AIA Australia Income Protection

AIA Australia Income Protection

AIA are grubs.

Making it difficult for my wife who has multiple ruptured discs, a life injury. It affects this entire family, not just her. Put her premiums up to 14.5%! Money grubs.

Claim MadeNo

A.i.A Slow but good so far

There was a lot of documents to forward to them, they had to do a lot of work. I understand this but they were very slow and I was worried about the validity of the claim. In the end they back paid my claim and we are now, on our way thankfully.
There are some negative reviews on here, maybe patience and more understanding are needed.

Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Poor service

I’ve got a income protection claim with them and I’ve had very poor service with late payments then having to call them and being told they will escalate it . They ring for your payslips then tell you it will be then next day and 1 week goes bye and you have to call them cause it’s not done and told it will be other 5 days , not good enough. There good in taking your money but not good in giving it back when you have a injury . After this I will never use them again .

Terrible treatment.

This company is an absolute disgrace, take your money then do whatever it takes NOT to pay. Rest superannuation is a part of this & I've been with them for 30 odd yrs paying income protection every month! I'd love to know how the CEO of rest Vicki Doyle feels about this treatment, I'm not going away I'll fight this if anyone else is having the same problem!!! Please get in contact. Get out of Rest super & put your money somewhere else.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

AIA is Malpractice, malpractice and malpractice

I ve been in IP policy since 2008. Start my claim in Feb 2019, first contact, the claim officer was helpfull and comforter in the first place, contact me several time to update, ask this & that questions and request this & that documents. Toward the end of 60 days waiting period & another 60 days assesment time, my claim was declined. Then i realize she was not being helpfull and not giving clear suggestion in order to get my claim payout . It is more likely she set me up by asking and requesting this & that. Last contact, she mentioned that is not part her job to give clear suggestion to get the claim payout. The insane part, she said i totally can’t work during the claim process which is 4 months without income. How am i suppose to support my family, pay the bill and mortgage? Very helpfull, understanding and professional, right? Honestly, Their company slogan need to change to “We are here to help you more suffer & dying”. I take this case further i.e report it to ombudmans, write bad review and find the lawyer. I am not giving up till the end. Also i will share to everyone that this company is NOT respectfull, helpfull, understanding and professional, so they can stay away from this malpractice company.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

AIA Loses Another Customer

My credit card used to pay my premiums was compromised. Arriving back from holidays to find a letter from AIA that I could not believe. In short, they stated that they would decide if I could remain a member. My first thought was I will decide if I remain a member. Then I get another letter where they start to try to persuade me to come back to them. I told the poor customer service lady to stop sending me these computer generated letters as I found a policy elsewhere and they better start treating customers with respect and not just a number or they will continue to lose more customers.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Joe Cool, We’re really sorry to hear about your experience. We are always trying to improve our customer service and value the feedback you have provided. If you would like to chat to us about your experience further, we’re happy to arrange a call. We have just sent you a private message. Again thanks for taking the time to contact us. Warm Regards, The AIA Australia Team

Find someone else to go with

Despite lodging all required documents over a month in advance of the due date they still couldn't get their act together to ensure the first payment I was entitled to was paid on time. It took a further month of waiting and many calls that were never returned and emails that were never responded to. By the time they finally made the first payment they stuffed up the account number it was to be paid into and they had to cancel it and transfer the money again, even though they were provided with the correct account details.

I'm now having to go through the whole drawn out process again for the payments to continue 6 months down the track.

Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Speed Racer, We’re really sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating claims experience with us and we’d like to get to the bottom of it so we can ensure a smoother, more efficient process in the future. We’ve private messaged you seeking more information so we can investigate. Thank you for the feedback. The AIA Australia Team

121 days and still counting...

Absolutely disgusted in the time it’s taking to approve my claim, they don’t seem to care at all and are stringing it out as long as they possibly can.

I applied 121 days ago and still have no idea when I’ll see a cent from them.

I would not recommend this company.

Insurance claim madeYes

If your entitled - then your in safe hands!

