ANZ Landlord Insurance

1.6

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (4)
Michael M.

Michael M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

ANZ landlord insurance stay away

My first claim and I have two properties under ANZ landlord insurance, in short the waterproofing failed and it leaked into one of the bedrooms, mould and water damage to less than a year old carpet.
ANZ sent their own assessment person out then months later wanted my own plumbers report, I was given the idea it would be covered under my insurance! Guess what! It was declined due to poor maintenance!!
Bloody hell the waterproofing was 20 years old!
Cancelling my insurance with ANZ including my home loans, ANZ you can thank Melissa McFadden for this, once again stay away from ANZ landlord insurance

MST

MSTPerth, WA

Frustrating claims process but a good outcome.

Easy to register a claim, but needed to chase the claims officer on a number of occasions. Delays were caused by very poor subcontracted builders (assessors) who were slow in writing reports and organising attendance at the property. Next time I will insist upon my choice of builder from the outset which the policy allows for. Overall, a five star rating because ANZ (underwritten by QBE) were prepared to listen to my argument and paid a claim that many insurers may not have. Walked away happy in the end.

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Got an online quote - $100/a less than they are actually charging me

I'm currently paying in excess of $650/a for Landlords Insurance through ANZ so I thought I'd see what they'd quote me if I asked for identical cover as a new customer.
$100/a less!!!
A 15% discount for a new customer all subsidised by ripping off long term customers.
What a complete and utter scam.

Miya

MiyaSydney, NSW

Stay away

Speaking Out

Speaking OutGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stay away, not worth your premium/fee

Disappointed customer

Disappointed customerPerth, WA

Disorganized, unresponsive, no accountability

We had terrible experience with ANZ insurance. Claiming process is incredibly difficult. We've lodge a claim for rent default half a year ago and to this date, there is no progress on it.
We then cancelled all our insurance policy. And guess what, they didn't pro rate the fee. The fee we received as refund is a lot less than expected. Our request for explanation yielded nothing.
Their call centre is useless. No one knows what they're doing. Every week we call for an update and every time no one knows what's happening with our claims. No one wants to be accountable and take ownership.

skitrees

skitreesSydney, NSW

ANZ have changed their excess from $250 to 2 weeks rent. Check your policy

Takes 5 weeks for them to respond to a claim, only to be denied a payment when one is due.
Wrongly assesses claims.
Changes it's policy so that it isn't worth having- if you are earning $1500 in rent- they deduct $3000 effectively as the excess (2 weeks rent)- thats an increase in charges by more than 10 times what was in my contract when I signed up originally.

ANZ refused to renew our policy simply because we made too many claims!

After with them for more than 10 years, ANZ emailed to say they would not renew our policy because we made too many claims. Ridiculous!

Shayne V

Shayne VMelbourne

ANZ (QBE) Home Insurance - think twice

I’ll always insure with ANZ

ANZ insurance were
Efficient and organised, I reversed in my garage door!!!! Rang them that day and got the ball rolling. Received a cheque in the mail to pay garage door business, all good!!!

Insurance claim madeYes

Avoid ANZ / QBE like the plague!

They will use the fine print to get out of everything! Their standard cover includes only useless things like tsunami (property nowhere near the coast!). Then for realistic claims "oh that was accidental damage, you're not covered for that". "Oh we determined those burn marks were caused by charring, not flame, you're not covered for that". Totally dishonest and a waste of your money.

David

DavidGold Coast

Worst experience ever

All emails were "urgent matter"... Once they got all documents, it is not urgent matter any more. After two months still waiting for resolution. Seems to me we will meet in QCAT

Greg M

Greg MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Insurer I have ever dealt with, ANZ should be ashamed of the product they pass onto customers.

FrankC

FrankCCanberra

Landlord insurance with ANZ/QBE - Avoid.

Alyssa

AlyssaBrisbane

Fantastic insurance and everything is covered

I got landlord insurance through ANZ at the start of the year and it has been amazing. Whenever I have a question they are always happy to help me. Would recommend ANZ to everyone.

Insurance claim madeNo

Sush

SushAUST

The worst Landlords insurer is ANZ, and QBE which is the assessor

Claim denied when my tenants damaged my carpets, broke the side gates, shower heads and ANZ rejected claim. The QBE assessor stated it was not malicious damage. My house was 5 years of age at the time. I am now lodging complaint with Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Do your self a favour and at least lodge case with FOS. Hate ANZ for the way they have behaved, and poor service received to date. Just pathetic. i will be changing providers for landlords insurance. Essentially I've paid for 6 years for nil service, and cover. My tenants were evicted, and prevented access to my home, hence discovered damaged carpets. Replaced at my cost.

JCM

JCMMelbourne

Anz Landlord insurance claim

Do yourself a favour and stay CLEAR from this insurance company. It's been 4 monthes and still getting thrown backwards and forwards between disgusting service from the contractors in Australia looking after the claim and the overseas office of the Anz insurance company . Absolutely mentally tiring hearing one thing from one then another from the other that has no clue what's going on.

Bad bad bad

Don't use.
Be warned.
They will use anything to get out of paying you.
Every claim is refused to start with you will have to deal with overseas people to try and claim.

Landlord insurance

Just had a tenant die in our unit.
Bloodgened our carpet & was not found for 6 days very bad odour in unit Notified ANZ/QBE insurance sent assesor out he recommended replacing carpet & curtain & taken photos to prove damage.
Notified will not be covered.
Eight years with no claim.
Disgusted stay away with this insurance company & re looking at changing banks. I even sent email to complain to ANZ email said someone will
contact me in 48 hrs. That was 7 days ago.

Greg