Gigabyte Aero 15

Gigabyte Aero 15

Amazing Laptop (Aero 15 X9)

just bought this laptop a week ago and honestly in love with it. the screen is perfect, color accurate and 144hz. the trackpad is smooth no complains. keyboard excellent. however there are things that i dont like much. for example camera! i got it thin bezels thats why its at the bottom but competitive laptops are able to do it with thin just slightly thicker which wont be a issue i guess for anybody. and it heats a lot. as i am habitual of using my lapy on my lap but which is not a comfortable choice with this. well overall really great laptop.

Purchased at CPL - Computer & Parts Land for $3,000.00.

This laptop is great for most uses

The laptop's build quality is great, I haven't dropped it or anything yet, however, I could tell that the quality of the laptop is worth the money. The laptop's monitor is amazing. It's very color accurate with a high refresh rate. The touch pad is extremely accurate and is very easy to get used to. However, there are some downsides. The laptop's keyboard has strange key positioning that takes time to get used to. When typing, I find myself accidentally hitting other keys and sometimes the keys are unresponsive. The last complaint would be the webcam. It is understandable that the positioning would be at the bottom because of the thing bezels but, as expected with most laptop webcams, it's low in quality and is positioned at the bottom of the monitor. It isn't much of an issue personally, but if a good webcam is what you're looking for, this isn't the purchase for you. I am overall very happy with this laptop.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon for $1,299.99.

Great laptop with some flaws. But is quite worth the price.

(This is for the AERO 15-X9-FHD70)
First off, the build quality is good, not the best, and not the most aesthetically pleasing laptop out there, especially at this price range, the camera placement is not the best, but I don't use it often, and the quality of the camera is really bad anyway. The screen is great and can get really bright, but it doesn't get extremely dim to save battery life. The trackpad is really smooth and comes with windows precision.

The keyboard has a good amount of key travel but is extremely loud which is quite annoying and disappointing, as the sound is not the mechanical keyboard click, but rather the annoying person in a library who types really loud sound. The RGB lighting is good, but depending on your eyesight u can often see it flicker ever so slightly. The in-app customization for the keyboard is quite choppy with not a lot of options like Razer Synapse but is good enough for the essentials.

The thermals were surprisingly hot on my model with temperatures of up to 93 degrees Celsius while gaming even at max fan speed, but the performance for most games have quite good, although still not as good as a desktop 1070 and sometimes 1060, despite the RTX 2070 max-q inside.

The battery life was quite disappointing with an average of 5.5 hours during lowest settings under normal use, and 1- 2 hours while gaming, however, 10 hours when completely idle at max battery savings options with WiFi on. However compared to most of the other options out there with a similar form factor and this price range, this battery is quite good.

Overall, a great laptop with good performance, solid build quality, a beautiful display, and a better than average battery, somewhat worth at full price, but definitely a buy when on sale.

Purchased in May 2019 at Computer Alliance for $2,800.00.

Exactly what I wanted in a gaming laptop

Powerful gaming laptop with the portability to go anywhere
High FPS on all current games
Beautifully designed look and feel
Only issue I have is that it goes into sleep mode by tilting the screen slightly down.

Purchased in April 2019 at Mwave Australia for $3,185.00.

Perfect laptop, hard to game on battery

Very powerful thin gaming laptop that can handle nearly every new game with very high FPS and graphics. The battery life is excellent, however the performance on battery was too poor to game when not plugged in.

Purchased in April 2019 at PLE Computers for $2,799.00.

Aero 15 X9 FHD70

I purchased this laptop quite recently. So far it's been doing well. Good screen brightness, amazing graphics. I like the overall design. Simple and elegant, nice RGB keyboard. I like the Control Centre software that allows you to customise pretty much everything like keyboard, trackpad, connectivity etc. It's great for work, I've used it to connect to our remote desktop. Long battery hours, around 9 hours for the everyday normal task. Just bit of a down side is that the fan can be a tiny bit noisy when playing or using the browser. The fan can be turned to quiet mode though.

Purchased in March 2019 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store for $3,699.00.

Aero 15 Y9 RTX 2080 FHD

Dude, this stuff is a beast. run 9-10 hours on normal task if you installed all the drivers correctly!
gaming benchmark is insane, thunderbolt is a nice options!

just wished that they include usb c to displayport adapter though, other than that this stuff is 11/10

Purchased in March 2019 at Scorptec Computers for $4,599.00.

Amazing

Amazing laptop overall, great build quality. The keyboard is nice and tactile, and the performance is blisteringly quick. However touchpad drivers could use an update. The screen is bright enough in most situations, and the battery life is awesome.

Purchased in March 2019.

Gigabyte Aero15-X8 review

Purchased this laptop recently and took it for a spin with some good old gaming action. Playing games like Mad Max and Witcher 3 on Max settings was very visually appealing with no noticeable drops in performance. The picture quality of the screen also feels rather crisp and sharp. The laptop runs rather quiet when using it for non-gaming purposes but the fans spool up when you start demanding that grunt from it. Also loving the battery life on the laptop as it was a top priority for me when purchasing a new laptop as I am always on the go. It's great that it has the facility for expanding your existing memory and HDD space with a an additional M.2 slot provisioned. The on-board speakers were a little lacking in the sound department as it was lacking bass and was also sounding a bit tinny at times. Lastly the track pad on the laptop is not the best as it feels a bit in-consistent on the tracking but hey when gaming I use a mouse anyways so not a major deal breaker. Overall I am rather pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend this laptop to other buyers.

Purchased in March 2019 at Mwave Australia for $2,600.00.