These days too many people just expect to be paid, it's about paying the right claim so that premiums for all are managed. Imagine paying every claim. You need to meet the requirements, you need to also have made full disclosure.
I'm sorry to say but the people below have it wrong! I get that times are difficult and yes you or a loved one may think due to your circumstances your entitled... take a step back and think "am I really" if you are you will be paid.
I know my claims are in safe hands with aia.
Unfortunately people share things when it doesn't go their way - aia along with others pay billions I claims each year - so cut the slack and let's be honest, give them a chance to explain why, do not think you have a policy therefore you're entitled. It's not like car insurance.... seek financial advice if your illiterate on the topic, use the funds advisors for free advice, get yourself informed before making such poor bias reviews.

Inconsistent Income Protection Premium

Depending on which documents you ask for, AIA provides gives you conflicting sum insured for the same policy. I have had my "Notice of Payment Due" , "Certificate of Currency" and Policy Endorcement" ( I believe its issued by AIA Vitality) all stating different amounts. My broker asked for a Quote Summary and the payment due is different from the invoice I received. I rang AIA and they told me I have to pay more more even after I have been issued a Notice of Payment due for a lower amount.

Their system is unreliable, so I have little confidence whether the premium I am paying is accurate. My advice is leave AIA alone, no matter what your broker tells you. Its like a bad marriage, and the older you are, the harder it is to go to another insurer.

Best decision to make is don't even get strated with them.

Insurance claim madeNo

AIA DECEITFUL AND LIARS

We are tangled up with the claims process with this dodgy Insurance company.
We made a claim some six weeks ago through REST Superannuation, not knowing they were passing premiums onto a dodgy insurance company based in Hong Kong. It's quite obvious by the ridiculous questions AIA are asking, this will be a long drawn out legal battle. I blame REST Superannuation for jumping into bed with an Insurance Company that has a very poor track record (you only have to look at the other comments posted here).
After contacting the Ombudsman, they are well known to that government department.
What surprises me is that if we are all reading this, then why aren't REST Superannuation reading this and making changes!!!

AIA's Lack of compassion

AIA are the worst insurance company ever!! They are cold and callous, and lack all sensitivity when dealing with sick human beings. You have to fight them every step of the way and this only contributes to worsening your medical condition. With much fighting and standing firm I had to wait eight months to receive my first IP payment. [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed] are cold hearted snakes in the grass.

Income Protection

My husband had a motorbike accident they stuffed him around it took 2 and a half years to start getting income protection after he was forced to go with workcover that we had to pay back. Then they tried to say that he was only eligible til age 55 after much checking they are supposed to pay til age 65. Now they want to stop his income protection?? They don't care about people at all as for 75% of predicability wage biis getting 50%. Disgraceful digusting but were not giving up. These people that AIA are dealing with need help not a kick in the guts.

AIA are contempt

My Brother died recently after a long battle with one insurance company I got my brothers super paid out as there was a coroners report with the death not suspicious.
Now there was a death policy with AIA making it near impossible for me to claim.
My brother died intestate they are wanting probate or will may pay us out.
After speaking to a lot of people this is sort of stuff what this company does to people to prevent a claim.
The fact my brother is dead I feel this company is Uncompassionate.
This company is unhelpful Do not use them!!!

AIA late payments

After reading a review tonight regarding late payments and the initial experience this concerns me greatly. My partner is very ill and the claim process was slow to begin with so after a few escalations the claim was accepted at close to the 60 day mark. Initial payments were made on time, and all proof of medical leave, no payments from my partner's employer and doctor's reports were all submitted by mid June before the deadline of 3 July. Monies should have been in the account by 9th of month but received excuses and advised to change direct debit dates. This is not good enough, it is bad enough to rely on income insurance at a reduced rate of your income when you are gravely ill without being told to arrangement you credit and loan commitments around their payment process being late. Noticed the last few emails were a little less polite, they need to remember they get a good premium from their customers and when you are ill it is stressful enough. Do not add to your customer's health issues by added more stress. if you cannot cope with the workload hire more staff.

