Aware Super

See the Best Public Sector Superannuation Funds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Aware Super

• Rates and Fees

High Distinction

30 years since my first job with NSW government.
I am very satisfied with the performance of this super fund. Its performance is good in term of making profit in investigation and in term of its service.

Poor customer service.

I was told that I would receive a call back in 3-5 days, no replies. Sent an email, no reply. Received a call 4 weeks later and was told they would call back the next day, no return call. I was told that they are short staffed. Well hire more people please. I also question how they get their " green " advice. Buying five almond orchards is not a good environmental choice. It looks great on paper, but clearly you have received poor advice about a crop that is worse than cotton.

Eleanor Mitchell
Eleanor MitchellHunter Region, NSW

Really helpful

Aware really helpful and appreciated my lack of service with Australia Post that had been causing problems. Have been with this fund since the early 90s when they were State Super and they have always provided me with regular uptakes, availability of seminars and financial advice.

Fordy
Fordy

Cheerful, respectful service

My interactions with Aware Super have always been most satisfactory and I have never been tempted to use an alternative superannuation fund. Investment returns have compared well with other funds and any fund 'tweaking' I have wanted to do has been easily and swiftly accomplished. I recently had cause to make an enquiry about my account after my death, and was given a comprehensive answer on the spot by very engaging and respectful staff member. I would not hesitate to recommend Aware Super on the basis of my experience.

Prompt and efficient

Can't remember, Likely in excess or 30 years working for NSW health via former FSS. was able to transfer a number of smaller funds to FSS. Agent assisted preparing my retirement plan, especially with advice when i retired earlier.

JGLS
JGLSCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Appalling.

Jenny
JennyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Confident

I have been with the fund for five years and have had good service. I was surprised how my small investment had grown. I am very confident in this product.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Glad I'm with these guys.

excellent service, always available and always helpful. Have maintained the high level of customer service that I received with First State Super. The staff make an effort to understand your individual needs before any advice is given.

Kylie
KylieSydney, NSW

Poor sevice

John Ayling
John AylingSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very poor app

The current app is very poor I’ve had numerous issues . The staff have been helpful but the needs to function much better very dissatisfied ! Poor app hopeless won’t recommend unless major improvements .

Julie E.
Julie E.Sydney, NSW

Helpful staff and easy to access portals online

I've been with Aware Super for 7 years now and I'm very happy with their service. The staff are friendly and online access is easy to navigate as i have found since calling for advice.

Aware SuperAware Super

Hi Julie, thank you for your comment. We do appreciate the time you have taken to provide your comment. For any queries in the future, please call our service centre on 1300 650 873 or email us at enquiries@aware.com.au. Thanks, Veena.

JCT
JCTNorth Western Region, NSW

assisted me in a very timely manner

I was in First State, now Aware for over 30 years and am happy with the Super fund.
I am happy with the investments and the friendly and professional help when ringing for assistance.

Aware SuperAware Super

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us for any queries by calling our service centre on 1300 650 873 or email us at enquiries@aware.com.au. Thanks,Veena.

Julie E.
Julie E.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Efficient, friendly service!

Contacted Aware to find out about binding beneficiaries. I received all info that I needed plus helpful tips on using my online member account. The staff member was friendly, interested and went above and beyond what I had called about. Very glad I am with Aware Super!

Aware SuperAware Super

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us for any queries by calling our service centre on 1300 650 873 or email us at enquiries@aware.com.au. Thanks,Veena.

Sharon
Sharon

Great solid performing super fund. Great customer service. Excellent app

Great solid performing super fund. Great customer service. Excellent app. Have suggested it to others including family members and 2 of them have changed over already. Definitely would recommend it

SamwVictoria

Disorganised communication. Rude staff.

Samw

Don’t worry. Just improve your service pretending you are “”me””

JAKasked

What are your thoughts on their insurance? It seems unfair. These are the conditions in basic terms:
1)If your health changes (obviously for the worse), they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
2) If you make a claim, after paying the claim, they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
3) If your employment changes (with any increase in risk factors) they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
Has anyone had any issues with a claim or cancellation?

Aware SuperAware Super

Hi JAK, at Aware Super your death and, if applicable, TPD cover will cease in the event that your membership with Aware Super ceases or if there is not enough money in your account to cover the cost of your cover or unless you made an election. Your cover may also cease if your account becomes inactive for a continuous period of 16 months or more or you reach age 70 (or 69 in the case of terminal illness cover); or you die. If a terminal illness or TPD benefit is paid for your full cover under the policy or if you have any residual death cover after payment of a terminal illness or TPD benefit, the date this residual death cover is paid for you under the policy your policy will cease. Also, if you commence military service (other than in the Australian Armed Forces Reserve if you are not on active duty outside Australia) or if we receive your request to cancel your cover, your cover will cease. Please refer to our member booklet supplement- Insurance (https://aware.com.au/content/dam/ftc/digital/pdfs/member/pds/mbs/MBS_InsuranceES.pdf) for more information regarding the insurance options we provide to our members. We hope the above information has been helpful. Thanks, Veena.

JAK

So Veena, basically are my above 3 points are incorrect, depending on the conditions you mentioned? YES or NO.

The 3 points I mentioned above are the takeaways from your PDS, but of course it is very wordy and confusing. Hence I am asking you directly. For me to clearly understand & make the best decision can you just reply "YES" or "NO" to the each following questions:

1) Do you cancel the insurance when :
- "membership with Aware Super ceases or if there is not enough money in your account to cover the cost of your cover or unless you made an election"? YES or NO

- my "account becomes inactive for a continuous period of 16 months or more or you reach age 70 (or 69 in the case of terminal illness cover); or you die"? YES or NO

- "terminal illness or TPD benefit is paid for your full cover under the policy or if you have any residual death cover after payment of a terminal illness or TPD benefit, the date this residual death cover is paid for?" YES or NO

- I "commence military service (other than in the Australian Armed Forces Reserve if you are not on active duty outside Australia) or if we receive your request to cancel your cover?" YES or NO

Aware SuperAware Super

Hi JAK, thank you for your follow up message regarding the insurance cover available through your Aware super account. As everyone’s situation is different and where the PDS is not able to answer your questions, please feel free to contact us directly on 1300 650 873 or email us at enquiry@aware.com.au. We are here to help. Thanks, Veena.

sharon b.
sharon b.asked

Aware super I would like to know how your advertisement on TV represent super every time I see it I think of private health insurance not meaning to offend just my observation

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and we apologise for the delay in responding.

The intention of our film is to highlight the amazing work our members, particularly nurses and emergency services workers, do every day to care for our community.

Kind regards,

Sam

Fee
Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives