Allianz Landlord Insurance

2.4

S. Sharma

S. Sharma

Excellent experience

Excellent experience. Good Value No claim lodged. It was just to renew the policy for next year. We are very happy with this policy and good value for it. Thanks

Claim MadeNo

Somewhat disappointed with excess and premium increase

In the event of tenant rental default in relation to CoVid-19 loss of job I have been advised by my property manager that most other L/L insurers do not have an excess for rental default..but Allianz do. (Fortunately our tenants are secure but that is not the point)
ALSO as a consequence I sought to get alternative quotes due to premium increase ( I have never made a claim) and found an embargo on new business.
I feel deprived of choice despite certain policy aspects suggesting I should shop around

Nell6743

Nell6743Central West, NSW

very disappointing

rented out our home to a company late March through a reputable real estate, of course Co Vid struck and there was an embargo on new policies could not change our home & contents to landlord insurance. Tried again now late May as policy has just "renewed" to find that because we have more than 3 unrelated workers in the house they will not allow us a landlord policy! stop taking my money if you won't insure my house. No resolution when I called the company, Mohammed suggested I try an online comparison site to find my insurance...All our insurance is with Allianz- NO longer!

Annual premium big hike

Time to renew policy, no changes from last year, no claims made: premium last year $285, this year $435. Cannot change insurers, no other insurers will accept new policies; coronavirus-related?

Spotty

Spotty

good insurance but could do a lot better

Disappointed that due to covid 19 I could not adjust my insurance and get an alternate quote
I understand that it is in a difficult time but I find it very strange that adjustments and alternate quotes can't be arranged
I did ring many many, many times but could not get anyone to answer the phone

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The rating is a perfect description

Allianz sent me as chaser for the renewal which was great however I wanted to change the terms and I have hearing impaired. Consequently sent an email last Wednesday week requesting contact but no reply, then sent a chaser no reply. These emails were sent to Allianz customer service address. As the policy was expiring I renewed policy on the terms presented. I still have not had a reply to my emails.

Josh

JoshPerth, WA

Have raised insurance premium by over 25%

I just received my renewal for landlords insurance and it has gone up by more than 25% it is an extra $270 per year. When I called to find out why it has gone up so much I could not get an answer as they are working from home. To make matters worse I have called other landlords insurance providers and none are offering rent default etc. due to the current environment. So in short there’s nothing you can do except accept a $270 increase in insurance without explanation.

Errors on Policy details

All went well until I tried to ring you to change my name which is mucked up. You cannot get through to 131-000. Ring backs get cut off (three times) - timed out. Please ring me to correct errors

Darren

DarrenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEWARE - No Allianz insurance on weekends!

Horrified

HorrifiedRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Wasted $5000 premiums

Tenants left the house unlivable. Cost of repairs, cleaning, etc. close to $8000. Absolutely "nothing covered". The assessor said the place was in "disgusting condition". Claim quickly resolved: zilch. Better to self-insure, with regular weekly payments of 10% of rent paid into a dedicated account. This would have paid for $5000 over the 3 years. Incidentally, the quarterly "inspections" by the agent "didn't notice any problems".

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
SKD

SKDPerth, WA

Terrible Product Disclosure Statement

Allianz PDS does not provide detail of what is insured when you put a claim. The insurance covers the event, however limited by cause. Ready the PDS carefully and you would find you are not even insured for the most common cause of damage for residential building such as fire, impact damage etc.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMarch 2019
Dwayne S

Dwayne SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Continued support

Renewing my policy was simple thanks to the timely reminder. Coverage is well explained in simple language so I know exactly what I’m covered for. I’m very happy with the service I receive.

Claim MadeNo

They approved two claims, one was for damage by tenant and rental loss, one was just for rental loss

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2017
Claim ApprovedYes
Diana D.

Diana D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Looking at the competition

We've been happy with Allianz although we haven't used anyone else. We sought cover from Ray White Landlord insurance who I suppose are underwritten by Allianz. The claims process could be more transparent but both our claims were dealt with fairly in a timely manner. Now that our premium has gone up again by about 1/6th we thought we'd look at your reviews but we haven't found anyone we think would be better.

Claim ApprovedYes
Jordan

JordanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Alloanz.. What a disgrace.

Had landlords insurance with Allianz for a number of years. Decided to get a quote from AAMI and see what they could do price wise. SMASHED ALLIANZ by a big number. Gave them the option of matching price they declined and I cancelled. Still waiting 3 weeks for them to pay me my remainder of the insurance. Been stuffed around left right and centre. Stay away like the plague..

Wes

Wes

They don’t give you a peace of mind on your investments.

We have been with Allianz for years without claim. When we have to make claim due to storm, they tried to find every way to refuse claim. I genuinely just want to warn people. They don’t give you a peace of mind on your investments.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2018
Laith

LaithSydney, Australia

Allianz will do all in its power to avoid paying out!!!

We had our property insured with Allianz for years with no claims, and when we made a legit claim, they made their best efforts to deny our claim and cancel the policy to avoid paying us out. They hired a team of lawyers to find a way to get out of paying us.
I've never written a bad review before, nevertheless, I genuinely want to warn people of this company. Hopefully, this review would help people avoid falling in the same trap as us.

Insurance claim madeYes