ANZ Travel Card

See the Best Travel Money in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst product ever, left daughter stranded without access to money for a week

Experience with this card was dodgy from the start, branch advised it had to be activated call centre said it already had been, took several calls to sort that out and get it activated. But the main issue was the delay in getting funds into the account, only option is Bpay - told this takes 3 days, but this is business days even if transferred from another ANZ account so if you transfer on a Friday don't expect it to arrive before the next Wednesday at the very earliest. So far have been waiting 11 days and still no funds, have made a second transfer and that hasn't arrived and it is day three. Seems to me in this day and age, having the only option that takes this long is really unacceptable on a product like this. Seriously ANZ get better at this, a travel card needs to be able to cater for travelers - and that means that sometimes they need money quickly. Never again.

Very poor product

Wrong name on card, which they have now blocked. Can't help over phone, told will take days to change name or much longer to refund money, shouldn't be this difficult in this day and age

CurrencyUSD

Worst travel card I have had

The ANZ card is one of the worst I have had! To get the card, you need to load $250 onto it straight away. Then to add more money onto it is slow and it takes 4-5 days for money to appear on the card, which you can only pay via BPay. There is only 1 center in melbourne where you can walk in and load money - which is in the CBD, not at the airport! I kept getting conflicting information about the card and the time it takes to load money onto it by ANZ staff. I will be cancelling and going back to my trusted TravelEx card.

Can I give 2 1/2?

This is the second time Ive used this card while traveling in the USA. The first time it worked fine. Didn’t really notice any problems. But then I wasn this booking any hotels or anything. When I got a card for this trip I asked if I could use for online purchases. The answer I was given was Yes. But when I tried to book hotels they were cancelled because the payment didn’t go through. So if you are going to use this card make sure you have another back up card.

I'm being generous in giving it 1 star

20yr old son was heading overseas on his first trip. Took out an ANZ Travel Card. It never worked. Both pin numbers he received by mail did not work, even when he swapped around the pins. Called the ANZ helpline (from o'seas via Mobile) and it answered but went straight to recorded music. Waited for over 30 mins and didn't get to speak with a soul, and we paid for that. When I tried to follow up in Perth ANZ suggested he go to the nearest Embassy to make a phone call from a landline to Sydney. He was nowhere near an Embassy. I went into our Branch and they could see he had been trying to access his money and they said "He's using the wrong pin numbers, just keep trying". He couldn't even change the pin numbers online because they didn't match the cards. 18 days with no access to his own $. No money, not funny! He came back, we went back to the Branch and proved to them they didn't work. They cut the cards in half and stated the obvious, "You're right, they don't work!" They transferred the money back to his account, but at that day's exchange rate, so lost $ off his original deposit. For the record, THREE ANZ staff over that period told us not to use ANZ Travel Cards again. No money, not funny! Don't worry, we won't.

Terrible Travel Card

I got this card for my daughter's recent overseas school trip. They told us it was easy to reload - it was not until we were away that we realised it takes 3 business days to reload - so when she needed money on a Friday, could not get money until following Wednesday despite transferring money from an ANZ account and despite it showing as debiting the card immediately. She couldn't get access to her card so had to try and change login details. This still didn't work. Her usual ANZ debit card that she was using for shopping was then blocked and it took 5 phone calls over 2 days to get it unblocked. We spent probably the entire 2 weeks in phone calls and texts with her trying to get her cards working. Very distressing for her and frustrating for us. When she tried to call overseas contact number was left holding for 20 minutes at a time or hung up on. Was a complete disaster. Her's was the only bank travel card that you could not instantly reload amongst her friends.

CurrencyEUR and USD

Poor customer service.

We attempted 4 times to login online to obtain an ANZ Travel card but it wouldn't accept our payment for some reason. But the end result is 4 x $246.75 were deducted from our credit card and we are trying to get our money back - nearly $1000 !!!!! It has been 2 months and we still haven't received a call back. We ring every day and have to go through the same story every time. They simply don't care enough to fix it. The ANZ travel card which we ended up getting through the branch worked fine when we were away, but the whole issue ever since of trying to get out money back has DEFINITELY TURNED us off ever using ANZ Travel cards again. And we are ANZ customers too, but it just shows they simply DO NOT CARE.

