Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard

Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard

Rip off

Lots of hidden fees. If you preload the card into the Australian wallet and then transfer to another currency-fee.
Transfer money onto the card any other way but bank transfer (which takes days) - fee.
Cash out from the card - fee.

Don't buy one of these.

Don’t have anything to do with the Australia Post Platinum Mastercard. I bought one recently and charged it with $200-. I bought it to buy kindle books from Amazon.com and I was doing just that. I bought around ten books and still had nearly $50- left when it stopped working. I later tried it both online and in shops to find it no longer worked. So, I rang the Support number for the first time 2 weeks ago. A lady took all my details and said she would get back to me. I never heard from her again. So today I rang again and this time I was told that in order to get out my $50- I will need to supply hard copies of the following documents 1) passport or driver’s license 2) utility bill 3) one of my bank statements showing my transactions, name and address. 4) A written statement of why I bought the Mastercard.
I was very persistent and spoke to two more managers but no one could tell me why my card had been put on hold and all insisted that I provide all this information. I refused to provide all this confidential identification so I didn’t get my money back. I am just grateful that I wasn’t stuck overseas counting on using the money on my card to get back home. Needless to say I will never use one of these cards again.

I’m going America with this card this weekend and all the negative reviews across different websites have me really freaking out omg
Hi Molly, I hope you have a great trip :) if you have any problems whilst travelling please call our Mastercard team on +44 207 649 9404 (overseas number) so they can help you out. Priscila

Other Travel Money