Australia's Own Organic Unsweetened Soy

Australia's Own Organic Unsweetened Soy

See the Best Milk in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Australia's Own

Bazz
Bazz

Revolting, old oil taste

This stuff is horrible. The worst soy I've ever had. I approached the company and only got a "we'll look into it" response. If not for covid I'd take all I bought back to the shop for a refund. At least they could have given me a gift card or some form of compensation. I bought 14 of the damn things. It ruins the taste of everything. The horrible old tasting oil they use in it is gross. What can I do with inedible garbage like this? Toss it out, it seems. What a waste of money.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles for $1.89.

Brooke Isabelle
Brooke IsabelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Revolting

I'm pretty sure half of the reviews here are positive because any negative review of this product warrants such a fine use of language that this site doesn't allow. Ever since putting this in my coffee, the bitter taste was so bad that it's almost taken me off coffee itself. Never again.

Philippe D
Philippe DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product well priced which surprisingly pairs well with my french press coffee.

Purchased at my local Coles but no longer supported by my local Woolworths. Priced under $2 a low carb clean smooth taste and froths densley. Give it a go for an Australian product deserving a place on retailers shelves.

Purchased in June 2021 at Coles for $1.80.

ishopper
ishopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best for people watching their carb intake

My absolute favourite soy milk because it's unsweetened and tastes great, very creamy! I've tried all the other soy milks out there and this is the best unsweetened soy milk because it only has 1.0 gram of carbohydrates per 250mls and tastes better than the other ones. So if you're on a low-carb diet, you can't beat it. Many other milks especially dairy milks have much higher carbohydrate levels almost equivalent to the carbs in a slice of bread. If you're not used to soy milk, it does take a few days to get used to the different taste, but with weet-bix or when making hot chocalate it's a winner.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles.

Jo L.
Jo L.

Bad taste!

Very bitter after taste with this soy milk. Bought two sadly will be pouring away.

So far bonsoy is the best tasting Burt expensive and I found one other which seems ok. This is the worst tasting so far.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.40.

Edward N.
Edward N.

This drink, I like it, another!

Personally I prefer this unsweetened taste rather than other sweetened soy milk. I do understand why some people do not like it because it does taste like original milk products. But this drink, I like it, another!

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles for $1.80.

Niteawk
Niteawk

To Me This Product is Almost Perfect

I buy soy or coconut milk on a regular basis. The flavour of Australia's Own Unsweetened Soy is great in tea or coffee or on cereal. The only thing that concerns me is that it does not show added calcium on the ingredient list. As opposed to So Good Unsweetened Soy which shows it has 50% of the RDI as well as other vitamins and minerals. This is an important consideration when choosing a non dairy milk.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles Online for $1.80.

Theodora
TheodoraSouth West, WA

Undrinkable

Just bought this because it was on special and now I know why. It is so disgustingly bitter it's undrinkable. Had to tip it down the sink. Don't have anything else to say

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $1.80.

Andrew R
Andrew R

Disappointed

This was my first time trying almond milk. It was extremely lumpy when first opened. Thinking it may be because I hadn’t shaken it enough, I ensured it was well shaken and tried it a Second Time with similar results. When using for hot drinks, it immediately appeared to curdle. When tasting it raw, it had little if any taste. Would not recommend of buy again. Total waste of money.

The attached photo is my cup of tea, 20 minutes after making

Purchased in February 2019 at New World.

Australia's Own
Diamond pro C.Australia's Own

Momiji8
Momiji8Melbourne

Froths really well, great taste, no added sugar

Bought box of 8 from Costco without ever trying it before. Surprised it froths so well in my Nespresso. Tastes great- no added sugar. Has more calcium that my usual regular milk. Found my new milk alternative

Creamy and good for cooking.

I use it to make hot chocolate, it froths nicely and unlike other brands (and cows milk) it doesn't stick to the pot or pan.
No bitter soy taste.
Need to shake the carton to stop sediment forming on the bottom, pack says store in fridge after opening and use within five days, it goes lumpy if you don't.

Revised review

A review was posted intended for Vita Soy - not this brand.

This review is now revised.

This brand is rated 3 stars - it has bad oils added to it which make it much less healthy.

Suz
SuzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sour aftertaste

I’ve had nice iced chocolate on almond milk so I thought I’d try it at home with this milk. Sour after taste and lots of floaters so it’s gritty. Will no buy again.

T. Cott
T. CottSouth East Queensland, QLD

Curdles when heated

Tried making a coffee twice with this milk, both times it curdled really badly (went bitty). The second time all I did was add the milk in last without pre-heating it and it still curdled as soon as it mixed with the hot coffee.

Shaz
ShazWestern District, VIC

Thick and creamy.

Makes the best tasting and creamiest cappuccino! Love it and drink it every day! It is organic which hopefully means no nasty pesticides - but unsure whether it is non gmo. Still worth 5 stars for the taste and creaminess!