Worst travel card

Do not get this card.
Can you believe 3 whole Australian business days for bpay to filter through to your card. That left me stranded without money.
Your anz bank account is not linked!
It was also blocked on arrival.
Their help phone number mechine answers then leaves you on hold for in excess of 20 minutes using up all my phone credit. Then had to get my Australian family to try get them to ring back which they didn't.
Don't get this card as potentially too many pitfalls and stressed me out.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Do NOT get this card.....Zero stars

I had been using this card for a while until my card expired. From then on I had nothing but aggravation and total customer care incompetence trying to get a new one and transfer the balance across. Nobody knew what to do. Travel card never called me back when they promised or kept me on hold for ages. In the end they told me I had to empty the card balance back into my account costing me a lot of money in exchange fees. It turns out I didn’t have to but they had already done it. Totally unprofessional and incompetent.

CurrencyAUD and GBP

Worked every time

I was very hesitant about using this card, after reading the reviews it scared me. However the only time it let me down was when I entered an incorrect pin. I went out of my way to test the card. I would find the smallest retailer in a market and make a purchase to see if the card worked, and it did every time.

3 days for funds to appear on card

The documentation says it can take UP to 2 days using BPAY to transfer money to the card. Each time it took 3 days which caused us grief. When it is deducted from your account IMMEDIATELY why then does it take 3 days to get to the travel card?

CurrencySGD

I will give 0 if it was possible

I will give 0 if possible. I made one for my daughter who went overseas for a school trip. The card didn't work and ANZ wouldn't talk to me because I am not the card owner. My daughter is 16 years old not even an adult yet. She couldn't use the fund till she came back. This card has given us nothing but a headache. I can't believe they are allowed to do this.

Terrible experience

My son went to US from school , worked for few days then it declined even though he had more than 70% money, As a parent I called anz to find out is the issue is technical or any password, but they said because of Privacy issue they can't tell anything.

Do not use!

If you want to purchase a card so you can pay for things whilst you are on holidays anywhere in Australia or Overseas I would recommend using a Westpac Global Card since it is more secure and you don't need to worry about being scammed also there is no fees whatsoever.

CurrencyAUD

Very frustrating

Two week holiday in New Zealand.
No difficulty with acceptance of card or finding atms for withdrawals.
Huge problem topping up the card. It took 3 working days for the online account to show an injection of funds. 3 working days for that money to be accessible. Friends with travel cards with other banks could access their money immediately after online top-up. I don’t understand the delay when I simply transferred money between ANZ accounts.

Terrible funds transfer

When my funds got low in Europe it took 3 days for my card to be topped up, meaning I could not eat, drink or pay for accommodation. But that’s fine cause those clearly aren’t necessities. Calling ANZ assistance was also useless as the calls took so long my sim ran out of money, which I then could not top up because my card would not work. Great! No money and no data, thanks ANZ! If it weren’t for my friends, ANZ would have granted me the great character building exercise of being homeless in Scandinavia in the middle of winter. Not quite what I signed up for but I guess they do like to go above and beyond.

Do not put yourself through the stress

App is rubbish and locks you out very quickly and then when you call number listed in card the service is awful. Waited 30 minutes on hold. No online support-at all. Phone support ZERO. Use any other card but this.

Slow fund transfer

Shocking show transfer of funds and ANZ staff were 0 help was stuck in Europe without being able to transfer money across and there was nothing they did to rectify the situation.

Don't use

This was shocking to use right from the start. ANZ staff were useless and couldn't even activate it properly. They told me they had loaded on the funds but hadn't so I was stuck in Europe without being able to access my money. Do not get - it is not user friendly and was a huge pain

Good foreign exchange rates

The card was accepted in Europe. It was easy for me to manage my card and balances whilst overseas. Customer service at my local bank was excellent in applying for a travel and credit card. ANZ also offer good foreign exchange rates.