See the Best Food Sealers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worth looking for a name brand

This started well, sure the option of cutting your own bag size is an advantage. Length of fully operation time is less than the year warranty given. Though in the beginning was functioning well, though noisy, it now only seals. The vacuum aspect of machine stopped working. It goes through the process of vacuuming but after 20 seconds of non completion - well there is something wrong with the machine. Did I get a faulty product maybe. Unfortunately replacing this item from Aldi definitely won’t be on my shopping list again. Will be looking for a brand name that I am comfortable with.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for $79.95.

would not vacuum and seal only one or the other

I purchased one of these on the weekend, I could create a seal when making a new bag, but when you use the vacuum and seal function it vacuum then lets the air back in and doesn't seal - taken it back would rather invest in a better one.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for $79.00.

Was good while it worked.

I bought this because we often fill the freezer with a whole sheep etc. It worked great for the first one and then died. Wouldn't suck the air out. Not very helpful when you have 14kg of steak to bag up!

Purchased in April 2019 for $49.00.

Would have given 5 stars except for the fact that there is no mention in the manual that you must close the lid quite forcibly to get it to lock. I almost returned it to Aldi thinking it was faulty cause it wasn't heating up. It looked to be locked but wasn't. You really have to apply strong pressure at the corners when you close the lid. Once that was sorted it worked extremely well. The vacuum seal was very strong. They recommend to use the gentle setting for delicate foods and I would head that warning.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for $70.00.

Should have bought one ages ago

This review might not be super helpful as I only recently bought my Ambiano vacuum food sealer.
I love this gadget. I can't believe it took me so long to buy one. It is super easy to operate and is quick.
I find the plastic rolls are better as there is less wastage compared to the precut bags that you can buy.
The quality of the plastic is amazing. I keep looking for things to vac pack!
I love the seal only function and I love how you can control how much air is taken out before sealing.

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi for $59.00.

It worked for about 5 weeks and now vacuums but won't seal.

I bought it mid December and it worked fine. Then it wouldn't seal after vacuuming and if I sealed it - there was air in the bag. I don't know who to contact for my problem.

Purchased in December 2018 at ALDI for $49.99.

Use it every day without fail.

Used to have a very expensive vacuum packer purchased at caravan show. It was extremely tempremental and very frustrating. Bought my Ambiano about 2 years ago and very soon gave the other away as my new one was better and easier to use. Am now waiting to get a second one as I can’t do without it when we go
Outback. Increases the life of food I just LOVE it. Also I pack many things in cheap freezer bags before putting in the more expensive vacuum bags then remove while frozen. This means I get many uses from the vacuum bags. Could not go without it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Can’t live without this item now; makes meal prep so much easier!

I bought this to enable me to precook meals and seal safely for the freezer for my family as I work night shift and can also be away for clinical placements. It’s made a huge difference to the way I prepare. I use my slow cooker for many things to slow me to bulk produce, then cool the contents and bag with this! Love it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Vacuum Sealer 'foam' split = no suck and seal

I was happy when I first used the product but after a while it stopped working. I investigated and found out why. This product is only 5 months old and the seal around the vacuum part has just come away from the lid. This means that it sucks the air out but can't seal. So when I hit the seal button, air comes back in, which defeats the point. Bad build.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer

I live an hour from any shops. I now can buy more perishables which I make into meal sizes; they freeze flat on a tray which I later remove and stack the food so it takes up less room in my freezer. Freezer burn is eliminated and my home grown vegetables are a breeze to freeze. Absolutely brilliant, love, love, love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Very good product for the portion of price of its competitors

I have been regularly using Lumina food sealer for already half a year and am very satisfied with its performance and quality. In distinction from its expensive competitors it is much smaller and takes much less storage space while doing exactly the same job. It is a great device helping to save various types of food for longer time.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Perfect!

An absolutely great product. Handy for vacuum sealing food for freezing. Has 2 different options for moist products and dry products which is really fantastic. It also has a bottle sealing tube. We use it all the time to portion our meat for freezing. We love the Ambiano vacuum sealer.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

I bought my first one in 2014. I liked is so much I bought another one in July, 2017. I will use the

This machine does everything it is supposed to do. When I vacuum seal foods it really prolongs the life of the food. It is easy to operate. The machine has a setting for 'wet' food, this helps prevent sucking liquid to the top of the bag. It also has a gentle setting that may help prevent squashing delicate items; although you in the middle of vacuuming you can push the seal only button and it will stop vacuuming and start sealing.
After seeing and using mine my daughter and son have also bought one.
Prior to my Aldi machine, I had a Sunbeam. I liked it, but it didn't work any better than my Aldi machine and it cost a lot more.
I stock up on the rolls of bags when ever Aldi is featuring the machine, but if I run out I buy food saver bags at Costco. More expensive but they work in the Aldi machine.
Very Pleased
I have put a more thorough post and video on the Aldi Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer at http://grandpacancook.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/vacuum-sealer-grandpa-unboxes-and-demos.html

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love my new toy

Wanted to get one of these things for ages. Missed it the first time it was around but made sure this time. I have had no experience with vacuum sealers in the past but I wish I'd got one sooner. This product is faultless. It's so easy and convenient to use and has completely eliminated the freezer burn I have been putting up with for years. As I said, I love my new toy. What a great small investment. Awesome.

November 6th 2017 Update: still going strong

Follow up on my Ambiano vacuum food sealer. I bought this in February and it's still going strong and doing a great job keeping my "freezer food" totally frost and freezer burn free. Can't be more happy with my " not so new toy". I pack any food I purchase as soon as get home from shopping, it takes less than 1/2 hour depending on how much I buy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Excellent, but you have to take it slowly

We bought the new sealer after years with our Sunbeam model. the Ambiano is automatic with the locks holding the lid shut while the process takes place. There is a dry/moist food setting as well as a "seal" feature for making bags from rolls. The sealer aperture is almost the full width of the unit and the vacuum opening only slightly narrower.

