Bayer Advantage for Dogs

Bayer Advantage for Dogs Questions & Answers

Blue (Extra Large Dog), Green (Small Dog), Red (Large Dog) and Turquoise (Medium Dog)

4 questions from our users

Chele

Cheleasked

Advantage for Dogs

Does this product protect dogs from ticks?

Lee
Lee

Hi Chele, not as far as I know, it's just a flea treatment I believe.

lorraine
lorraine

Its advertised as a flea treatment which i didnt even find it was succesful at doing.

PamBasked

Advantage for Dogs

I used Advantage flea control last night & the fleas are still running around on my dog this morning, can you tell me how long it should take to kill the fleas.?Thanks

icj777
icj777

In my review, I said ADVANTAGE never did work.
The only one to actually work was COMFORTIS.
Hope this helps.

PamB

Thanks for your reply, she is still scratching a bit but I think it is working, can't see any on her tummy. I don't really think I would like to use Comfortis, if I don't have too, I once gave my last dog tablets for fleas & he developed stomach cancer, not saying it was the tablets but it has made me a bit weary. Thanks for your reply.

Sandra
Sandra

I was using advantage and my dog was riddled with fleas I took her to the vet and he said they can become immune to advantage! I am so annoyed because it is so expensive and it's no good to me now as I always brought it 6 monthly!! My vet gave her another flea killer and said they should drop off at the end of the night which they did but she had to get a shot of cortisone for the pain she was in!! Hope this helps

Trish

Trishasked

Advantage for Dogs

I was told a couple of drops in a dogs ear will kill ear mites is this correct. If so how msny times etc do I have to do it?

brombo
brombo

Ear mites can be very annoying for dogs. Advantage is not the best product for this condition. Use Advocate which is specially formulated to kill ear mites. Put the product on the skin on the back of the neck, don't put it in the ear. Clean any dried blood or debris off the outside of the ear very carefully with cotton buds and clean water. Do not put anything in the dog's ear. If the dog continues to show irritation from ear mites after a few days, take it to the vet.

Karen9990

Karen9990asked

Advantage for Dogs

Applied advantage on 12/10 ,2days later my dog is still scratching and I'm finding fleas on her! Any suggestions as to why?
Thanks,karen

jessiebelle
jessiebelle

I can only advise to take your pet to the vet as some dogs as one of mine has before have a bad allergic reaction to fleas, the vet treated her with a cortisone injection which stopped the itch. It is not that the flea treatment has not worked but that your dog is highly sensitive to fleas so very important to use the treatment on a regular basis. Once we notice that our dogs have fleas we are only seeing a very small percentage of what is on their coats. Please seek medical attention for your dog, do not let it suffer. Using the flea treatment is costly on a regular basis but in the long term more economical than when not using it and then vet treatment required.

Tania10
Tania10

Hi Karen, I am no expert but I have a few suggestions that might help. After washing my dog (border collie) I waited 24 hours to make sure he was completely dry before applying Advantage in 3 spots, neck, middle & rear back. I also replaced his old bedding & hosed down alfresco paving with bleach before spraying area with surface spray once dry. I did this to make sure the fleas weren't able to hide & continue breeding & reinfect my dog. He is an outside dog so didnt have to worry about sofas, carpet etc. It was well worth the effort. I believe it takes a few days for the dog to break the habit of scratching too. I hope this helps you & your pooch :)

Truffles
Truffles

Hi Karen, it doesn't seem to have worked for my dogs either. He never had fleas when I was using Frontline, then I swapped for this and it lasts about a week then he's got fleas again. Once the pack's finished I won't bother with it again.

Get an answer from our members and Bayer representatives