ANZ Travel Card

ANZ Travel Card

See the Best Travel Money Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Saul c.

Saul c.Sydney, NSW

Dont touch it with a barge pole

what a joke. our son went overseas. despite branch saying it was activated it wasnt and turned into a three day excercise to get it activtaed
then only works with paywave and not to withdraw cash at atms . what a waste of time and money

CurrencyAUD

Garry Warfield

Garry WarfieldHunter Region, NSW

No problems with usage.

I used my card in Singapore and Japan. It worked fine in taxis, hotels, corner shops, restaurants, a hospital, bus and train. Didnt need to reload it. No problems at all.

CurrencyJPY and SGD

Mike Escher

Mike EscherGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not use ANZ Travel card...EVER

Allen R.

Allen R.Perth, WA

Not happy contacting 24 hour emergency number

Travelled to italy in August and first use pin declined on both cards even though cards activated
Spent over 3 hours on 10 calls to emergency 24/7 number and no contact
Sent email to emergency email and as of today still no reply
Finally got cards working and no problems
Contacted ANZ when we got home and all charges reimbursed but no answer to how long do you need to wait when ringing emergency number

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Worse travel money card Ive ever used

I am an anz customer. I really think they provide a great service but the travel money card is not very practical or reliable. You can only use one card at once. You cant have 2 working cards off the same money. It takes at least 2 days for your money to clear. Its very hard to control your money/spending. Got told how the card works differently by to different branches. I will never use or recommend this product again. Can you please change it to be like the other Australian banks. Ive never had a problem using their travel money cards. They link to your internet banking. You get 2 cards and no time waiting to transfer money.

Todd R.

Todd R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME!

Used card in UK, was not reliable, and that can be highly embarrresing!!!!
Told me I put in incorrect pin in Spain and locked it. I didn’t! Was too scared to use in Paris! Reload takes forever, I’m not sure why when it’s ANZ to ANZ.
Don’t waste your time! It is seriously time to look elsewhere.

Mike Willis

Mike WillisPerth, WA

Never again

Had my ANZ travel card stolen in Milan in August which had not been used.Requested a replacement card which was declined with no reason given.
Never again. “We’re here to help “ . You have to be kidding
Mike Willis

Time to look elsewhere

I have just reset my password and it still doesn't recognise - "Invalid Card User ID/Current Password."
Whenever I have come to reuse my travel over the past 2 years, I get the above message. I go through process of resetting password with temp pswd emailed to me. I then login and I am forced to reset my pswd. Message says reset successful and asks me lo login with my new pswd. It never recognises my new pswd. I have tried in both Chrome and IE. I clear cache and retry, but same problem. I have only been able to get working after phoning ANZ IT department. Not sure what the problem is.

Unreliable

ANZ travel card used in UK, it worked -most of the time, not usable in all ATMs. Took a long time for reload e.g. transferred funds Friday a.m., didn't get the money till Weds evg. that is 5.5 days without money in a foreign country. And now, going overseas again the travel card website hasn't worked properly for 3 days with Safari and Chrome browsers, but will sometimes/often work with Firefox (haven't tried the Microsoft one). When combined with Australian internet, financial disaster is possible. Be careful, find a better way. ANZ customer service were helpful and patient

Jill Quinn

Jill QuinnSouth East Queensland, QLD

anz travel card won’t work.

After only 1 week using my Anz travel card in Italy, it won’t work. Can you imagine how inconvenient that is! Ridiculous that I have to be inconvenienced like this!

Gabby I.

Gabby I.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

So unreliable!

In Italy at the moment, Sept. 2019, it is Saturday and tried three ATMs all declined my card. I have sufficient euros in the account. Just checked my account and found the last attempt for €500, which was cancelled, was actually deducted from my account. I immediately phoned customer service in Australia to notify them of this incident and was told they would look into it. I asked what I should do now and was told to try some other ATMs for smaller amounts (I did that earlier with no success). Luckily I have a credit card but I will eventually need some cad in euros....no faith in the ANZ travel card.

igs

igsIllawarra, NSW

Don’t Don’t Don’t waste the time.

First card didn’t work, second card took five days to load money. Banked with ANZ for over 30 years. This is a useless product- heard good things about the Qantas card.

CurrencyEUR

Completely outdated travel card..

Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Never get this card it as disgrace.

When I arranged this card via my local ANZ branch they did not verbally disclose that it take 3 ANZ business days to transfer money. However the 3 business days became 5 business day everytime I transferred money. This left me without funds and had to use credit cards for days. The customer service teams on the phone were very unhelpful. Now as funds only appeared on the card as my holiday was finishing I have excess funds on the card. The only way to get those funds back is to go into a branch and close the account. No doubt they will clip the ticket when I turn my Euros back into AUD. Disgraceful.

shoppinround

shoppinround

Worst product ever, left daughter stranded without access to money for a week

Fraser S.

Fraser S.Perth, WA

Very poor product

Wrong name on card, which they have now blocked. Can't help over phone, told will take days to change name or much longer to refund money, shouldn't be this difficult in this day and age

SeriouslyDissapointed

SeriouslyDissapointedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst travel card I have had

The ANZ card is one of the worst I have had! To get the card, you need to load $250 onto it straight away. Then to add more money onto it is slow and it takes 4-5 days for money to appear on the card, which you can only pay via BPay. There is only 1 center in melbourne where you can walk in and load money - which is in the CBD, not at the airport! I kept getting conflicting information about the card and the time it takes to load money onto it by ANZ staff. I will be cancelling and going back to my trusted TravelEx card.

Grace B.

Grace B.South East Queensland, QLD

Can I give 2 1/2?

This is the second time Ive used this card while traveling in the USA. The first time it worked fine. Didn’t really notice any problems. But then I wasn this booking any hotels or anything. When I got a card for this trip I asked if I could use for online purchases. The answer I was given was Yes. But when I tried to book hotels they were cancelled because the payment didn’t go through. So if you are going to use this card make sure you have another back up card.

Peta