The auto vac/seal feature is a bit slow but does a good job. You have to slow down if the heating element get too hot or it will seal the bag without all the air being removed. Just wait for 20 seconds and you're ready to go. So far so good. The unit seems well made and comes with Aldi's warranty backing. Costing around $70, it is cheaper than the name-brand options with no real difference in quality. It also has a hose connection for sealing wine bottle and canisters with such a facility.

I like it a lot.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Brilliant

I purchased the Aldi Lumina food sealer back in 06/2013 and i love it, gets used a lot and has never failed me. One thing to beware of is buying cheap rolls, i got some off ebay(the cheapest ones) and they were terrible, i had to use the seal function sometimes upto 3 times to get a good seal. When Aldi stock the rolls i bulk buy as they are better quality, i also purchased rolls from Supercheap auto of all places and they were good quality too.

GREAT KITCHEN ACCESSORY FOR SERIOUS COOKING

I love our vacuum food sealer. Has assisted heaps with food and storage from stews to pizzas. It's sad some buyers have not had the same experience. I need to buy more rolls! Where can I get them? If the product is discontinued please advise on a different brand that works. Eager for tips!

An update: Aldi has food sealers and bags in store now. They have changed brands but identical in functionality.

Super Happy

I purchased my food sealer earlier this year and it's the all white version. I bought a spare set of rolls seeing as Aldi doesn't seem to permanently stock accessories for all the electronic devices they sell. I just keep my eye out on the app to see when the sale comes around again and purchase more rolls at that time. But I see this item has been discontinued so I may have to source stock from other brands.
I'm really happy with this device. It cost me $60 and it does everything is says it does. I was so sick of using freezer bags and tupperware to store my food in to freeze, only to find it iced up and with freezer burn when I wanted to defrost it.
It has a gentle and regular setting and also a moist and dry, so you can control the amount of vacuum that occurs.
As a person who buys meat in bulk and occasionally cooks large portions to freeze into individual serves for convenience, I love how it preserves my food to a higher quality and saves space in my freezer - allowing more room for ice cream and the good stuff.
The only down side I have found is when you're prepping to freeze multiple portions. It does tend to overheat with all the multiple sealing of edges and then with the final vacuum. But a bit of patience (everyone needs to calm down a bit and take a breather), the end result is worth the pausing for 20 seconds to let the sealer cool a bit.

Just an update on this product... Unfortunately the honeymoon is over with the food sealer. The vacuum power has significantly subsided & it doesn't provide an air tight finished product like it did when newly purchased. But still I suppose it's better than squeezing the air out yourself & using a freezer bag.

great AND seals ordinary freezer bags

I purchased one. I'm very impressed. It even seals ordinary freezer bags. It doesn't vaccuum them, but it does seal them! Mine was purchased in june 2015 and is white I colour (different colour from the one shown here. I'm wanting to buy more bags and am hoping aldi sell them

Complete rubbish - be warned

I bought a Lumina food sealer because a friend highly recommended it. Cost me $100 and completely failed after only 8 uses - sat there grinding away but not vacuuming out any air. So I had to shell out more $$ for a Sunbeam, which has not given any trouble at all in well over a year. Fortunately it accepted the Lumina rolls so at least they weren't wasted.

Why won't our machine work with other brand vacuum bags. It vacuums ok but then doesn't keep the seal.

Can I get replacement gaskets for my Ambiano vacuum sealer?
I don't know for sure but I very much doubt it seeing it's an Aldi dedicated appliance and part of why they offer them at such a cheap price I would assume. So can't really help you Dave, sorry.

when are you going to have the rolls and bags on sale because the food sealer does not work to well with out them
I have no idea Terry you will need to talk to Aldi about that one, I'm just a user. :)My Ambiano Vacuum food sealer is not very good. It doesn't always vacuum or it will vacuum and when I seal the air is back in the bag. I'm very disappointed with it and would not recommend this product to anyone. I'm probably going to give it away soon because I needed it last night, and all my food didn't get sealed.I had the same problem, but fortunately managed to remedy it effectively by carefully removing the foam gaskets, rinsing under warm water, applying a *tiny* bit of liquid hand soap (in case grease was involved), rinsing, drip drying, then reinstalling. After this, the unit would hold vacuum firmly and proceed on to sealing.

ALDI Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer with Inbuilt Roll Holder (Jul 2019)ALDI Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (Feb 2016, Feb 2017, Feb 2018, Feb 2019)ALDI Ambiano Multifunction Vacuum Food Sealer (Jun 2016, Jun 2017)ALDI Vacuum Food Sealer (May 2010)ALDI Vacuum Food Sealer (Feb 2012, Jun 2012)ALDI Vacuum Food Sealer (Jan 2014, Jun 2014)ALDI Lumina Vacuum Food Sealer (Jan 2015)ALDI Kuchef Vacuum Food Sealer (Jun 2015)ALDI Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer with Inbuilt Roll Storage Chamber (Jun 2018)
CategoryFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood SealersFood Sealers
Price (RRP) $79.99$59.99$79.99$99.00$69.00$69.99$69.99$69.99$79.99
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Release dateJul 2019May 2010Jun 2016May 2010Feb 2012Jan 2014Jan 2015Jun 2015Jun 2018
Discontinuation dateAug 2019Mar 2019Jun 2017Jun 2010Jul 2012Jul 2014Feb 2015Jul 2015Jul 2018