Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard

Australia Post Travel Platinum Mastercard

Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not use.

Fraudulent and insecure do NOT use this service. I got this card for general expenses whilst spending time with friends in Sweden. Within a week this card was declined. The Card was already "hacked" and used for layby purchases in Oz for almost $350. On returning home I filled out 2 pages to contest the transactions. At the same time I contacted the Layby company. Within 24 hours the Layby company had ascertained and refunded the offending purchases. Aus post has yet to acknowledge.

DOUG

Competitive Exchange Rate No
Rach

RachSydney, NSW

Would not use again.

Husband went overseas, thought this card would be great for him.
It's a pain trying to reload it, downloaded the app then you have go to another website to load then it doesn't let you reload by debit card but let's you do Bpay which takes 2 days. Not good enough. Plus all the extra hidden fees. Contacting them is not much help either.

CurrencyEUR

Emma Black

Emma BlackVictoria

Yet another disappointing product from Australia Post...

CurrencyAUD and THB
Competitive Exchange Rate No

CindySydney Surrounds, NSW

Never Use This Card Again!!!!!

CurrencyEUR and USD
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes
Priscila L.Australia Post

I'm glad it's being investigated, it may be a long process which I know is frustrating but I'm glad you're being called up on the progress.

DSteelGeraldton

Probably won't use again

The card worked fine everywhere in Indonesia that took a card but withdrawing cash was a pain. The only ATM I found that would allow me to withdraw cash was over 4km from my hotel so didn't do much shopping at the cash only markets. I even tried withdrawing cash at both a Commonwealth Bank ATM and a branch. The other issue was that it took way too long for the debits to show up so I knew how much cash I had. It would have been fine if it allowed Rupiah to be loaded. Since Indonesia is a prime destination for Aussies, this should really be rectified.

As for the complaints about fees and such, people should read all the information about this card. It's all there.

I don't think I'll bother with this card again.

Shelley

ShelleyPerth, WA

Just don't go there!

Rip off

Lots of hidden fees. If you preload the card into the Australian wallet and then transfer to another currency-fee.
Transfer money onto the card any other way but bank transfer (which takes days) - fee.
Cash out from the card - fee.

Kym
Kym

Don't buy one of these.

Deidre W.

Deidre W.asked

I am in Japan and trying to use my new platinum travel card and the pin is not recognized

Hi Deidre,

I recommend calling our Support team on (+61) 1300 665 054, they are available 24/7 just make sure you're using the right code to dial out of the country wherever you're calling from :)

Eugene Papersasked

Why has Heritage Bank superseded Load and Go travel card with Platinum MasterCard Travel but not made it compatible with PayPal.?

Hi Eugene,

It's up to Paypal if they want to accept this type of card, I'm sorry you're unable to use it on Paypal.

Eugene Papers

Well it should be clearly stated at the start of the description/information or on the packaging. Everybody uses PayPal these days. It's faster checking out and is safe. There is no mention of it at all. If a card can't be used for PayPal then it not convenient. It's a deal breaker and a huge waste of time. You tell me it's PayPals decision but PayPal says it's your decision. So who is not being honest?

Molly

Mollyasked

I’m going America with this card this weekend and all the negative reviews across different websites have me really freaking out omg

Hi Molly,

I hope you have a great trip :) if you have any problems whilst travelling please call our Mastercard team on +44 207 649 9404 (overseas number) so they can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives