AIA Australia Income Protection

AIA Australia Income Protection

AshtonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lies and lies playing with people's lives who are struggling and suffering and are ready to die not coping.help AIA plea

Ashton

AIA please help me asap.im going to put a formal complaint to ombudsman and be contacting current affair too

Samantha

SamanthaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute joke for an insurance company

Claim DateDecember 2016

SuelorrWestern Australia

If you are insured with this company you need to change it

I submitted a IP CLAIM in June of last year it took 6 months to get $15.00 per week and told this was because I am on newstart, if my claim had been processed in 60 as they stated I would not have been on centrelink so now I have put complaints in both with my super and AIA. I have had a response from my super stating my payments should be for 2 years they are only going to pay me until March 2020 instead of June 2021 my income protection amount should be 1485.12.

Suelorr

I like you cannot make comment

Belinda

BelindaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service

I submitted all the required documents before the waiting period had to abuse them To get it finalised as had waited 2 months before it was approved. Finally got first payment after a number of calls now 14 days late on next payment. Was told a week ago would be escalated called a week later told the same thing as the last person obviously hadn’t escalated it. Stress of being injured, paying physio, bills, Christmas, kids school fees etc. I’m sure my employer pays them on time to insure me but they can’t push a button to pay me?! Will be taking it further.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

Nicole M.

Nicole M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Diagnosed with a brain tumour 6 months ago, have sent through all my documentation months ago and heard nothing back no matter how many follow up emails have been sent. Planning to go to the ombudsman now, seeing how many people have been treated the same. Sick people shouldn't have to beg for services they have paid for.

Peter H.

Peter H.Far West, NSW

Class action suit needed

Garfield P.

Garfield P.Perth, WA

They lie, they abuse you and they don’t care

This is an organisation that is so egotistical, it happily lies to AFCA knowing they face zero consequences (have 1 successful complaint and second one pending) Its claims staff lie ( I have transcripts) and deliberately re traumatise you.

Natalie S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unprofessional and unreliable

After my injury with 100% proof and the claim being accepted over 3 months ago ive been lied to numerous times theyv'e said they sent an email to my drs for more information and its not been sent after i called and checked 3 times before booking a double appointment 3 times with the dr , my assessor angela
is never available shes off to lunch or in a confrence or has just left for the day , i will be putting in a complaint to the ombudsom and heading to a current affair ,this is unacceptable ,while i cant afford to pay my mortgage and other bills , unnecessary stress and depression , get your jobs done asap just like you taking out money for these bad circumstances .

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Natalie, we appreciate you reaching out and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We've sent you a private message to get a few more details so we can try and sort our your enquiry.
Thanks, AIA Team

DwayneSouth West, WA

Big on delay tactics

Claim for IP at 7 months and counting. I, m sick of writing About Aia and Rest .So to make it short and sweet take all the negative stuff written about them by the stressed out people below, and that's my story in a nutshell. Also Go to the REST product review site and read my Shame on you REST review and the conversation I have with the Rest representative about claiming and AIA

Claim DateJuly 2019
AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Dwayne, thanks for taking time out to let us know about this - we're sorry to hear about your situation. We've sent you a private message and we're looking forward to seeing if we can help you.
Thanks, AIA Team

Dwayne

All the reviewers before me saying the same story over and over, don't waste your time on me. You already know the problem is your system so go and sort that out first then all our problems will be solved.

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

What A NIghtmare !

Claim DateOctober 2019
AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Sue, we appreciate you reaching out. We'd like to chat this through with you further, we've sent you a private message to get a few more details. Thanks!

brett H.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Difficult policy: I can’t live with it!

Claim DateApril 2019

brett H.

I’m still waiting for contact from AIA.
“ Hi Brett, we appreciate you reaching out. We'd like to chat this through with you further, we've sent you a private message to get a few more details. Thanks!”
Obviously nothing AIA says can be believed

Kristie

Kristie

Constant mess around

Stephend82

Stephend82Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good service

Initially I was not impressed with the wait for approval however my claim has now proceeded and I found the company caring and supportive in my cancer treatment. They also offered personal cancer carers to assist with my recovery.

Rachael

RachaelFar West, NSW

Not Happy at all

I applied for Income protection back in july 2019 i have been approved and have been waiting for back payments to be calculated so haven’t even started receiving monthly benefits as yet its been 4 weeks since last back payment received and everytime i contact i get told they can’t give me a time frame when I will receive next payment and can’t receive my monthly benefits till all back payments have been calculated.
Im getting very stressed and frustrated not knowing when payments will be received.
And feel when I contact they are annoyed its called income protection for a reason and I don’t feel protection one bit.

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Rachael, thanks for taking time out to let us know about this - we're sorry to hear about your situation. We've sent you a private message and we're looking forward to seeing if we can help you.

