AstralPool Viron eQuilibrium Salt Chlorinator

AstralPool Viron eQuilibrium Salt Chlorinator

EQ25, EQ18, EQ35, EQ45

See the Best Chlorinators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Not happy

Not happySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

This pump has not worked properly from day one from brand new it has had motherboard replaced, calibration, two other services and still does not work properly you have to wait hours on phone to even get answered for a service totally dissatisfied with this company and product

Purchased in December 2018.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again

Has not worked properly since installed , in 4 years cost me $800 new probes and a warranty claim on the cell , thinking of turning it off for good , not the best i am afraid Astral

Purchased in April 2014.

WiseOldElf

WiseOldElfPerth, WA

overpriced and lousy quality

Purchased in November 2015.

Troy

TroyPerth, WA

Biggest pile of crap ever

Biggest pile of crap I have ever owned and customer service is worse, do not trust this company. I've had them out 15 times, replaced just about every component and now warranty finished, still doesn't work

Purchased in April 2013 at Feminine Mysteries for $1,500.00.

Trudy

TrudyTownsville

Not the best system for North Queensland

Purchased in September 2018.

radish

radishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Astral Chlorinators

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Pump running at high speed

My pump has started running continually at a high speed instead of slowing down. Could you help me fix this. I don’t know why. I’ve put it to medium (it wouldn’t let me select low). Otherwise I’m very happy with the machine. I noticed my power bill was up on last year so it’s concerning.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

A load of rubbish

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Jimmy Johns

Jimmy JohnsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Astral Pool EQ Chlorinator Terrible

Disgusted and overpriced.
Changed after 4 months to Hayward Chlorinator PS Series.
No Ph sensor which is fantastic and no replacement of PCB boards as EQ board and sensor over $1000
Thanks to Pool Guys Adelaide we now have a trouble free unit in the Hayward .
Astral EQ is a absolute over rated waste of money with serious reliability issues.
Warranty was a nightmare and Astral Customer service shocking.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Faulty

We got the Viron as replacement for an earlier Astral chlorinator which had had some issues later in its life.
So far we have had to have the entire new chlorinator replaced twice and the 'board' replaced or fixed three times, fortunately all under warranty. The issue being in each case that the chlorinator does not 'reverse cycle', so is consequently only producing chlorine on half of the hours it runs. Our chlorine therefore runs down to virtually nothing over a relatively short period of time, costing us more in chemicals and increased maintenance time.
Maybe we have just been unlucky and scored several 'lemons' in a row. Fingers crossed that the most recently fixed chlorinator will give us no problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

stop the goats

stop the goatsperth

Go with an Astral if you have the option

I got my pool installed by Leisure pools in July 2015. I am generally very happy with the install and the fact that they use Astral products. All their gear is great. Astral have been terrific in dealing with warranty claims.I have had my pump rebuilt and the leaking filter cap has been replaced. You could do much worse than having your new pool equipped with other than Astral products. I know this sounds like an advert for them but l am very impressed with their service. Recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

tam

tamperth

"no water"

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Fabulous technology for a first time pool owner.

Maintains a steady level of chemicals and a well balanced pool - very impressed with the simplicity of it and how automated it is. Very little maintenance and happy with the overall ease of use of the machine. Calibration of the system is a little difficult and still to be mastered.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Patty

PattyAspendale

Virgon equilibrium switches itself on and off

My unit is around 3 years old and it just started switching itself on and off every few seconds continuously, does anyone know why this is happening? I have maintained the unit well and clean all the probes every few months. It does this whether it's cold or hot so I don't think the unit is over heating.

Date PurchasedNov 2013