2ALDI Ferrex All-in-One Sander

3.0

Fergus Dixon
Fergus DixonAU4 posts

Great

Works extremely well - has the option of sticky pads or clamped 1/3 sanding sheets. Sanding dust collector bag works well and be easily emptied into a bin.

Only gripe is it only comes with 3 sanding pads. I bought some 1/3 sheet sanding pads from Bunnings but they are not as good as the Ferrex ones. Cheapest Bunnings sander was $49 while this one was $29 in Aug 2021. Show details

Noise Level
FrustratedSouth-Eastern Region, NSW3 posts

New record!

Ordinarily I don’t buy power tools from Aldi but the only other choice I have locally is Mitre 10 and I’ve found their budget range just don’t last long. My last Mitre 10 buy had died after 18 months of reasonably light use so I thought I’d try the Ferrex one as I needed one to finish a job and it looked like it would fit the bill. Lasted less than a minute! I thought I must have tripped the circuit so tried different outlets, no luck it’s officially dead in less than 60 seconds.

Unfortunately as it was lumped in with a grocery shop my wife has thrown away the receipt, bought Saturday dead Wednesday, $49 waste of money! Show details