ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LW-HN038T

ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LW-HN038T

MPN: G512LW-HN038T

Chris Evans

Chris Evans

DO NOT BUY THIS LAPTOP Fans turn off when screen goes to sleep but tasks are still running causing heat to build up!

Purchased in December 2020 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Physical store for A$2,549.00.

Elliot S.

Elliot S.North Queensland, QLD

Great performance for the price

I have been using this laptop for a bit more than 2 month now. Bought for gaming and I am more than satisfied by the performances it can offer. Can run any recent games at good settings.
The fans are getting a bit loud when running very demanding games so I would recommend using headphones when gaming.
Only laptop with an RTX2070 I could find for this price.

Purchased in October 2020 at Computer Alliance Online store for A$2,299.00.

Asus ROD Strix

Fantastic computer. Bought specifically for gaming and it does this effortlessly. Very user friendly, It was a easy to set up, would highly recommend this to anyone that wants to get into gaming at a great price.

Zack Phan

Zack PhanSouth East Queensland, QLD

AMAZING LAPTOP

bought this as a laptop to use for school and gaming, and I am amazed by the performance so far! Highly recommended for either a gaming machine or school work.

Purchased in December 2020 for A$2,104.00.

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great budget gaming laptop

Bought this laptop and have had it for a few days. Great for a first gaming laptop. Runs fairly graphic intense games at high with decent fps. Fans are loud though so need to use headphones.

Bang for buck. Better specs than anything else i have found for similar price.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,998.00.

Gabriella Chan

Gabriella ChanMid North Coast, NSW

Great all rounder and value for money!

I bought this as a laptop to use for graphic design and casual gaming, and I am amazed by the performance so far! The build quality is fantastic and the speakers are also amazing, very happy!

Alex

AlexSydney, NSW

By far best laptop l have owned.

Originally brought this for gaming whilst on the move.. it has also turned into an amazing work station for my work video editing. Highly recommended for either a gaming machine or for video editing.

Purchased in July 2020 at Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Physical store for A$2,673.00.

Perfect

Perfect!My son’s favorite, looks the configuration is very good,just ordered Jibifi online , didn’t receive the laptop, hope suitable for playing games. Also the price is very attractive in BOXING day.

Purchased in December 2020 for A$1,998.00.

kelvin

kelvinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is amazing, the best laptop I have ever used.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$2,600.00.

Find out how ASUS ROG Strix G15 G512LW-HN038T compares to other Laptops

Powerful laptop with a nice Graphics card.

Just ordered this one from jb-hifi. Powerful and does all the tasks I need it to do. Great for gaming also with the RTX 2070 GPU. Yet to test it for CPU intensive tasks but I'm sure with the i7, this will also be a breeze.

Simba

SimbaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for doing Rendering

Powerful GFX, makes rendering a breeze. We have used a few other machines, but rendering using 2070RTX has shown a far better performance than any other budget machines that we purchased. There could be other RTX's that would go an equally good or better job, but for what we need this machine packs a great deal of oomph and punch !!
We purchased two laptops, hence the two reviews : )

Simba

SimbaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for Video Editing

I got this laptop as it had a great graphic card RTX2070 which I had tested on work PC's. For content creation and video editing for the web, this little beauty gives me enough grunt to do things seamlessly.

Amazing laptop!

I have only had this laptop for a few days, but so far it has been totally awesome! The screen quality is amazing and it can do everything I need it for. Gaming has been superb. Great value for money, so definitely recommend!

Perfect laptop

One of the best decisions I made instead of getting a Playstation 5. Playing Cyberpunk in this laptop was definitely amazing everything was running smooth, the overall performance is awesome. I love the details in the exterior.

Stv m.

Stv m.Sydney, NSW

So Far So Good!

Mine is technically the G512LW-AZ003T. Bought for work from home (call centre) and VR gaming. After preliminary tests all works VERY well. It handles running multiple programs at the same time very well with no lag. Gaming performance is better than I expected and almost as good as my friends pro gaming laptop which cost almost twice as much. May not last as long given the pace at which upgraded hardware comes out but very good value for money!

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hifi Home for A$2,500.00.

Hang

HangSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is perfect

I like this laptop. It starts up so fast and is easy to navigate and use. Great controls and aura functions and chiclet keyboard are fantastic fun. Extra features like Armoury crate are great too to allow you to customise your experience in gaming.

Purchased in January 2019 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic for A$1,800.00.

Jared

Jared

Good value

Runs all the latest games, for a reasonable price. The only annoyance is being forced to write a review to claim the free webcam (it does not have a built in camera).

Purchased in October 2020 at Computer Alliance for A$2,299.00.

Peter H.

Peter H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tremendous Gaming Laptop!

My Variant is ROG Strix G512LW-HN068T
Specs: i7-10750H RTX 2070

I bought this laptop for school work and occasional gaming, little did I know what an absolute beast this machine was. It can run all games with max graphics and high fps smoothly and is surprisingly portable as well. There is nothing to fault with this laptop! A must if you are looking for a laptop that can run games at an affordable price.

Purchased in October 2020 at Microsoft.

Tiffany S.

Tiffany S.Sydney, NSW

Awesome Gaming Laptop!

My Variant is ROG Strix G512LW-HN068T
Specs: i7-10750H RTX 2070

I had been wanting to upgrade for a long time, so I finally pulled the trigger on this one, and I have no regrets! I absolutely love this beast of a laptop, I'm now able to run the latest games on ultra settings.
It may not have the best screen out there, but coming from a 60hz screen makes this 144hz screen a heaven to look at.
I only received this laptop yesterday so I haven't had that much time to use it, therefore, I can't comment on its longevity and how well it'll handle under prolonged heavy usage, but so far it's been awesome!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bing Lee Online store for A$1,999.00.

Blackie

BlackieSouth East Queensland, QLD

An Utter Beast Of A Machine!!!

My Variant is ROG G1512LW-HN068T
Specs: i7-10750h RTX 2070

I have enjoyed every moment so far since purchasing this beast a few days ago, it has performed well and above expectation on my games as well as video editing with amazingly fast transfer speeds. Others have mentioned that they get quite warm under heavy loads which is true but when I made my purchase I also picked up a cooling pad for another $20 and I have not had an issue with heat what so ever.

I do recommend this machine to others as I have been enjoying my experience, this is my first gaming laptop / notebook and was somewhat hesitant after always having a PC but I will never go back now, it has totally changed my opinion and I believe it was a solid purchase.

Purchased in October 2020 at Computer Alliance for A$2,229.00.