Allianz Landlord Insurance

Allianz Landlord Insurance

2.3

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (2), 2-4 weeks (1), 1-2 weeks (1) and 1-2 months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (3)
storm2point0

storm2point0Sydney, NSW

$250 COVID fees

With an increase of $250 due to COVID and being told if I look around I won’t be able to find anyone that offers rental protection against loss of rent again due to COVID. So I definitely have been trapped. I have never made a claim and yet I’m still getting hit with this increase and have lost the ability to shop around. It is very frustrating

Pam

PamPerth, WA

Increased premium

I am dIsappointed with my premium increase, given that I had rent default cover prior to COVID. If there was to be any premium increase it should have applied only to new LLI policy holders.

John M.

John M.Southern and Hills, SA

No claims so hard to compare

No trouble setting up and getting premium deducted from bank account. When the renewal notice arrived I did query the 40% increase during the Covid rent freeze but have not had a response. Did some checking but there appear to be very few alternatives. Landlord Insurance is a condition of renting out a property so I go with it.

Alex

Alex

More than 3 weeks to get a quote for repair

Been a good paying customer for 4 years never had a claim.
Tenants moved out to Jail and left place with a bit of damage. Clean up not covered. Damage done is partially covered, but its been 3 weeks since claim lodged and still no quote for repair, not sure how long it will take them to repair. And rental standing empty so every day we loosing money.
When i call they very polite and happy to help but each time during conversation phone hangs up. and next consultant will be very sorry about it.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

still awaiting for the New quoted invoice for Monthly payment of $ 96.54, have now sent 2 email requesting this.

happy with most areas as have been with Allianz for 22 years and only 3 claims in that period and asked them for a better deal with no luck, will review my other 3 policies in future with other Insurance companies

gwc

gwcCanberra

40% increase in premium !

I just got my renewal notice from Allainz, as it includes rent default and damage by tenants, they bumped up the premium by 40% to $500+ per year

If I get a new policy without rent default (due to embargo), it comes down to $200.

Go figure as this is a pure money grab by Allianz to take advantage of the situation we are all in for COVID-19.

Not sure if its worth renewing but might have to as other insurers are NOT offering rent default, theft by tenants or closed their books.

S. Sharma

S. Sharma

Excellent experience

Excellent experience. Good Value No claim lodged. It was just to renew the policy for next year. We are very happy with this policy and good value for it. Thanks

Claim MadeNo

Somewhat disappointed with excess and premium increase

In the event of tenant rental default in relation to CoVid-19 loss of job I have been advised by my property manager that most other L/L insurers do not have an excess for rental default..but Allianz do. (Fortunately our tenants are secure but that is not the point)
ALSO as a consequence I sought to get alternative quotes due to premium increase ( I have never made a claim) and found an embargo on new business.
I feel deprived of choice despite certain policy aspects suggesting I should shop around

Nell6743

Nell6743Central West, NSW

very disappointing

rented out our home to a company late March through a reputable real estate, of course Co Vid struck and there was an embargo on new policies could not change our home & contents to landlord insurance. Tried again now late May as policy has just "renewed" to find that because we have more than 3 unrelated workers in the house they will not allow us a landlord policy! stop taking my money if you won't insure my house. No resolution when I called the company, Mohammed suggested I try an online comparison site to find my insurance...All our insurance is with Allianz- NO longer!

Annual premium big hike

Time to renew policy, no changes from last year, no claims made: premium last year $285, this year $435. Cannot change insurers, no other insurers will accept new policies; coronavirus-related?

Spotty

Spotty

good insurance but could do a lot better

Disappointed that due to covid 19 I could not adjust my insurance and get an alternate quote
I understand that it is in a difficult time but I find it very strange that adjustments and alternate quotes can't be arranged
I did ring many many, many times but could not get anyone to answer the phone

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The rating is a perfect description

Allianz sent me as chaser for the renewal which was great however I wanted to change the terms and I have hearing impaired. Consequently sent an email last Wednesday week requesting contact but no reply, then sent a chaser no reply. These emails were sent to Allianz customer service address. As the policy was expiring I renewed policy on the terms presented. I still have not had a reply to my emails.

Josh

JoshPerth, WA

Have raised insurance premium by over 25%

I just received my renewal for landlords insurance and it has gone up by more than 25% it is an extra $270 per year. When I called to find out why it has gone up so much I could not get an answer as they are working from home. To make matters worse I have called other landlords insurance providers and none are offering rent default etc. due to the current environment. So in short there’s nothing you can do except accept a $270 increase in insurance without explanation.

Errors on Policy details

All went well until I tried to ring you to change my name which is mucked up. You cannot get through to 131-000. Ring backs get cut off (three times) - timed out. Please ring me to correct errors

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEWARE - No Allianz insurance on weekends!

Horrified

HorrifiedRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wasted $5000 premiums

Tenants left the house unlivable. Cost of repairs, cleaning, etc. close to $8000. Absolutely "nothing covered". The assessor said the place was in "disgusting condition". Claim quickly resolved: zilch. Better to self-insure, with regular weekly payments of 10% of rent paid into a dedicated account. This would have paid for $5000 over the 3 years. Incidentally, the quarterly "inspections" by the agent "didn't notice any problems".

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo
SKD

SKDPerth, WA

Terrible Product Disclosure Statement

Allianz PDS does not provide detail of what is insured when you put a claim. The insurance covers the event, however limited by cause. Ready the PDS carefully and you would find you are not even insured for the most common cause of damage for residential building such as fire, impact damage etc.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Dwayne S

Dwayne SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Continued support

Renewing my policy was simple thanks to the timely reminder. Coverage is well explained in simple language so I know exactly what I’m covered for. I’m very happy with the service I receive.

Claim MadeNo

They approved two claims, one was for damage by tenant and rental loss, one was just for rental loss

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2017
Diana D.

Diana D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Looking at the competition

We've been happy with Allianz although we haven't used anyone else. We sought cover from Ray White Landlord insurance who I suppose are underwritten by Allianz. The claims process could be more transparent but both our claims were dealt with fairly in a timely manner. Now that our premium has gone up again by about 1/6th we thought we'd look at your reviews but we haven't found anyone we think would be better.