ANZ Cash Packs

ANZ Cash Packs

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

TimboHervey Bay

Best rate today!

Just did a quick check on the big 4 banks and Travelex for Thai baht and ANZ had the best rate. Will definately order when required. Great to have some cash on you for small things when you first arrive overseas.

RDNsw, 2352

Handy and Useful -Recommend

Going on a recent trip to Thailand bought an ANZ cash pack at a reasonable exchange rate PLUS $5 fee.The amount of money (14000 baht) lasted 10 days as my tour was pre-paid. The only downside were large notes like 1000 baht notes. 7-11 happy to break, but really needs more smaller 20 and 50 baht notes included in the pack for Thailand. Especially if your catching a taxi from airport.

Bob C

Bob CBrisbane

Good Idea & Very Convenient

Awesome idea. A bundle of mixed smaller denomination currency which will save time later when trying to change large notes into smaller ones when landing in a new country. As soon as you arrive, you can buy a coffee, tip the waitress, or purchase a bus ticket without handling them a $100 note. If you are not an ANZ customer, you may have to pay a $5 fee.

PatF

PatFAU

Easy

Simple product that gives you foreign currency quickly - walk into an ANZ branch almost anywhere and you can get a foreign currency cash pack quickly and easily.

Marium Jones

Marium JonesMelbourne

The Good and the Bad about ANZ cash packs

Well it is a great concept to start with! Cash packs! I found it useful when purchasing US Dollars from ANZ bank as it gives me a lot of smaller notes that I require for cabs when I roam around in New York. The bad thing is that you can purchase per pack to an amount less than $500. For each extra cash pack you need to pay a service fee. For the rest I will use my credit card, 28 degrees credit card. Overall a decent idea, but need to increase the cash packs limit.
Various notes
To little for an overseas trip

TMOzDeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

it's okay

Downside is only $450 au worth, if you need more money than that, you will need to buy several packages and each will cost you $5 bux. Not right!, also not available for all customers and needs to be ordered. It can probably help for children going overseas with school, but there are other options around
ok just to start you up, or for very tight budget.
The fee, you need to order, not available on the spot. mmmm

Stefan

StefanMelbourne

What a great idea

I hadn't heard of a cash pack before but love the idea. I bought Euro and GBP cash packs. Nice mix of denominations and notes seemed to be mint. The teller that served me said all ANZ branches stock and that they waive the commission for ANZ customers. Also a nice change to walk out immediately and not have to come back to queue again at the Post Office like I've done previously. Nice and simple.
Easy, mint notes, immediately available, nice packaging
Nothing

Missy83883

Missy83883MELBOURNE

Great mix of notes and was very easy to buy

In the past, I've often gone to small FX dealers that can be found in the CBD to get my cash before travelling overseas, however after one disastrous incident, I decided to find out whether my branch had any US dollars.

I was told that they now sell these Cash Packs which come in a variety of denominations - including US!

I was out of there in minutes, US dollars in hand. Great mix of denominations which got me going as I bought majority of items on my 28Degrees Credit card.

For a small amount roughly $500AUD of cash, Cash Packs are the way to go!
Easy to buy, convenient mix of notes, available at all ANZ branches!
Rate could be better.

Great pack, super convenient

Great idea to have pre-packed foreign cash in an envelope. Didn't really want to come back into the branch to order my cash, so it was a pleasant surprise that the packs were available straight away. The notes and denominations were perfect as well. Makes buying currency stress free - highly recommended.
Convenient, great mix of notes
$5 fee should be waived.

Wow, what a fantastic product - available in every ANZ Branch

Walked into my suburban ANZ branch to order some foreign currency for my upcoming trip and was advised that all ANZ branches now stock pre-packaged foreign cash in USD, GBP & EUR. I bought 4 USD packs and was on my way within a few minutes. What a great idea, the envelopes look fantastic.

Great service, fantastic packaging and very convenient.

Good innitaitive

As per my comment, ANZ have come up with a great offering that is simple and easy to use and makes things a lot less complicated and time consuming with their easy product offering.
Easy of use

NikeDave

NikeDaveAU

Perfect product for the budget concious

The card is perfect for those who have a budget and don't want to spend their time thinking how any exchange movements change how much they have to spend. Card was well accepted in America at both stores and at ATM's and unlike my credit card no 3% conversion fee
inexpensive, good for budgeting
still has atm fees

Allaboard
Allaboard

Superb product and just what I needed when heading abroad. Good to see ANZ offering innovative products to meet their customers needs. Recommended.

Hamish T.asked

We are travelling to South Africa
How does this card stack up in regard to the exchange rate ( SA Rands to Aus $'s.)
Have reviewed both Qantas and Virgin Global wallet - terrible reviews - so looking at alternatives.
Hamish

Timbo

Never got a card from ANZ only used their foreign currency packs which were great for small costs on arrival, eg. taxi etc.
I did use the westpac travel cards which were widely accepted and fees were reasonable if not wanting to withdrawal multiple small amounts.
Enjoy your travel!

RD

This isn’t a card. It’s actual cash in the denomination you opt for and I’m not sure they have Rand. I use Qantas card as a back up but it is terrible for some transactions. I’d suggest a Citibank account with a card. Often free for transactions. I used it easily in Bangkok and there were Citibank teller machines.

Hamish T.

Many thanks for your response.
We were with Citibank for several years but the cost when using this facility when o/s was 3.7% over and above Forex - so compounded it made an expense a lot more than anticipated. Will look elsewhere.
Hamish

reinaldo4

reinaldo4asked

Are ANZ cash packs available in Brazilian Reais?

TMOzDee

Not that I am aware off! You will need to contact the bank directly. Sorry mate!

Julia14

Julia14asked

Was researching what was best formy17 yr old daughter travelling to us on a basketball trip. Can you please explain how these work?
Thankyou

Get an answer from our members and ANZ representatives