Apple Macbook 12-inch

Apple Macbook 12-inch

2017, 2015 Early and 2016 Early

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sam C.

Sam C.North Queensland, QLD

Good product but buy a Macbook Air or Pro instead

The macbook is super portable but I honestly can't imagine anyone would be bothered by the small size difference between this and the Air. Others have mentioned the weight difference but it's only 300g lighter than the Air, maybe this is important to you but for most consumers I don't think it will matter much.

The macbook will give the dreaded spinning wheel more often than other Apple laptops and I think you will end up upgrading your macbook much earlier than a macbook pro and a little earlier than an Air. So in the long run I'm not convinced the Macbook will be the best value.

Purchased in April 2016.

Nic

Nic

Just bad

It's generally ok with browsing the web, loading documents and slight multitasking (As any computer should be able to do in 2018) But oh boy, if you throw a simple CPU intensive task like a web browser game then prepare for burnt thighs. Keyboard is alright, I generally make more accidentally presses on this compared to any other keyboard because of the small travel between keys. Mine makes a knocking noise also when shaken side to side which is odd for a company like Apple.

-Weak Performance (3D, 2D and other software)
-Average keyboard (Annoying small travel)
- Great Display
-Knocking noise....?

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Max L

Max LSydney

Little frustrating but I love it

I have 3 Macs and I converted to Mac 3 years ago. My latest Mac is the Apple Macbook 12-inch. Light and thin I wanted this just to take with me when I travel. But it now comes with just one port. A USB-C Port. You get a power point charger but it plugs into this one and only port on the side of the Mac. What if you want to plug in an another device? USB, HDMI, etc. You have to carry around a large adapter. One extra USB port would have made this perfect. I think Mac people are a special breed, we overlook anything issue just to have a Mac product. I knew this would be a problem, but I still bought the Apple Macbook 12-inch.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

I love this beautiful and light computer!

Amazing. Went from the air to MacBook. Worried the screen might be to small but it's fine. The weight makes so much difference. It is excellent. and the keypad and mouse pad are excellent. The USBC sucks though!
I can't put a usb or project or anything - bought an adapter online for $10 just waiting for it to arrive. Make sure you get a case to protect it from scratches to. I got the space grey colour and its actually really nice! BEST COMPUTER EVER!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

James

JamesAU

I would rate 2 stars out of 5

Scotty the AJ

Scotty the AJAU

Awesome road warrior laptop if you understand what you are buying.

pete

pete

It's Nice And All But Why Pay More For Less.

SRJSyd

SRJSydNSW, 2025

The best ultralight notebook ever, and it's gorgeous! To see it is to want it...