you get your shed up and installed securely. If you could also confirm how you anchored your shed that would help us understand why the shed did not hold up. Thank you Rosie

Very disappointed.

Purchased Premier shed from Bunnings. Got it home and found parts missing and parts incorrect. Got in touch with Absco who said replacements would be sent. Waited nearly 2 weeks, still no parts. Contacted Bunnings who got the parts 2 days later. Absco still did not send all the parts. Was able to manufacture missing part from incorrect part. Finally got shed erected and found doors to narrow. Had to pack out hinges on both sides to get them close enough to shut. Instructions poor , hole alignment poor. Thanks to the Bunnings team for all their help in trying to get parts from Absco. This is the second time I have submitted a review. Maybe this time Absco will publish it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $458.00.

Wouldn’t not buy again

Instructions were not helpful app was not helpful two days later shed not up properly, very flimsy, not fast and snaptight at all, would never buy again, we have put sheds up before but this one hardest shed ever, put parts together then have to pull apart to put together, we wasted a lot of time putting parts together just to take apart again, four people later as I said still not up properly,
We are going to take apart and re do our way and away we know is going to be strong, we bought two one is going back to Bunnings.
Would never recommend.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $947.00.

Hi Rachel, I'm very sorry to hear this. What model shed do you have? If you could send through your details to admin@absco.com.au and I'll get our rep to give you a call to see how we can help. If the shed isn't together properly I'm sure it does feel flimsy, you're not wrong. We would love to help you get your shed up and installed properly. Once anchored to the ground the shed will be strong and secure. If you have photos, that would also help us. We can work with you to make sure you get it up. I look forward to hearing from you RosieHi Rosie, we bought two sheds did not even get other out of box, no shed should take more than three days to put together, the sheds were 4.48x2.26, We do not need a hand putting together they have both gone back to Bunnings. Regards Rachel

Assembling not an easy task

We found assembling the shed we bought not an easy task. What was really frustrating are the holes to put the screws not aligned accurately. We had to drill new hole just so we canout the parts together.

Purchased in March 2019 for $167.00.

Hi Dante, Thanks for leaving us a review. If you could please send me your model number I'll check get the production team to check the hole alignment on this model. Another cause could be if the panels are in the wrong orientation then the holes might not line up. However I'm glad to see you managed to get it together. Thank you Rosie

Great quality shed

Process of buying and delivery went well, even though i originally received the wrong shed a new one was delivery to my house within days! The instructions were clear and easy using the assembly app. This small shed is perfect for my potting mix and general garden bits and pieces. I would order ABSCO again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Simply Sheds for $259.00.

Hi Kate, We appreciate the feedback and for giving us a review. Good to hear that your initial issue was resolved immediately as our company continuously aim to improve and better serve our customers. Regards, Marius

Nice shed

The shed is a good size and fairly easy to construct. The instructions are easy to follow. The roof was a little tricky to get on (definitely needs two strong people) but all in all, a fairly painfree experience.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $349.00.

Hi Karen, Thank you for the review and appreciate the feedback you have given. Nice to hear that your satisfied with the Shed you have purchased. Regards, Marius

Very Happy

Waited longer than advised for the Woodland Grey but well worth the wait. Instructions weren't that easy but the video step by step helped. Knowledge of tools and pop rivet gun is preferable, otherwise it may be difficult. Took 2 adults 2 days but love the final product.

Purchased in August 2018 at Simply Sheds for $478.00.

Good value for money shed

I found the printed instructions provided a little hard to follow for a first time builder. The drawings for the door frame were universal and not specific to the shed purchased. The drawings also need to be clearer in the way parts fit together.
The video was a big help with the walls and roof but gave no information for the double door shed.
Shed is now erected and seems quite strong.
Generally a good product.

Purchased in December 2018 for $449.00.

Hi Greg, Thanks for giving us some feedback on the instruction manual. What model shed do you have? I'll take this feedback to our industrial designer to see how we can improve. Glad the videos helped! Thank you RosieAll the info I have is 3m x 3m x 2m Matt Black & Zinc Channels.

Much Easier Than The Average Shed

I found the Snap Tite system made construction of the shed so much easier than previous sheds I had built. Although some of the instructions were not perfectly clear, it was very straight forward to build

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $159.00.

