ALDI Portable Hotplates

3.6

contiguous1

contiguous1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent uses up to 1800 Watts on full power.

We use it at home and when camping. Works well and can cook with Neoflam or Aldi cast cookware. Pretty good temp control unless you want a really low simmer. Usually by selecting hotpot you get slightly less heat than other ‘pan’ ‘fry’ etc settings.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for A$45.00.

Hi there

Hi thereHunter Region, NSW

Cockroaches got in destroyed the electronics

Cockroaches got in destroyed the electronics. Tripped the breaker and stopped working. It worked well while it was working. Cast iron pans don't distribute the heat evenly. Special aluminium pans do better. Normal aluminium doesn't work.

Hairbear

HairbearSouth East Queensland, QLD

Induction cook top

Looks good and works fine. You need to purchase the correct stainless steel pots etc but overall the unit is a good buy! Longevity unknown but has 3 year warranty!

Purchased in January 2020 for A$99.00.

Samantha W.

Samantha W.Tasmania

Chef's worthy equipment

Im a chef and I have my own cafe. This cooktop allows me to cook the poached eggs to perfection! Easy to use temperature control, allows to manage the right amount of heat for each preparation.

Purchased in February 2018 at IKEA NSW, Marsden Park for A$45.00.

warm milk, scalding HOT

jug of milk on the lowest setting, it boiled over. I thought an appliance with a baby bottle setting would not raise the temperature, more then say 35 degrees but no 100+degrees Celsius seams like the go...

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$60.00.

Linda W.

Linda W.Illawarra, NSW

Aldi should have know better

1st time use the hot plate loved it. After that wouldn’t turn down or up.Can’t get the timer and preset working. I thought it’s might be fingerprinted on it.So gave it a good clean. Still not working. Turns on but when you press a button you can’t turn it up or down. So back to the shop it go’s.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$49.99.

Love love love

Love that it is so easy to use and so easy to keep clean. It is fantastic to take along to campsites as long as there is electricity. Really the only cook source that you need. That you Aldi's. Only problem is that I wish I had bought 3 more. One for each grand child.

Purchased in November 2018 at Plant City Aldi's for A$39.99.

Bob J

Bob JLeigh on Sea

Excellent product

Date PurchasedNov 2018
blinkybill

blinkybill

OK if all you need to do is boil water. Very easy to burn things.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Cate8Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unusable at lower temps - its going back.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Short Circuit

Started off amazing,.. that lasted 6 months of being used perhaps once or twice a fortnight, then all of a sudden starts making a smell and short circuited the whole apartment. I’ll be cautious of anything electrical Aldi sells now as a lack of quality control is the price you pay for an appealing sale price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
nazeer

nazeerbrisbane

Handy To Have

Easy to use. Supplement to the main electric oven.
Comes with a 3yrs warranty.
It has glass top. Easy to clean.
Menu has default "Warm milk, soup, stir fry, fry, hot pot and a variable power setting.
Additional has cooking time function.
Preset time for delay cooking except for hotpot, fry and stir fry.
Very quick cooking thus saving on energy bills.
Happy with purchase.

Tony

TonyChicago

Has it's limitations

Date PurchasedAug 2017

My hubby bought this last year for his project but it was too small, so I ended up with it, all I can say, it is wonderful! I love this little cook top, is perfect for all my kitchen needs, I just wished that he had bought two of them. The price was also very good at 39.99 you can't go wrong. I wonder if Aldi will have more in stock soon.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Kaz

KazSydney, NSW

Noisy and cannot control heat settings.

At first I thought this unit was good value with a 3 year warranty but was surprised by the noise given off by the fan during use, and also I have since discovered that induction gives off radiation. That is why I always had headaches when standing near it. When trying to fry simple things like eggs, I found they would nearly burn on the bottom and the yolks would still be runny. Even on the lowest setting, the heat was still too high. I am glad that Aldi give a 60 day return on their products as this one was returned.

Mick.

Mick.Melbourne

Great

I'm renting and the cooktops that we have are very old and take forever to heat up and cool down and costs a lot in power. The wife does a lot of cooking on the BBQ side plate, but during winter it's not a joy. Bought 2 of these and absolutely love them. Easy to use and clean and cheap to use. Had to buy some more pot, but, worth it. $50 and 3 years warranty worth every single cent.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
LittleGirlBlue

LittleGirlBlueVIC, 3089

Fantastic!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
S Tam

S TamSydney, NSW

Control not as advertised.

GreyGuru

GreyGuru

Value for money

njwood60AU

I've had one of these for over a year now and use it every day as my main stove top. I'm very happy with how well it works. It heats up quickly and is easy to clean. The only problem I had with it is that the numbers wore off the dials so you couldn't tell what temperature you were on. I contacted Aldi and they were brilliant about sorting it out. I expect their latest product (on sale 11 November 2015) would have this fault corrected.

njwood60

I just noticed that the heading for this product is wrong - it is Aldi Lumina brand not Lumia