Bought this macbook air 13" in March 2020 -
- fingerprint ID to unlock
- display is good
- heats up very quickly and the fan has to turn on and is very loud; have noticed all it takes to overheat is having 4 applications open (one of them google chrome with >4 tabs open).
- camera quality is bad, side by side next to the 2013 macbook air 13, the 2013 model comes out on top hands down. the 2020 camera is incredibly grainy despite being the official product information & specs online stating: FaceTime HD camera for one‑to‑one and group calls & 720p FaceTime HD camera (the same as 2013 model)
Purchased in March 2020 for A$2,300.00.
- Macbook Air 13" 2020 - Intel Core i5
- Verified purchase
This computer has been thru 4 revisions and this one is the best version. Keyboard is responsive and the screen is super clear. Speed and ergonomics are also very comforting!
- Macbook Air 13" 2020 - Intel Core i3
- Verified purchase
The only problem I have is software issue.
I have used this MacBook for about 1 year now and I have to say that I can't live without it.
Previously I have always used Microsoft based laptops like HP, Lenovo, Toshiba but I thought I want to give Apple products a go since I have heard good feedback from my sister about it.
The reason why I chose MacBook Air instead of Pro was based on :
My main use for this computer is for study / work, browsing, watching videos, etc , so the basic model will do. My only concern in the beginning was whether it is compatible ...
Camera quality very poor - returned
Updated macbook air 2013 to new 2020 model. Camera quality is MUCH poorer. Apple said that they know it performs poorly in low light, but claim that it is superior in ambient light. Photos taken side by side with my 2013 model show this is not the case. In well lit room with a light on my desk (!!) - grainy and poor.
Returned for full refund, and now a headache - how to nurse this old macbook air through til an upgrade or abandon the apple ship
Questions & Answers
Sorry, there are no questions yet.
- MacBook Air 13" with Retina Display i3/1.1GHz 256GB Space Grey
- Apple 13.3" MacBook Air 2020 MVH22 (1.1GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Space Grey) - AU/NZ Model
- Apple 13.3" MacBook Air 2020 MVH42 (1.1GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Silver) - AU/NZ Model
- Apple 13.3" MacBook Air 2020 MVH52 (1.1GHz i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Gold) - AU/NZ Model
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.