Payments went up by $400 p/y. Disgusted. Have been ripped off

Rip offs. Increased policy by $400p/y. in one year. They knew I am on disability pension and could not afford increase. Am talking to the media about this asap. Had my policy cancelled after they stole all my money.

Insurance claim madeNo

They just don't care

Payments are always so late and they always have an excuse why.
I had a fantastic CS person in the beginning, she would call and ask how I was, is there anything I can do for you? Her name was Olivia then she was replaced by a young male by the name of Hamish.
Since then it has gone down hill, it gets to 21 days since payment has been due and it has not presented in my account. I phone them only to be told that my CS is on annual leave. He has not allocated his work load to represent his annual leave.
Frustrating when you rely on the income to pay bills.

Insurance claim madeYes

Trying to get Income protection due to illness

I am disgusted about the way I have been treated trying to get Income protection Put my claim on 20/12/17 and still waiting!!!! They have gone back since 2011 seeking medical records to see if I could work 30hrs a week during that time. I have only worked 25hrs a week since 2011. They keep coming up with more and more required information I thought this was going to be easy but no.. I want to know who can over-ride medical practitioners reports & information they only have a panel and make there own decisions I think. Why do we join a fund and are covered for protection!!! What a Joke...

Absolute waste of money

Worst company I've ever dealt with. Poorly trained, ignorant and insensitive staff, impossible claims process designed to ensure that they never pay out. After 6 months of jumping through all of their hoops, they finally accepted my claim.... 2 months later, no money and no further contact from them. Finally received a text accepting the claim and advising they will contact me within 10 working days... No further communication from them. They have caused me untold stress and anxiety which seems to be exactly what they set out to do. Save your money, use a different company. Got to wonder what the ACCC does with their time, they should have this company in their sights.

Very poor

So wait the 60days, while you ponder over both your diagnosis and finances.
Unclear claim form which is almost guaranteed not to pass on to next stage.
Not that you’ll be told you’ll need to follow up endlessly with endless amounts of irrelevant questions and claims from inhuman staff.
No urgency to solve issues just more questions or reports they order to find any reason not to pay out. Finally when you think you have a case mgr and things will speed up again more delays and backtracking. Even once it was agreed they’d pay out even that needed follow up calls. Like being ill isn’t bad enough this experience just adds stress to an already testing time
ACCC should be all over this company.
Ombudsman really just a fence Sitter probably paid off by aia.
Whole process Beyond a joke.

Insurance claim madeYes

Has AIA staff got enough training to deal with mental health patients? With my experience AIA is very bad , I have been suffering from acute anxiety and depression and the case assessor made it worst, the staff at AIA has NO CUSTOMER SEVICE at all. Does AIA have an internal dispute department? No, cause you guys are money hungry wolves that will devour any client to keep your claims payout ? I contested the decision made on my case,having all evidence, and to my surprise ,it was the same case assessor that looked into it when he was the problem :-( , AIA Is a joke and you guys do not help your members, I wonder how fraudulent people like yourself sleep at night,anyway, my lawyers are with me and I was wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AIA would like to join me on today tonight show ? We should let people know how AIA mock you around when you are already sick !!
They're a joke my super rest use AIA looks like they don't pay anyone I'd be interested if anyone has had a positive out come please!So far, I didn’t see any good review about AIA , only negatives, super funds should really check who they associate themselves with :-(ive broght the mental health awareness up in my obundman complaint as they were continually lying to me

Why do you have clients wait for there payments and never pay on time , you make constant excuses all the time . I’m so over this company but I’m sure you want this we walk again and you keep our money .
Hopeless looks like no one gets paid I had surgery in Jan still haven't got one cent! I've been with rest over 30yrs paying insurance I just get my solicitors to deal with it far too stressful for me I'm not on medication for anxiety! They don't care!

Did anyone else know they have a client advocate at AIA?
No I didn't I've handed mine over to solicitors, this rest insurance is an absolute disgrace meaning Rest deals with 1star AIA insurance you get no response what's so ever god forbid if they rang to see how you were coping!! The answer is they don't care!!