Asko OP8687
See the Best Wall Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Asko

• Product is used
  • Preheating Speed
Dyson fan not anymore...
Dyson fan not anymore...Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Impressed so far

This is the first oven I have ever purposely selected.
It has all the features I wanted and looked the simplest to operate.
I love the telescopic shelves already, it's very quiet, spacious inside and the soft close door is a nice touch.
Good lighting inside.
I wanted an oven that could be set at a low temperature to prove bread dough.
And fingerprint proof, stainless finish.

Still early days to write more detail about performance.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,399.00.

Ben M
Ben MBallarat

Fantastic Oven

After the oven that came with our house finally died we decided to look at a quality replacement. After looking at many different brands we settled on the ASKO. A range of different functions and Pyro mode for cleaning meant it was a massive jump over our old oven.
So far we have loved the way the oven cooks food evenly throughout the oven. An example is cooking cupcakes, we used to have to do one tray at a time, now we can fill the oven and they all cook evenly.
The pyro cleaning function is good, though if the trays are left in doesn't quite get as clean as it states.
Overall very happy.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Other Wall Ovens

EK
EKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love

Have just installed this oven and couldn't be happier. Easy to operate and has cooked everything to perfection so far. Have not tried pyrolytic function yet but will update when I have. Was concerned about lack of reviews at first but so happy to have found this oven. Love, love,love.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Don D.
Don D.asked
OP8687

I activated the pyrolysis function to clean the oven and followed the instructions as per page EN 30. I have done this before with success but his time, instead of ash left to wipe it out, the residue was hard and solid. Should I repeat the process or get professional help? Don

MARIANNE P.

I would contact ASKO direct for support and take photos to send them.
They would be able to best advise what to do next, or may send a service person to have a look.

Lindaasked
OP8687

Please help me - I need detailed instructions on how to change the temperature on this oven. I have tried several times and it usually ends up just being locked in to the original temperature.
Detailed instructions please as the manual does not explain at all.
Linda from sunny Napier

Hi Linda
When you are looking at a screen that has the temperature showing, you press the arrow key until the temperature is the section that becomes highlighted. You then rotate the selector (on the right) to your desired temperature, then press the tick to confirm.
Hope that helps.

Linda

Thanks for your reply - however no arrow on the screen!! (could be coz mine is a NZ model) I can work the oven setting it up for a basic cook, but it all turns to custard when I need to change something. Can you set the timer when you are in mid cook?
I really need a better more detailed manual, the one I got is very minimal. I shall go back to the shop of purchase and try for a better one. Bring back the knobs I say!!!! - failsafe and foolproof.

Yes. I can set the timer mid way through cooking also.
I’m not having any issues, though tmi had a good sales assistant go through it with me at the time of purchase.

Joe_Abela
Joe_Abelaasked
OP8687

Hi. Just want to know why the pyro cleaning doesn’t clean the oven as it should. I use the feature every 3 months, only worked fine the first time. My oven doesn’t get that dirty as I would do it more often. After three and half of high temperature I certainly expect to see good results each time. I do not bother with the short cycle as it doesn’t work at all. So as far as this is concerned, no I am definitely not happy.

MARIANNE P.

Joe I have only used the pyro clean once so far. The longer cycle.
It did an amazing job as described.
But, there was an area on both sides of the oven near the door that didn’t clean and there is now a discolouration on the glass where the door seal rests.
I contacted ASKO and they tried to have a local service person come to inspect.
I am unable to get that to happen!
(Not ASKO’s fault that he doesn’t get in touch).
I would suggest you ask for a service person to have a look. Take photos and send to ASKO, they were very helpful.

Get an answer from our members and Asko representatives

Asko OP8687

Compare all 3 Asko OP8687
CategoryWall OvensWall OvensWall Ovens
Price (RRP) $2,799.00$2,799.00$2,799.00
Oven FuelElectricityElectricityElectricity
Type ConvectionConvectionConvection
SizeSingleSingleSingle
Capacity71L71L71L
FeaturesPyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Dimensions 590 x 560 x 550 mm590 x 560 x 550 mm590 x 560 x 550 mm
Max Temperature300 °C300 °C300 °C
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlack