2ALDI Mistral Thermo Cooker (Sep 2019, Apr 2020)
Part of ALDI Thermo Cookers  3.2 (40)

ALDI Mistral Thermo Cooker (Sep 2019, Apr 2020)

3.6

10 reviews · Statistics

60%20%20%

Safety
See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ALDI Thermo Cookers › Mistral Thermo Cooker (Sep 2019, Apr 2020)10 reviews
Jayne B.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Not happy

Can't get replacement parts I ve been looking for a basket that goes inside Show details
Fed up
Fed upNSWHunter Region, NSW4 posts
  Mistral Thermo Cooker

Can't ever get lid on without brute strength

Thought those on lk d be gr8 addition. Have used it about 5 times and each time an exhausted after fighting to get lid on. Waste of money.
Zbi M.
Zbi M.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive Mistral Thermo Cooker

Its v.good

That item Mistral Thermo Cooker which I'd buy from Aldi is one of the best thing I ever bought to use in my kitchen since then I'd have great dinner
 Show details
NickC
NickCNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts
Jan h
Jan hWAPerth, WA3 posts
  Verified Mistral Thermo Cooker

Good but recipes need fine tuning

Used recipe from mistral book for sticky date creamed rice. No taste. Instructions say put steamer baskets ON LID but you actually have to take lid off and secure steamer on bowl. Recipes such as curries etc good. Show details
Mon
MonVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Not sure about this

As someone who is a confidant cook, I got the mistral purely to save time. I did a risotto which was good, but not amazing. I have since tried a zabaglioni and a vanilla custard and neither thickened up at all!!! I had to pour both batches down the sink. As I went off Thermomix recipes, I extended cooking time etc but it’s just not working. Does anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately, I think I’m going to have to return it.

Also when I have the butterfly attachment in, I can sometimes adjust the speed to a 4, but the book says it only goes up to a 3. Not to mention, occasionally the temp knob doesn’t work.

I was really hoping this machine would be everything I’d imagined. Show details

Pearl lee
Pearl leeQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD35 posts

Speedy Time Saver Machine!!!!! Clean and tidy kitchen benchtop

My kitchen benchtop has never been so clean ever before!!!
It chops, it stews and it steams. And only paid 10% of what you would have paid for an actual Thermomix.
It does make a lot of loud noise when chopping, but which food processor doesn't do that. So I guess it is normal. I particularly like the suction footing. It helps the machine hold on to the benchtop tightly and doesn't move a lot.
Did my rice and curry as the first meal. Works fantastic. Can't wait to try various style of Indian curry dishes (all in the same pot).
I am looking forward to making ice cream for this hot hot summer.
Cleaning was so easy, pull some water and detergent in, and let it spin for a minutes, self clean, less scraping and washing up to do. Show details
N.T.N
N.T.NQueensland66 posts

Value for money

Great for baking and stews. Found it needed extra time for chopping onion and also the machine shook and rattled a little more than expected. Took 45min for rice to cook rather than 15min in my usual rice cooker. Followed mistrals’s Risotto recipe and it turned out gluggy. With some manual adjustments to time and heat I’m sure it will work a treat. The blade is easy to detach and bowl easy to clean. Not exactly smooth sailing but all in all good value for money Show details
Annadingdong
AnnadingdongWAPerth, WA

Love it

First recipe - Pumpkin and bacon risotto was not good - very gluggy. But last night I made Honey Mustard Chicken (Yum!), Individual Banana cakes with cream cheese icing (Fantastic) and individual Impossible Cheese and Bacon quiches (also fantastic). Can't wait to try more things, its just so easy and only the jug to wash up! Show details
Latoya C.
Latoya C.NSWHunter Region, NSW2 posts

love love love

I bought this yesterday, and all day today I have been playing with it, I have made quiche that took me 10 minutes to mix it in total and a total of 40 minutes to cook in the oven.
Also made strawberry vodka daiquiri within 5 minutes and was cold as and tasted amazing.
Love love love Show details