AstralPool Viron eQuilibrium Salt Chlorinator

• Average (6)

Wellington27

Wellington27Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Constantly fails, Consumer Affairs here I come

Purchased in August 2018 at Leisure Pools.

AstralPool
Fluidra AustraliaAstralPool

Deepak s.

Deepak s.Perth, WA

chlorinator is stopping after 5-8 minutes.

The chlorinator is stopping the pump every 10 minutes and after 1-2 minutes it starts again and it is under the warranty but pool shop in Myaree said it is because of the 40 degree heat in Perth.

AstralPool
Fluidra AustraliaAstralPool

Not happy

Not happySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

This pump has not worked properly from day one from brand new it has had motherboard replaced, calibration, two other services and still does not work properly you have to wait hours on phone to even get answered for a service totally dissatisfied with this company and product

Purchased in December 2018.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never again

Has not worked properly since installed , in 4 years cost me $800 new probes and a warranty claim on the cell , thinking of turning it off for good , not the best i am afraid Astral

Purchased in April 2014.

WiseOldElf

WiseOldElfPerth, WA

overpriced and lousy quality

Purchased in November 2015.

Troy

TroyPerth, WA

Biggest pile of crap ever

Biggest pile of crap I have ever owned and customer service is worse, do not trust this company. I've had them out 15 times, replaced just about every component and now warranty finished, still doesn't work

Purchased in April 2013 at Feminine Mysteries for $1,500.00.

Trudy

TrudyTownsville

Not the best system for North Queensland

Purchased in September 2018.

radish

radishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Astral Chlorinators

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Pump running at high speed

My pump has started running continually at a high speed instead of slowing down. Could you help me fix this. I don’t know why. I’ve put it to medium (it wouldn’t let me select low). Otherwise I’m very happy with the machine. I noticed my power bill was up on last year so it’s concerning.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

A load of rubbish

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Jimmy Johns

Jimmy JohnsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Astral Pool EQ Chlorinator Terrible

Disgusted and overpriced.
Changed after 4 months to Hayward Chlorinator PS Series.

Thanks to Pool Guys Adelaide we are now enjoying our pool.
Recommend Pool Guys to anyone.
Thanks Dave for all your help.

Faulty

We got the Viron as replacement for an earlier Astral chlorinator which had had some issues later in its life.
So far we have had to have the entire new chlorinator replaced twice and the 'board' replaced or fixed three times, fortunately all under warranty. The issue being in each case that the chlorinator does not 'reverse cycle', so is consequently only producing chlorine on half of the hours it runs. Our chlorine therefore runs down to virtually nothing over a relatively short period of time, costing us more in chemicals and increased maintenance time.
Maybe we have just been unlucky and scored several 'lemons' in a row. Fingers crossed that the most recently fixed chlorinator will give us no problems.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

stop the goats

stop the goatsperth

Go with an Astral if you have the option

I got my pool installed by Leisure pools in July 2015. I am generally very happy with the install and the fact that they use Astral products. All their gear is great. Astral have been terrific in dealing with warranty claims.I have had my pump rebuilt and the leaking filter cap has been replaced. You could do much worse than having your new pool equipped with other than Astral products. I know this sounds like an advert for them but l am very impressed with their service. Recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

tam

tamperth

"no water"

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Fabulous technology for a first time pool owner.

Maintains a steady level of chemicals and a well balanced pool - very impressed with the simplicity of it and how automated it is. Very little maintenance and happy with the overall ease of use of the machine. Calibration of the system is a little difficult and still to be mastered.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Patty

PattyAspendale

Virgon equilibrium switches itself on and off

My unit is around 3 years old and it just started switching itself on and off every few seconds continuously, does anyone know why this is happening? I have maintained the unit well and clean all the probes every few months. It does this whether it's cold or hot so I don't think the unit is over heating.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

Mike Casked

Running into 2 problems - anyone come across these?
1. The unit is resetting the Time to 00:00 randomly and then turns off. Time is reset on each occurrence. Happened across the last 4 days;
1st day @ ~10:05,
2nd day @ 12:10,
3rd day @ 09:35,
4th day @ 9:15

2. Cell is not producing gas bubbles and the unit is reporting Low Salt on the display - which could indicate cell has failed. The output level has been adjusted between Full and 3/4's to see if that helps

Any ideas on how to tell which Item is faulty

Gerard Fennessy

Sounds like the first fault is either the internal battery failure or a motherboard failure. The second issue - have you checked your ACTUAL salt level and ACTUAL chlorine level at the pool shop. If you have let me know what they say...

Thanks for the reply.

1. I've replaced the Super Capacitor on the Mainboard so the time is now maintained when power is lost. However the unit is still rebooting - did it 3 times yesterday after the Capacitor was replaced. As the time is maintained, the Pump just kicked back into high-speed prime mode before switching back to normal run mode. Given this, I'm still not sure if the problem is the Mian board or the User Board?

2. I tested the water on Sunday just gone; Salt OK @ 5000+ ppm, pH OK, Alkalinity OK, Stabiliser OK, Chlorine Very low (zero), phosphate Very High. The Unit is not picking up on a "No Water Flow" alert so it would seem power is still being supplied to the cell. Looking at the cell plates, they seem to be eroded/used, Minimum Calcium build-up, so at 7 years old it may just be end of life.

Speaking to the pool shop they say they normally replace units when they get to 7 years old (this is a VpH Virion Chlorinator + PH, model before the EQ) and showing these types of faults. And given I need a new Cell as well, they think it's just best to install 2 new items

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike C

There is another Capacitor on the Main board that looks like it's blown - 470uF 450V. swapping this one as well.

I've taken some Voltage and Current readings on the Cell this morning.

Zero amps when in operation(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNx_mdwLt4)
21 Volts Across the Red Terminal(s) to the Green Terminal

Jean S.

Jean S.asked

When i put it on "MANUAL ON" it only runs for 5 min and reset back to "MANUAL OFF". Previously it stayed on for as long as i required it to. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Gerard Fennessy

I think there is a setting in the installation menus that will change this.

Scott R.asked

Hi I have an equilibrium with chlorination unit, which normally times my pump on and off, however I noticed recently the pump runs all day but the chlorinator times on and off as per time schedule. Not sure why my unit has only just started doing this. Any help or pointers would be appreciated unit is about 2 years old.

Gerard Fennessy

Have you tried a full reset?

Scott R.

How do you do that? It has sorted itself out now thankfully, just started reacting to timer a day later, but full reset would be handy to know in case it happens again, thanks

Get an answer from our members and AstralPool representatives

Download manual