Asko HI1774

Asko HI1774

MPN: HI1774
5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lucy08Nsw, 2038

Fantastic cooktop

Asko
ASKO A.Asko

Gareth M

Gareth Masked

I am considering buying an ASKO combo induction/volcano wok hob. How fragile is the glass? For example, what does it take to crack it? If a stainless steel 6 5 inch tall manual salt or pepper mill/grinder was to fall over onto the glass, would this be enough to crack it? I am comparing this hob which has a 5 year warranty which I like but it costs $5,000, a ginormous value for me but I love my cooking compared to the Ilve combo induction/wok burner which has only a 2 year warranty and costs $3,400 and Ilve products seem to have poor reviews on here though my mums Ilve stove has been going strong for many years. I also realise the ASKO wok burner is considerably better but I consider the Ilve cooktop looks slightly nicer though I have seen neither in person. I also note ASKO steam ovens seem considerably better that similar models from Ilve. It boggles my mind that a $10,000 stove often has no greater warranty than a $1,000 stove, it seems expense doesn’t necessarily mean reliability.

Mattasked

I am looking at 90 cm versions of induction hobs and had considered Siemens and Asko mainly because of the 5 year warranty - though I have noted several complains about Siemens models having glass cracked (not through use or abuse) and it not being covered by warranty. What would the Asko warranty cover?

Lucy08

HI Matt. We broke our glass by dropping something on it so paid to replace ourselves- it was about $250. I was just so happy it had a replaceable part! In terms of their warranty I would contact them to check as I haven't used it and would hate to mislead you. They have online teams so maybe you can contact them via website.
I still recommend- Use it every day and have had no issues at all. Only thing we discovered is that installing with oven directly under has potential for overheating apparently- the glass service man told me that but we have not had an issue.
Good Luck

Thanks very much ...

Asko
ASKO A.Asko

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please note it totally depends on the circumstances and the cause of breakage at the time as to the part will be covered or not. You can contact our service team if you wish to discuss further, on 1300 002 756

Regards
Vani - Team Leader - After Sales Service

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives