Alvey ROD550

Alvey ROD550

See the Best Fishing in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gary966

Gary966Perth, WA

Alvey lover from way back

Alvey, what can I say ? Simple, reliable and never let me down. I have several Alvey rods and reels
from my baby 45b estuary reel to my stump pulling 650c. Love Alvey.
Have used Alvey for over 40 years and still have my first reel a bakelite model also a rosewood that keeps a special place.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Perfect rod

I have a number of Alvey 500A5 reels for my family that I wanted to get rod for.As I have been fishing with Alvey reels all mylife I was looking for a rod that I could use from low rock walls as well as from a boat. The but of the rod had to be strong yet the tip had to be light. There are not a lot of rods on the market which gave me what I wanted and be suitable for a Alvey reel.Then I found the Alvey 550 which turned out to be perfect for the job.I have caught 1 ilo bream and 2.5 kilo Jew.(NSW).
The length, the strong bottom of thr rod and the tip action and of course the price
Nothing yet with the 5 I bought for thr family 4 years ago.