Little hiccups along the way but good so far

Pros: Good build quality, IPS 144Hz screen, fast CPU and GPU, longgg battery life, thin bezels, RGB keyboard, fans control for different scenarios.
Cons: Back screen panel not up to current design trends, pre-installed Windows 10 by Manufacturer can be slow, backlight bleed exists although not noticeable at all during typical usage.

Purchased in February 2019.

Insanely powerful thin and light laptop

After looking around to get a powerful laptop for over 3 months I had decided to go with the Aero 15 and I don't regret my decision one bit! This machine is built to last! The material is premium and it doesn't scream gaming. That being said it does get pretty hot and the fans get loud, but it is expected with the power it holds. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase, and I will be pasting liquid metal to boost performance in the future!

Purchased in January 2019.

Almost perfect laptop

This is my first laptop in 8 years and a lot has changed since then. I spent a good six months researching what I wanted to get for my next laptop. It was choice between the Aero 15x, MSI GS65, Razer Blade 15 and Asus Zephyrus M. The more I read the more confused I got as all of them had distinct pros and cons. I wrote off the Aero 15x after reading horror stories about bad keyboards, windows locking up and driver issues. A recent sale and reading user tips and tricks about getting it to run better help me change my mind. The aero 15x is an awesome computer and I have not regretted my purchase.

Pros
- Small form factor
- Easy to upgrade RAM, SSD
- Nice Screen
- Keyboard has not issues
- Amazing performance
- Good battery life

Cons
- Trackpad is not the best
- Speakers are really poor
- Windows doesnt run great out of the box. Need to do a lot of research/reading to make it run better

Nitpicking
- The black inside the A and B of the Gigabyte logo being a different material to the outside makes it look cheap
- Computer going to sleep when the lid is only partially angled down, wish it could go down lower before going to sleep
- The design of the on screen display for volume, fan sleep etc by Gigabyte looks extremely dated.

Good but not perfect

This was my first ever Laptop I personally owned. I built my own PC's before that but not nearly as powerful as this Laptop. I really love the design and the keyboard feels very nice. I did a clean windows install after I received the unit but I'm still not really happy with it, Benchmarks aren't very good and I hoped to receive a unit with G.Skill RAM and Toshiba M.2 SSD which I unfortunately didn't. The audio quality is very poor, my phone has better quality and is louder. Since this was my first high end Laptop I thought I'd be blown away by the speed of it which I kind of wasn't. I didn't use a computer for about 3 months so I don't know if I'm just not used to it anymore but I even had to check if the 144hz monitor is on and what the difference is because I just couldn't tell if it was any smoother than what I used to see. I don't know maybe my expectations were just too high. One thing that really upset me was that they had a promotion going and because the demand was so high I didn't receive a monitor, I thought that Gigabyte will then just compensate with something else, unfortunately I and many others received nothing instead. Overall I need more time to see what this Laptop can do bought it for Video Editing/ Photo Editing/ Gaming.

I update this review after more real life testing but these are just my first impressions.

A Pretty Good Notebook

I was looking to buy a laptop for uni/gaming. After comparing several model, I ended up deciding on Gigabyte's Aero 15 for its good price to spec ratio. And, I was pretty happy with what I got. Its thin profile is definitely a plus, whilst its thin bezels make for pleasant viewing experience. The ability to change out the ram and storage definitely is a nice touch and leaves options for future.

The only downside for me is the poorer speaker quality.

But, overall it's still a nice laptop that I would recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great for work and play.

Performance and battery are great for me can get my work done bring it back and get straight into games. It looks professional and is super light. I did have issues when starting it up and had to restore it a few times and the support team was quick and helped with the issues straight away. After that it has been running like a dream.

Fantastic expandability

Was looking for a laptop to dual boot windows and ubuntu. Having the spare m.2 slot to chuck an extra terabyte of storage in is fantastic. It allows to large enough os partitions while still giving a plenty of space for my games and coding files. Hopefully this will allow me to have a portable gaming/workstation. The computer also came nearly $800 off with free 27 in monitor during the recent christmas sales, fantastic value for money.

Almost Perfect.

Performance, battery back up, and overall it is the best.
only one downside is the audio output, which is not up to the mark.
small form factor, thin profile and the build quality is very good.
thin bezels makes the viewing experience a lot better.
It's easy to upgrade your ram and storage.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Everything I expected it to be.

I spent months deciding whether or not to buy the Aero 15X. After reading countless comparisons and reviews, I finally decided to buy my first high-end laptop and I was not disappointed. Compared to the Razer Blade 15 which is 400 dollars more expensive, the Aero 15X provides the same quality of gaming experience and even better battery performance. Keyboard does take time to get used to. Would recommend this over the Razer Blade 15 anyday.

Decent Laptop

Technical specs are very good given the small form factor of the device, though you pay a premium for it. The thin bezel is very nice and the overall build quality seems good, except for the keys. I have been using this laptop for all of an hour and the keys are already starting to fall off. It appears they are only held in place by a tiny triangle of plastic. The fastening of the keys is probably a compromise given the thinness of the device, and they are easy enough to click back on, but it's a bit of a slap in the face given the price tag. Hopefully its just a fault with this device rather than the entire line.

Good Laptop

I've had the Aero 15X for a few days now, it is the best laptop I've ever owned, though the keyboard does take some time to get used to and the space bar is louder than the other keys. I bought this primarily for gaming and university; I was looking at a multitude of laptops from the Razer Blade 15 to the MSI Stealth thin but I chose the Aero 15X due to the price to spec ratio as GIGAYTE offered much better specs in comparison to other companies. Also the ability to upgrade the RAM and storage may come to use in the future.