Bayer Advocate Orange (Small Cat)

Bayer Advocate Orange (Small Cat)

See the Best Heart & Intestinal Wormers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Side Effects None (1)

Paris P.

Paris P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Been using this on my cats for a year now.

I apply the treatment every month as advised on the back of the neck on my two indoor/outdoor cats and I have never seen a flea or any of them scratch. Taking one star off because the smell is very strong and my cats get annoyed for a few hours after application because of it. Apart from that, it's a great flea and multi worm treatment.

Purchased in October 2018 at Pet Circle for $60.00.

Side Effects None
Pet TypeCat

shazcam

shazcam

Cat was walking sideways..

Vet advised me to try product for fleas, put it on back of neck last night, came home today from work and cat was walking sideways, on back legs, falling , very unstable on feet, she has no illnesses at all and is 5 years old. Vet was closed, I rang a City after hours vet who advised me to bath her, which I did ..This may not happen with every cat but did with mine

Dianne

DianneIllawarra, NSW

Product

My kitten has used this product no effects will continue to use one of the better flea product going around

Diana

DianaDiscipline da144hu

Not safe.

Used on my 16yr cat twice second month found fleas on her. Did not eat for two days had blood test come back normal. Cost me 200 pounds. Could have been avoided if stayed with advantage

Hair Loss

Our cat has never been fond of this product and runs when he sees it coming. We’ve been using it for 5 months now. I applied it two days ago and today we’ve found the area of application with no hair, and his skin is blistered.

Mrs Margaret Neilson

Mrs Margaret NeilsonWalcha

No fleas

I have been using advocate on our young cat for the past 6 months. No fleas , no ear mites and no worms. Completely happy with the product and there has been no ill effects for our kitten from its use. Would recommend this product

My kitten died

My kitten was advised to take advocate orange, just 4 hours ago she deteriorate last June 7, 2018, then the next day she was not eating and drinking. We brought her to the vet to check her condition and all medication were given to help her, then came evening my little kitty died :( just within 48 to 72 hours she just died now, I feel guilty for following my vet's recommendation. I am truly sad and still teary right now. How come they offered this kind of medication. run free baby.. rip chinkee :(

JENNY

JENNYCAPE TOWN

Disappointed as my cats are still scratching!

This is the second time I'm using Adocate orange&purple(Which was highly recommended by the vetshop) my cats are still scratching after 5days. Your product costed a lot of money. I am so disappointed that I didn't read these reviews first as this is a clear indication there are problems judging from other reviewers. I really hope you respond to my letter.

Thai H

Thai HAU

One of the better flea treatments out there

This product is easy to use and effective. I use it on my two cats and we have never had a problem with pests. The only downside is that it's pretty expensive.

Jemma

JemmaSpringwood

Easy to apply and all in one

With my 2 cats I can’t muck around with tablets and this is a simple and cost effective way to keep on top of monthly preventatives

Do not use

I used this on my kitten she had a seizure and was trembling for a week on a drip at vets she is ok now.
It smells potent vets won't say it was the advocate but I will never use again.
I also gave it to my two older cats (I use the purple pack on them) they vomit every time.
I have thrown both packets in the rubbish.
Do not use it.

Cookster

CooksterBrisbane

Cat acting strange after treatment

Helios

HeliosSihanoulville

Poison

Same reaction as for everybody. Foam, voimit, fill exhausted, after a few days of multiple injection of any type at the vet, still looks dying. Don't eat or drink. Don't poo. Barely moves and heavily breathes. The only think I should add, we gave her medicine and left for 9 days unattended (after the foam reaction), she only received food from a landlord. She looks exhausted but true problems began after antibiotics prescribed internally. Maybe coincidence, but be warned.

Noddy

NoddyTownsville

Serious bad reaction!

Brilliant product

We were giving out cat Frontline but then she developed a flea allergy and was pulling her fur out. Our vet gave us this product and it has worked miracles. This product not only kills fleas but the eggs as well which a lot of other flea treatments don't. Our cat is like a different cat now and there have been no side effects. I would recommend this product.

Big cover up I think!!!

Distressing to see

We used Advocate, on our cat, earlier today. It was the correct dose, as advised by the vet. Her reaction was awful to see. She immediately became hugely distressed, mewing and trying to hide in corners. She was clearly frightened and extremely agitated. We have since managed to calm her down a little, although she is not the happy, little cat we are used to. We are just hoping she will get a good night's sleep and be back to her normal self, in the morning. We will never use Advocate again and will be advising our animal-loving family and friends to do the same. I only wish we had read some of these reviews first. If we had, we would never have subjected our cat to such torture.

Kazzy

Kazzy

Awful!

I have been using Revolution and decided to try this product. Followed the instructions and both my cats fur smelted of the product, you pat them both and the smell of the product is on your hand, the odour from the cats fur is strong. This does not happen with Revolution. This is 3 days after applying the product. I will bath my cats and throw out the product and go back to Revolution. Waste if money.

Dangerous

Too many people are saying their cat reacted badly, had seizures, vomiting or died and the vets are denying it was the flea treatment. The reactions only happened AFTER the product was used on the cats so has to be the product. I am not going to risk my cat dying scared and in pain. NOT HAPPY.

Selina.J

Selina.JMelbourne

This product has worked wonders! Covers a range of problems and kills fleas too.

I put my first treatment on my kitten the other week and it has worked wonders. Killed all the fleas and I haven't seen anymore since. The last product I used on her, Exelpet, did nothing and she was soon reinfeasted. The vet recommended this product and I am happy I spent the money, it was worth it. (I didn't purchase it from the vet tho, it was over $100, i managed to find the same for $50 online from Budget Pet Products). I love that it also kills/treats all sorts of problems like, worms, mites, etc. This is a great money saver and I will be using it in the future.