AIA Australia Income Protection

AIA Australia Income Protection

yashveer p.Perth, WA

AIA will help you if you are legit

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Ivan

IvanPerth, WA

AIA Insurance = my good experiance

Claim DateNovember 2011
Claim ApprovedYes

My fight from 2011 with incompetent crooks from AIA.

Robert Sh.
Robert Sh.

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Waiting !

Applied for income protection claim nearly 2 months ago all documents sent to them and am still waiting to hear from them...To get back to me I've had enough stress am taking it further..

Chris

I've tried ringing the number to no avail

E P.

E P.Sydney, NSW

Very disappointed with current assessor and management.

Claim DateJuly 2019

OVER ITSouth East Queensland, QLD

My God What a Dodgy, Incompetent Company

OVER IT

OK so why should I believe that you can make a difference, This claim was started March/April this year this is why I gave up 2 and half years ago because of the incompentence

Ted

TedPerth, WA

AIA are grubs.

Making it difficult for my wife who has multiple ruptured discs, a life injury. It affects this entire family, not just her. Put her premiums up to 14.5%! Money grubs.

Beeker77

Beeker77Melbourne

A.i.A Slow but good so far

There was a lot of documents to forward to them, they had to do a lot of work. I understand this but they were very slow and I was worried about the validity of the claim. In the end they back paid my claim and we are now, on our way thankfully.
There are some negative reviews on here, maybe patience and more understanding are needed.

Claim DateApril 2019
AIA A.AIA Australia

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Poor service

I’ve got a income protection claim with them and I’ve had very poor service with late payments then having to call them and being told they will escalate it . They ring for your payslips then tell you it will be then next day and 1 week goes bye and you have to call them cause it’s not done and told it will be other 5 days , not good enough. There good in taking your money but not good in giving it back when you have a injury . After this I will never use them again .

Terrible treatment.

This company is an absolute disgrace, take your money then do whatever it takes NOT to pay. Rest superannuation is a part of this & I've been with them for 30 odd yrs paying income protection every month! I'd love to know how the CEO of rest Vicki Doyle feels about this treatment, I'm not going away I'll fight this if anyone else is having the same problem!!! Please get in contact. Get out of Rest super & put your money somewhere else.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

54n7

54n7Sydney,NSW

AIA is Malpractice, malpractice and malpractice

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Joe Cool

Joe CoolSydney, NSW

AIA Loses Another Customer

My credit card used to pay my premiums was compromised. Arriving back from holidays to find a letter from AIA that I could not believe. In short, they stated that they would decide if I could remain a member. My first thought was I will decide if I remain a member. Then I get another letter where they start to try to persuade me to come back to them. I told the poor customer service lady to stop sending me these computer generated letters as I found a policy elsewhere and they better start treating customers with respect and not just a number or they will continue to lose more customers.

speed racer

speed racerPerth, WA

Find someone else to go with

Despite lodging all required documents over a month in advance of the due date they still couldn't get their act together to ensure the first payment I was entitled to was paid on time. It took a further month of waiting and many calls that were never returned and emails that were never responded to. By the time they finally made the first payment they stuffed up the account number it was to be paid into and they had to cancel it and transfer the money again, even though they were provided with the correct account details.

I'm now having to go through the whole drawn out process again for the payments to continue 6 months down the track.

Claim DateJune 2018
AIA A.AIA Australia

121 days and still counting...

Absolutely disgusted in the time it’s taking to approve my claim, they don’t seem to care at all and are stringing it out as long as they possibly can.

I applied 121 days ago and still have no idea when I’ll see a cent from them.

I would not recommend this company.

Insurance claim madeYes

If your entitled - then your in safe hands!

DDD

DDDMelbourne

Inconsistent Income Protection Premium

Insurance claim madeNo

Toppy

Toppy

AIA DECEITFUL AND LIARS

We are tangled up with the claims process with this dodgy Insurance company.
We made a claim some six weeks ago through REST Superannuation, not knowing they were passing premiums onto a dodgy insurance company based in Hong Kong. It's quite obvious by the ridiculous questions AIA are asking, this will be a long drawn out legal battle. I blame REST Superannuation for jumping into bed with an Insurance Company that has a very poor track record (you only have to look at the other comments posted here).
After contacting the Ombudsman, they are well known to that government department.
What surprises me is that if we are all reading this, then why aren't REST Superannuation reading this and making changes!!!

Rosie R

Rosie RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AIA's Lack of compassion

Income Protection

My husband had a motorbike accident they stuffed him around it took 2 and a half years to start getting income protection after he was forced to go with workcover that we had to pay back. Then they tried to say that he was only eligible til age 55 after much checking they are supposed to pay til age 65. Now they want to stop his income protection?? They don't care about people at all as for 75% of predicability wage biis getting 50%. Disgraceful digusting but were not giving up. These people that AIA are dealing with need help not a kick in the guts.

AIA are contempt

My Brother died recently after a long battle with one insurance company I got my brothers super paid out as there was a coroners report with the death not suspicious.
Now there was a death policy with AIA making it near impossible for me to claim.
My brother died intestate they are wanting probate or will may pay us out.
After speaking to a lot of people this is sort of stuff what this company does to people to prevent a claim.
The fact my brother is dead I feel this company is Uncompassionate.
This company is unhelpful Do not use them!!!

yashveer p.asked

Has AIA staff got enough training to deal with mental health patients? With my experience AIA is very bad , I have been suffering from acute anxiety and depression and the case assessor made it worst, the staff at AIA has NO CUSTOMER SEVICE at all. Does AIA have an internal dispute department? No, cause you guys are money hungry wolves that will devour any client to keep your claims payout ? I contested the decision made on my case,having all evidence, and to my surprise ,it was the same case assessor that looked into it when he was the problem :-( , AIA Is a joke and you guys do not help your members, I wonder how fraudulent people like yourself sleep at night,anyway, my lawyers are with me and I was wondering if anyone had a bad experience with AIA would like to join me on today tonight show ? We should let people know how AIA mock you around when you are already sick !!

Vicki P.

They're a joke my super rest use AIA looks like they don't pay anyone I'd be interested if anyone has had a positive out come please!

yashveer p.

So far, I didn’t see any good review about AIA , only negatives, super funds should really check who they associate themselves with :-(

Chris

ive broght the mental health awareness up in my obundman complaint as they were continually lying to me

Del W.

Del W.asked

Why do you have clients wait for there payments and never pay on time , you make constant excuses all the time . I’m so over this company but I’m sure you want this we walk again and you keep our money .

Vicki P.

Hopeless looks like no one gets paid I had surgery in Jan still haven't got one cent! I've been with rest over 30yrs paying insurance I just get my solicitors to deal with it far too stressful for me I'm not on medication for anxiety! They don't care!

La Hola

La Holaasked

Did anyone else know they have a client advocate at AIA?

Vicki P.

No I didn't I've handed mine over to solicitors, this rest insurance is an absolute disgrace meaning Rest deals with 1star AIA insurance you get no response what's so ever god forbid if they rang to see how you were coping!! The answer is they don't care!!

Get an answer from our members and AIA Australia representatives