Hi Dave, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you found it easier than normal. Thank you, Rosie

ABSCO Premier Garden Shed - not as easy to put together!

I had been looking at garden sheds for about 6 months. I looked at several, but the ABSCO 2.25mx2.25m is what I settled on. It would fit nicely in my back garden where there was not enough room for a 3mx3m alternative.
I chose the ABSCO because it is made in Australia. I also liked the fact that these sheds have the patented snap-tite system which I hoped would save me having to use a 1000 screws to put the thing together.

The shed came with a paper indicating their friendly mobile app which would help me step by step in my construction efforts. I immediately downloaded the app and got to watching the videos. That is where the honeymoon ended. While the app is useful to some degree, the video instructions were not step by step for my shed. The app also gave me the impression that I could construct the shed on my own, which is something you cannot do. I was particularly disappointed to find that app didn't help when it came to some of the more tricky parts of the assembly process.

The how to document which came with the shed was also far from adequate in trying to assemble the shed. While there are magnified sections explaining what to do, they are confusing because at no point does the instruction tell you which way up the sheet of colour bond should be. I spent a lot of time just trying to get that right. The front door assembly (my shed has a double door) was the hardest part to assemble with very poor drawings and instructions to work from. My doors did not end up hanging straight and I had to insert shims to get them to close properly. I felt the instruction manual was not much better than some imported brands, which is disappointing.

There are lots of screws used in the construction of the shed. That surprised me. I also found a number of the pre-drilled holes were not drilled through the colourbond and had to be redrilled before inserting the screws. That added to construction time. To top it all off, you have to by the anchor bolt kit separately to the shed. This is disappointing considering other brands come complete with anchor kits and the ABSCO costs more than other sheds. Anyway, 30 hours later, my shed is up, but what a lot of effort it took. In hindsight, I should have gone with the cheaper GardenPro shed (comes with anchor kit and $100 cheaper) and had tradies put it in for me.

In my opinion, this shed is not the easiest DIY shed out there.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you found our assembly app and videos useful. We would like to let you know that we are currently working on the instruction manual for this particular product so your feedback is valuable. Just so you know, Garden Pro units are cheaper as they have a 20 year warranty. Absco has a 30 year warranty and comes with higher quality steel, so you can be rest assured you have a high quality product. Thanks again for your feedback, Alyssa.

This is perfect, exactly what we wanted.

The shed had easy to read instructions. Easy to put together and even better it came with screws to put it all together. It was reasonably priced and exactly what we were looking for.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $429.00.

Hi Darren, Thank you for the review and we appreciate the feedback. We are happy to hear that you are happy with the Shed that you purchased. Regards, Marius

The garden shed looks nice but it dents quite easily.

The garden shed looks visually appealing and the double doors are a bonus. It was quite long to assemble and it dint's easily if you hit a cricket ball or anything onto the shed which looks quite bad and unattractive as the metal panels are quite thin.

Purchased in August 2018 at Simply Sheds for $478.00.

Hi Shinyredslippers, We appreciate the review and feedback provided. We would like to hear more about the issue / dents on your shed purchase. Hopefully some photos as well. I will send you a PM to get your contact details in reference to this. Regards, Marius

Perfect solution to fence screening issue (includes +ve, -ve and buyer tips)

Over at my rental we had a problem with a very ancient sheet-fence and two large, athletic and reactive dogs next door who kept lunging up (and, once, over!) the fence toward the 77yo tenant's pocket-dog. With no budget to replace the fence (and no luck getting the neighbours to restrain their dogs), we bought three 3m slimline sheds and staggered them right where the dogs were lunging. Now, no more lunging dogs and only 25% the barking since the little dogs snuffling at the fence gaps no longer sets off the frenzy.

POSITIVES: Price was great, and shipping was included and super-fast. Simply Sheds' customer service was excellent. We opted to collect from the courier warehouse since it wasn't our home and that was very straightforward. Instructions were clear and all parts were included in the boxes. They look great and hold heaps. Very happy. Perfect size for narrow sides. Screen's the neighbour's back yard from view. We were able to assemble with one man and one enthusiastic 10yo. Easy to paint, too, holds paint well.