Jenn76

Jenn76 Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Positive experiences with AIA

My experience with AIA income protection has been easy and positive. Most of my information was submitted with my claim form and a few other pieces of paperwork was submitted within a few weeks of claim submission. I was advised that the claim assessment process would take 2 months but it was accepted prior to the the 2 months. The people I’ve spoken to over the phone and via email have been so helpful, informative and supportive. Thank you AIA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

AshleySPerth

AIA reported to AFCA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority)

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking time out to let us know about this - we're sorry to hear about your situation. We've sent you a private message and we're looking forward to seeing if we can help you.

KristineQueensland

6 months and still on going

Claim DateMay 2019

Frank madafferi

Frank madafferiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Paying for a service that isn't provided to you and this is supposed to be fair!?

6 months now since I made my income protection claim and its excuse after excuse. Asking for information that they already have.. not calling back when they tell you they will.. my so called "assessor" that I rarely hear from telling me that I was put on a priority list but then told by another incompetent employee that that was not the case.. I had to go back to work earlier than expected just so I could cover my rent still with a busted elbow. This has seriously caused mental health issues for myself and there is no way getting through to them. Just another big business taking and taking but never giving. Stay away at all costs!

TrudieSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst, most useless and incompetent company I have ever dealt with!!

AIA A.AIA Australia

Horrible insurance company-avoid at all cost

They are quick to take your money, awful if you want to make changes to your policy. My experience was that its easy to make changes as long as you buy more cover but I could not get them to make amendments to reduce. I ended being forced to cancel which is a pity as I entered into a level policy and ended up loosing a lot.

Claim MadeNo

Natalie S.asked

Why do you always have different excuses every time i call ? My drs have sent reports tp you AIA ans now youv'e said you need more , so i phone to make sure youv'e sent the email ,and guess what no email wasted the drs time and mine so i call again and was reassured youv'e sent and yet again not sent . How dare you make people's lives suffer even more its stressful enough losing your job over an injury over no fault of your own people have mortgages to pay im fed up with the constant lying by your staff and have never have gotten to speak with my assessor angela why? Shes out to lunch ,shes just left for the dat , or shes in a conference all a bunch of lies stop delaying my payment, i am going to the ombudsmen ,and a current affair on channel 9 and get all the people whom are suffering like myself , you have 100% proof of my injury and approved it, why keep me waiting , i will never recommend this disgusting insurance , they are unprofessional and unreliable,

Sue

Hi Natalie I am in the same situation as you ! I am so tired of getting the run around and ringing them constantly ! They keep saying to me they never receive my documents and then I send and send but no communication at all ! I pray someone can help us because I am genuinely injured and have no money but have super and this so called income protection, I am stressed just like you but getting no where and no payment from AIA they are all uncaring and unprofessional we need to start a group and do something about this company! Sue

Natalie S.

I am puting in formal complaint to the ombudsom, and their company as well also this week calling a current affair on channel 9 i am fed up of excuses and lies , they really think we are just another number when we have our mortages to pay and other bills i have a depression problem directly from my injury , i do believe they have their proticales to follow and need some time , they need to read their own product , as they advertise, they (help you in the event of injury or illness) hahaha false advertising liars.

sunshines
sunshines

Hi Natalie, a friend of mine works for a current affair and knows just how bad AIA are because I have been telling her about them for the last couple of years. Let me know if you would like me to put you in touch. Leigh Sales from ABC's 7.30 would also be an excellent option.

Jack

Jackasked

Hi who is your governing body? Thanks

AIA A.AIA Australia

Hi Jack. I've sent you a direct message to assist in your enquiry. Thanks - Matt (AIA Team)

AshleyS

AFCA, Australian Financial Complaints Authority. I would encourage everyone here to lodge a complaint with AFCA. It will only be then that AIA will start to handle claims in a professional and efficient manner as opposed to the passive agressive customer service currently being provided.

yashveer p.asked

Has AIA staff got enough training to deal with mental health patients? With my experience AIA is very bad , I have been suffering from acute anxiety and depression and the case assessor made it worst, the staff at AIA has NO CUSTOMER SEVICE at all. Does AIA have an internal dispute department? No, cause you guys are money hungry wolves that will devour any client to keep your claims payout ? I contested the decision made on my case,having all evidence, and to my surprise ,it was the same case assessor that looked into it when he was the problem :-( , AIA Is a joke and you guys do not help your members, I wonder how fraudulent people like yourself sleep at night,anyway, my lawyers are with me and I was wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AIA would like to join me on today tonight show ? We should let people know how AIA mock you around when you are already sick !!

Vicki P.
Vicki P.

They're a joke my super rest use AIA looks like they don't pay anyone I'd be interested if anyone has had a positive out come please!

yashveer p.

So far, I didn’t see any good review about AIA , only negatives, super funds should really check who they associate themselves with :-(

Chris
Chris

ive broght the mental health awareness up in my obundman complaint as they were continually lying to me

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives