ALDI Mistral Thermo Cooker (Sep 2019)

ALDI Mistral Thermo Cooker (Sep 2019)

See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mon

MonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not sure about this

As someone who is a confidant cook, I got the mistral purely to save time. I did a risotto which was good, but not amazing. I have since tried a zabaglioni and a vanilla custard and neither thickened up at all!!! I had to pour both batches down the sink. As I went off Thermomix recipes, I extended cooking time etc but it’s just not working. Does anyone have any ideas? Unfortunately, I think I’m going to have to return it.

Also when I have the butterfly attachment in, I can sometimes adjust the speed to a 4, but the book says it only goes up to a 3. Not to mention, occasionally the temp knob doesn’t work.

I was really hoping this machine would be everything I’d imagined.

Purchased in September 2019.

Pearl lee

Pearl leeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Speedy Time Saver Machine!!!!! Clean and tidy kitchen benchtop.

My kitchen benchtop has never been so clean ever before!!!
It chops, it stews and it steams. And only paid 10% of what you would have paid for an actual Thermomix.
It does make a lot of loud noise when chopping, but which food processor doesn't do that. So I guess it is normal. I particularly like the suction footing. It helps the machine hold on to the benchtop tightly and doesn't move a lot.
Did my rice and curry as the first meal. Works fantastic. Can't wait to try various style of Indian curry dishes (all in the same pot).
I am looking forward to making ice cream for this hot hot summer.
Cleaning was so easy, pull some water and detergent in, and let it spin for a minutes, self clean, less scraping and washing up to do.

N.T.NSouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Great for baking and stews. Found it needed extra time for chopping onion and also the machine shook and rattled a little more than expected. Took 45min for rice to cook rather than 15min in my usual rice cooker. Followed mistrals’s Risotto recipe and it turned out gluggy. With some manual adjustments to time and heat I’m sure it will work a treat. The blade is easy to detach and bowl easy to clean. Not exactly smooth sailing but all in all good value for money

Annadingdong

AnnadingdongPerth, WA

Love it

First recipe - Pumpkin and bacon risotto was not good - very gluggy. But last night I made Honey Mustard Chicken (Yum!), Individual Banana cakes with cream cheese icing (Fantastic) and individual Impossible Cheese and Bacon quiches (also fantastic). Can't wait to try more things, its just so easy and only the jug to wash up!

Latoya C.

Latoya C.Hunter Region, NSW

love love love

I bought this yesterday, and all day today I have been playing with it, I have made quiche that took me 10 minutes to mix it in total and a total of 40 minutes to cook in the oven.
Also made strawberry vodka daiquiri within 5 minutes and was cold as and tasted amazing.
Love love love

Barbra M.

Barbra M.asked

Why has the Aldi Mistral Thermocooker been discontinued

Penny H.asked

How do I remove the blade in order to clean the bowl ?

N.T.N

on the bottom of the bowl there is a little clip you can slide, slide out ways and it Should do the trick

Kerry A.asked

The instruction booklet says all the stainless steel parts can be put in a dishwasher but the base of the bowl is plastic and has the electric parts so it would need to be separated. But no mention of how to/if you can separate?
The instruction booklet contradicts itself three times about the pulse function and still can’t get it to work...

N.T.N

I don’t think you can. I just remove the blade and hand wash base and bowl. Im thinking what they mean is the base that the bowl sits on should not be submerged in water

Kerry A.

I don’t think I would have bought it if I thought you couldn’t put the bowl in the dishwasher to be honest!

Kring F.
Kring F.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

CategoryAll-In-One Kitchen Appliances