NEGATIVES: Delivery - driver requires second person to get it off the truck and they can't offer specific delivery time. Either you have to be home all day just in case or you or you have to pay $$ for a second person to come along. Either you pay in $$ or you pay in time-lost, either way not quite 'free'. But still better than most companies.

TIPS: Judging by his pace, the guy in the YouTube how-to video has clearly done a LOT of these, but his technique is solid. You will be able to do it with minimal previous experience but I'd allow three times as long as he takes per shed. It's not difficult, but it is fiddly. Also give yourself a paving 101 lesson on YouTube because you're going to need a decent (and level) floor to put your shed on. Doesn't take much brick variance to have your shed being not level.

BUT... OTHER THAN THAT I'M VERY HAPPY AND WILL BE PUTTING SOME IN MY OWN (SMALL) BACK GARDEN SOON.

Purchased in October 2018 at Simply Sheds for $199.00.

Hi Nikki, This is great to hear! Thank you for sharing your story and posting some photos. You have done a great job. We are glad to hear that our step-by-step videos helped you in assembling your sheds. Your feedback is appreciated, I'll make sure to pass your review onto the Absco team. Thank you for sharing. Rosie

Happy with the purchase especially price

I purchased this shed and I have to say that overall I am happy. I looked around and this was under half price for a similar product from the large hardware retailers. In addition delivery to my door was free and easy. The large retailer charged an additional $99. I knew that it takes 2-3 people to assist in putting it together as you need spare hands to hold everything. With my spare change I got 2 lots of internal, steel shelving, I was also able to lay a concrete slab, all of which still came under budget compared to if I purchased it from a large retailer.
Bottom line - yes it is a bit fiddly to put together, however get your base right and have some spare hands and you cannot beat the final outcome. I put a few screws through the exterior into the steel shelving and it is rock solid

Purchased in September 2018 for $478.00.

Hi Happy Chappy, We appreciate the feedback and review you have given us. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our product. Regards, Marius

Good for the price

We received all the parts.
The instructions were OK but could be improved. A video of constructing it from whoa to go wold be good.
Quite a few of the holes that were meant to be drilled through weren't. Getting about a third of the holes to line up was a challenge. Glad we had three people for the construction.
Now that it is up, it looks good and I'm quite happy with it.

Purchased in February 2019 for $259.00.

Hi Wendy, Thank you for sharing us your feedback and review. Rest assure that our design team was made aware of the issues you have encountered with the instruction manual and we are reviewing your suggestions regarding the construction. Subsequently, we do have an App that contains tons of videos on how to construct our Shed as well as soft copies of the instruction manual. We are happy to hear though that you were satisfied with the outcome and our product. Regards, Marius

Inferior

Purchased a Garden pro shed from Bunnings. Hired someone to put it together & very soon realised i had purchased an Apsco. Had i known i would never have purchased it. The anchors didn't arrive & had to be re ordered. I have had 3 different people attempting to put this shed up & all have walked away. I now have 3 guys ( one a plumber) & they have been shaking their heads. Comments are, worst shed i have ever come across. I regret purchasing this shed but here it is & i have to live with it. My advise people is buy a name shed pay a bit more & stay away from Bunnings.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings for $1,495.00.

Hi Bibbi, Thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered while installing the Shed. We do have a mobile App with tons of Videos that can assist in installing the Shed. Subsequently, our Customer Service hotline is opened 7 days a week and we are happy to assist where we can at the same time, we have a Technical Person that can assist on walking you through or your installers on the installation. Regards, Marius

Great value for money!

Got this shed on clearance which made it super value. Communication about delivery was good. Instructions are easy to follow and heaps of screws provided. Found it easy to put together, save for two holes in the sheets which were not punched and i had to drill. The design is very simple but you end up with quite a sturdy shed. Definitely also recommend the timber flooring kit.

Purchased in September 2018 for $199.00.

Hi Dwayne, We appreciate the feedback and review you have given us. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our product. Regards, Marius

Easy to erect, great design

Purchased in October 2018 for $169.00.

