See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

3.5
  • Product is used
  • Safety
  • Battery Life
 June
JunePerth, WA

Absolutely love it, so easy to use no petrol, noise or cord. Battery lasts it takes me 45 min. and it is still going. Have not had to rewind he spool yet but I am hopeful that it will be easy, we shall see.

Purchased in January 2021.

niloc
niloc

Have used a number of the same model for years.. pluses and minuses.

Purchased for $100.00.

jkefaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Light device - OK for light use

Purchased in October 2019 at ALDI for $70.00.

Not worth the aggravation

You get what you paid for; battery doesn't last; now the battery might make for 5 minutes and that is on a full charge... Absolutely hate it; would never purchased a Gardenline product again; no wonder this product is discontinue.. bought at Aldi.. Total waste of money and a waster of my time.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Battery Whipper Snippers

Find out how ALDI Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer compares to other Battery Whipper Snippers

GKMELBOURNE

Gardenline 36v Grass Trimmer

I initially brought this with the intention to try and return, as I believed that it would not be any good. 18 months later I still have it, as its proven its worth when used on well kept lawns. I use it once a fortnight and its takes around 20 to 30 minutes to trim my whole lawn.

GK

Sep 16, still going strong.

GK

Using it the other day, and the bottom shaft dropped out. Found that the screws had come a little loose. Simply put it back in and torqued up the screws. All screws were a little loose, so made a plan to test nip every six months.

Olwyn Edmonds
Olwyn EdmondsAU

Oh so easy!

I hate doing edges and refused to use a noisy two stroke petrol trimmer--even if I could start it. Battery operated is the way to go. Press the trigger and you are away. So quiet, so easy to use and when you're finished just recharge it and its ready for next time. We have quite a few edges and the battery hasn't run flat yet. Had it running for about an hour. Quite light at 4.0kg. Easy for older person to manage. Plus 3 year warranty.
Not expensive $149, very quiet, long running time. no cords to pull, just press trigger
Not a thing

Don G
Don Gasked
Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer

Where can I find the line for the 20V Trimmer? In all local stores I has tried, they don's stock a line small for the holes in the line holder.

PIO

I actually purchased two spools from Action Spares in Sydney. Think their number is 1800777137. I ordered two spools, which broke not long after purchase - both of them - but I'm giving it one more go. You can order the spool cover and the spool, or just the spool with the line if you don't need the cover. The little plastic bits that stick in the slot keep breaking. The part number for the 20V battery trimmer is 55392-4 for the Cover, and 55392 for the Spool. Hope this helps.
I just phoned and reordered. Spoke with Kay this time. I rang the above number and they transferred me. Action Spares for Gardenline spares is 1800465070. They're in Smeaton Grange NSW. I ordered two spools, two covers and two springs. The postage has gone up since I ordered in May. It's now $15; that's why I ordered doublje.
I found out that the reason mine was breaking was I wasn't hitting the silver spool feed button up and down directly with the trimmer going. If you don't do that that causes the spool catches to break.

Paul C.
Paul C.asked
Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer

How do I perform Line replacement on Aldi Gardenline trimmer?
Paul
[Email Removed]

Don Lobwein
Don Lobweinasked
Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer

The cutting head of my 20v line trimmer has a plastic clip broken off. Are replacement parts available and at what cost. The trimmer can not be used as the head keeps flying off.I have had this trimmer about 18 months.

jkefa

I believe there is a 5 yr warranty for this. Get onto the Aldi site, and contact customer service.
This is likely to be positec group.com

Angela M.
Angela M.

Need string

PIO

See my response to Don G and Noel. Action Spares, Sydney sell. 1800777137. $10 postage, so I bought two sets, cover and spool with line included.
Action Spares have two areas. If you ring the above number they'll transfer, but the number below is the number I just received on my confirmation order. I dealt with Kay.
This phone number will get you through, but the direct numbers, which I just found out after ringing and reordering is 1800465070. I ordered double of everything - springs, covers and spools. Postage has gone up - it's now $15.
Hope this helps.

See all ALDI Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

ALDI Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer

Compare all 4 ALDI Gardenline 20V Cordless Line Trimmer
CategoryBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper SnippersBattery Whipper Snippers
Price (RRP) $59.99$69.99$199.00$149.00
Handle TypeLoop HandleLoop HandleLoop HandleLoop Handle
Shaft TypeStraightStraightStraightStraight
Power SourceBattery (Removable)Battery (Removable)Battery (Removable)Battery (Removable)
Engine TypeLithium-Ion BatteryLithium-Ion BatteryLithium-Ion BatteryLithium-Ion Battery
Voltage 20 V20 V20 V36 V
  • 11 Jan 2020
  • 16 Jan 2021
  • 15 Feb 2014
  • 22 Mar 2014
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2017Jan 2020