3.1

J.M

J.MSydney, NSW

Aldi sealer a waste of time......

Worked ok first few months but started failing after few months. Sucked out air but then lets it back in. After few years i got it out of cupboard to give it a second chance. Waste of time on moist food. Threw out.

Don't bother

Most of the time it didn't have suction. If it did have suction, it might not be enough. Sealed great though. There was just no rhyme or reason to get it to vacuum correctly. Too frustrating. Wasted my money. Threw it away and bought a different brand. Wish me luck. lol

Purchased at ALDI for A$59.00.

kabwemichael

kabwemichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good to start with but inadequate quality.

Bought this several months ago and have used several rolls of the bag plastic in this time. Worked well to start with, then the odd malfunctions started with the sealing function. After a total failure one day, I made a thorough examination of the sealing gasket and found that it was in fact two gaskets split all the way round and pressed together with little to hold them in place. No reason to make it this way, can only lead to early failure. Tried a superglue repair but only partially successful, so it is destined for the bin.
I am guessing that they have had sealing problems in the past and decided to double up on the seal as a cheap cure rather than making a new deeper seal.

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI for A$80.00.

Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect when the correct bags are used! (Dotted/textured bags)

So we bought the previous model (VFS-HK) and the vacuum didn’t work. We took it back and got the latest model with bags included. Turns out the issue was the bags we were using, not a faulty machine.

Purchased in April 2020 at ALDI for A$39.00.

Nola C.

Nola C.Queensland

Love love love this item

I use this product nearly every day, I find it works really well and no more food wastage.
the first time I used it I didn't think it worked well but I didn't have the bag in the right position

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$69.00.

Kel3012

Kel3012Perth, WA

Rubbish.... Don’t bother buying

Purchased from ALDI March 2020. Worked a few times at first on dry food setting. Once I switched over to moist setting it then stopped working. It tried but just kept failing and then the bag would get stuck to the heat rail at the top. Wasted heaps of bags due to all its errors as well.

Purchased in March 2020 at ALDI for A$49.00.

Lizzy B

Lizzy BVictoria

I could suck harder than this

Having used another brand vacuum sealer for more than 5 years I bought this for a friend. I couldn’t understand why she wasn’t happy with it until I tried it myself thinking that maybe she was using it incorrectly. What a piece of rubbish. Sealed but no suction. Took it back and got a refund no questions asked.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$39.99.

Awful : After one use it stopped vacuuming

I purchased the Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer shortly before Xmas 2019.
I used it once shortly after purchasing it and it was great, however I have now tried to use it for the second time and it no longer vacuums. The machine does still seal though.
It has been carefully stored away in the box as per the manufacturers instructions.
Pretty disappointing.

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI.

Alexey

Alexey

This sealer is a joke

Purchased in November 2019 at ALDI for A$39.99.

Vicki Hunter

Vicki HunterPerth, WA

I use every week and cant do without it now.

I absolutely love my Ambiano vacuum food sealer and I use it without fail every few days. My only issue is the availability of the plastic to make the bags instore. I tried to buy in bulk but they never have enough or they dont have them at all. I am about to try to order online.

Purchased in July 2018 at ALDI.

Around_Here

Around_HereAU

Sucks and Seals. Does a good job

Overall I am very happy with the product. The bags for the sealer are available in pre-made sizes or an open ended roll allowing you to make your own size bag - length wise. Interestingly I find I am using the 'self sized' bags more often than the pre-made.

The only couple of detractors for mine is that 1. it could, on occasion suck a bit more air out where there might be an air pocket trapped, and, 2. very rarely, I have found a small leak where the bag has not completely sealed although it might look fine visually.

I am pleased that Aldi seem to stock replacement bags fairly frequently and I do hope they continue to do so. My machine is probably going on to a year old now and thankfully no issues have surfaced on my unit.

Purchased in August 2018.

Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth looking for a name brand

This started well, sure the option of cutting your own bag size is an advantage. Length of fully operation time is less than the year warranty given. Though in the beginning was functioning well, though noisy, it now only seals. The vacuum aspect of machine stopped working. It goes through the process of vacuuming but after 20 seconds of non completion - well there is something wrong with the machine. Did I get a faulty product maybe. Unfortunately replacing this item from Aldi definitely won’t be on my shopping list again. Will be looking for a brand name that I am comfortable with.

Purchased in June 2019 at ALDI for A$79.95.

would not vacuum and seal only one or the other

I purchased one of these on the weekend, I could create a seal when making a new bag, but when you use the vacuum and seal function it vacuum then lets the air back in and doesn't seal - taken it back would rather invest in a better one.

Purchased in July 2019 at ALDI for A$79.00.

Elizabeth M.

Elizabeth M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was good while it worked.

I bought this because we often fill the freezer with a whole sheep etc. It worked great for the first one and then died. Wouldn't suck the air out. Not very helpful when you have 14kg of steak to bag up!

Purchased in April 2019 for A$49.00.

Louise

Louisensw

Would have given 5 stars except for the fact that there is no mention in the manual that you must close the lid quite forcibly to get it to lock. I almost returned it to Aldi thinking it was faulty cause it wasn't heating up. It looked to be locked but wasn't. You really have to apply strong pressure at the corners when you close the lid. Once that was sorted it worked extremely well. The vacuum seal was very strong. They recommend to use the gentle setting for delicate foods and I would head that warning.

Purchased in February 2019 at ALDI for A$70.00.

Charmaine

CharmaineSydney, NSW

Should have bought one ages ago

This review might not be super helpful as I only recently bought my Ambiano vacuum food sealer.
I love this gadget. I can't believe it took me so long to buy one. It is super easy to operate and is quick.
I find the plastic rolls are better as there is less wastage compared to the precut bags that you can buy.
The quality of the plastic is amazing. I keep looking for things to vac pack!
I love the seal only function and I love how you can control how much air is taken out before sealing.

Purchased in March 2019 at Aldi for A$59.00.

Chrissi

ChrissiWarrnambool

Use it every day without fail.

Used to have a very expensive vacuum packer purchased at caravan show. It was extremely tempremental and very frustrating. Bought my Ambiano about 2 years ago and very soon gave the other away as my new one was better and easier to use. Am now waiting to get a second one as I can’t do without it when we go
Outback. Increases the life of food I just LOVE it. Also I pack many things in cheap freezer bags before putting in the more expensive vacuum bags then remove while frozen. This means I get many uses from the vacuum bags. Could not go without it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Nicole P

Nicole P

Can’t live without this item now; makes meal prep so much easier!

I bought this to enable me to precook meals and seal safely for the freezer for my family as I work night shift and can also be away for clinical placements. It’s made a huge difference to the way I prepare. I use my slow cooker for many things to slow me to bulk produce, then cool the contents and bag with this! Love it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Greg R

Greg RWollongong

Vacuum Sealer 'foam' split = no suck and seal

I was happy when I first used the product but after a while it stopped working. I investigated and found out why. This product is only 5 months old and the seal around the vacuum part has just come away from the lid. This means that it sucks the air out but can't seal. So when I hit the seal button, air comes back in, which defeats the point. Bad build.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
max

maxCAPERTEE

Ambiano Vacuum Food Sealer

I live an hour from any shops. I now can buy more perishables which I make into meal sizes; they freeze flat on a tray which I later remove and stack the food so it takes up less room in my freezer. Freezer burn is eliminated and my home grown vegetables are a breeze to freeze. Absolutely brilliant, love, love, love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018