Dear Sarah, Appreciate the feedback and review you have left in this page. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our product and the result after installation. Regards, Marius

Difficult to Erect

Looked so easy to erect on the website and after a few weekends my father in law and I eventually got it off the ground. Alignment (or should I say misalignment) of panels was a considerable issue and after a while we just plowed on by drilling our own holes and using better quality pop rivets. I was proud when we completed the job but boy was it a job.

Purchased in August 2018 for $450.00.

Hi Luke, We appreciate the feedback. Rest assure that our production team and design team were made aware of the issues you have encountered during assembly. If I may suggest that we also have a mobile App that contains tons of videos on how how to assemble our Sheds, for future reference. You can also contact our customer service hotline which is open 7 days a week for any further issues encountered. Regards, Marius

Looks great, works well, one slight design flaw, ordering process not great.

Like I said, looks great. Works well: no leaks, doors open and close pretty well. The major difficulty, I had was sliding the constructed roof panels into the ridge cap. The screws on the top of the roof panel caught on the edge of the ridge cap. The roof panel is large, heavy and awkward, and to have it catch like this; was dangerous, REALLY frustrating, and easily avoidable with recessed screws. The other slight annoyance was this particular shed "out of stock" for weeks. I called to see if/when it might come back. I was told a week. Waited a few. Nothing. Called back again... again, told a week... Nothing. Waited months. Just kept checking until it reappeared. Bit annoying.

Purchased in August 2018 for $399.00.

Hi Daniel mcf, We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. We have informed our designed team of the issues that you have mentioned regarding the difficulty that you have encountered when installing the roof panels. We appreciate the photos that you have attached. We apologised for the delay you have experienced, our production team is closely looking into this. Do let us know if there is anything we can further assist, our customer service hotline is open 7 days a week. Regards, Marius

Hi. I purchased a garden shed from Bunnings (Absco) in 2016 and one corner has completely rusted out. Is this something that one would expect over 3 years? thanks Glenn [email removed]
No definitely not sheds should last. For a lot longer than that. Tell Absco sheds.Hi Glenn, Thank you for letting us know about this. The sheds should last way longer than 3 years time. However some extreme factors affect the condition of the shed. Coastal areas and if the location of the shed is close to water can make the steel develop rust faster than dry areas. Also, dents and even little scratches expose the steel for rust to develop. Absco products have 30 year warranty against rust and corrosion and we are more than happy to assist you regarding this matter. We would like to know more about the condition of your shed. Please send us an email at admin@absco.com.au and provide us the details of your purchase and photos. Thank you Rain

I have a recently installed an absco regent shed. Recent high winds have blown rainwater between the roof sheets and ridge beam causing water to enter the shed. Should I seal between the roof sheets and ridge beam on the outside to prevent this happening again, perhaps just on the prevailing wind side? many thanks Rob
Hi Rob, Yes you can seal the roof sheets to stop water ingress. You will require a roof and gutter grade silicon for the long life expectancy. Hope this helps. Thank you Rosie

I have recently purchased a Asbasco bin cover model1508BCK form Homebase in UK. Checking the content list I see that the 6 xZACSJ channel joiners are missing making it impossible to erect this product. What do I do now I have assembled the smaller sections like doors and sides etc but cannot do anything else. Can they be supplied? Or should I dismantle what I have put together and return the product to store Regard Mr RA Wayman

Space SaverPremierRegentHighlanderWorkshopUtilityEzisliderEzislimEzicompactBasicEco-nomyStealth
Wind RatingN2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)N2 (147km/h)
Roof TypeSkillionGableGableGableGableGableSkillionSkillionFlatFlat
Door TypeSingleDoubleDoubleDoubleDoubleDouble with side accessDouble slidingSingleSingleSingle
ColourZincalume, Classic Cream, Pale Eucalypt, Woodland GreyZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Paperbark, Classic Cream, Woodland GreyPale Eucalypt, Paperbark, Woodland GreyZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Classic Cream, Woodland GreyZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Classic CreamZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Paperbark, Classic Cream, Woodland greyZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Classic Cream, Woodland GreyZincalume, Pale Eucalypt, Classic Cream, Woodland GreyZincalume, Paperbark, Woodland GreyZincalume, Paperbark, Woodland Grey

Similar listings