Verifiedaware.com.au

3.2
2.3
2.3
3.0

As of September 14th, 2020, First State Super rebranded to Aware Super. This rebrand also included the amalgamation of StatePlus.

Hao
HaoSydney, NSW11 posts

AWARE...Beware

Don't fool yourself by investing your hard earned funds with this bunch of cowboys.
They will try all the rubbish excuses to STOP you withdrawing your own super.
It's really the worst super fund I've ever encountered with over the last 3 decades.
Adrian G.
Adrian G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Great Fund

I've been with this super fund for a number of decades. Very satisfied with their performance. Great customer service! Wont be changing any time soon.
Anthony L.
Anthony L.

Obtuse and Infantilising

I spoke to a customer service representative yesterday. I was kind and polite, as ever. She refused to give a definitive answer to a straight forward question instead reading the the PDS which I had already done. But worse was when I interrupted her by accident, not hard to do on the telephone, and she proceeded to treat me in an infantilising manner. This is not the first time their obtuse attitude was evident. I politely truncated the conversation, she cognisant of my annoyance, none the wiser and considerably more stressed. This coupled with their relativistic Wokeness, makes me wonder why I bother. I am close to not.
Brian s
Brian sMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

happy camper

I needed some information which wasn't absolutely clear to a lazy computer illiterate who is old and can't be bothered trawling through a lot of irrelevant information,
I have been with this super fund for many years and I am very satisfied with the performance
Reece -.
Reece -.Hunter Region, NSW7 posts

Be AWARE! They are the worst Super fund ever

I was so sick that I had to leave my successful career. I couldn't go on. There was just one week between the time I left my job (due to ill health) and when I saw my GP who confirmed I was too ill for work. That one week in between was enough for Aware Super to reject my claim for a Total and Permanent Disability payout. It is now 30 years later and I am still in extreme poverty. Aware Super are the worst Superannuation fund you could ever go with. You have been warned.
ROBERT
ROBERT

BLOCKING ACCESS TO MORE SENIOR PEOPLE

Even when responses are not fully clear, accurate or sometimes simply wrong, lower level people refuse to share details of how to contact persons at a higher level to share poor experiences hoping that may lead to review of service levels etc
Wanderer
WandererRichmond-Tweed, NSW6 posts

Do not recommend

Been with them nearly 20 years. Shame didn't move to another fund years ago.
Always been very difficult to deal with, poorer returns than QSuper and almost impossible to make withdrawals after retirement. Had to transfer funds via another fund to access my money.
Obstructive, unhelpful systems and operators.
Deb B
Deb BHunter Region, NSW4 posts

Success with Inquiry

Solved my query on the first contact and followed up with kore information to my email. Easy to deal with.
roy
royGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Appalling, arrogant service representatives

Appalling service. The customer service representative was arrogant, and talked on top of me. When I asked them to allow me to finish my sentence, the hung up the phone on me!! Unbelievable!

I then phoned again and asked another representative to speak with a manager because I wanted to complain. The representative insisted that a manager won't call me if I have a complaint and tried to block me from talking with a manager.

Arrogant, entitled, rude representatives, that are incapable of providing a service with basic common courtesy! People like that should not be in customer facing role.

Regardless of what the fund performance is - I am switching now to another provider, who can treat their customer with a basic level of respect

S G.
S G.Illawarra, NSW

Great helpful staff that helped me on my retirement path

Friendly, knowledgeable and engaging staff, happy to help me with financial and retirement advise. They helped me start planning my retirement and steered me in the right direction. Nothing was a problem.
They booked me in to see a financial planner to discuss my future plans.
Eugene
Eugene2 posts

The excellent AWARE ADVICE TEAM

The officer I dealt with appeared to know exactly what I was asking for and gave accurate answers.
Eugene P.
Eugene P.

The excellent AWARE ADVICE TEAM

artur mair
artur mair

savety

completely satisfied very impressed with the security and communication personal assistance
Andretw
AndretwNortheast, VIC3 posts

Great services

Hi first time face to face dealings with Aware super since the movement from Vicsuper. Most impressed with offices and even more impressed with the service provided by Yevheniia. A most polite, efficient and interested young lady who made the paperwork transition to an income stream very smooth. Much better than dealing with ESSS Regards Joanne and Andrew
Zeroika
ZeroikaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service
Navigate the right place what I need

B.B.James

After our last interview with our Aware financial adviser it appeared that this service was being discontinued i.e. no financial advice and no yearly interview. This is disturbing in that circumstances arise where advice is needed. I also got the impression that should one ask for a meeting the fee would be excessive. A phone call to the office doesn't really cut it when large amounts of money are involved. Can anyone clarify this situation for me?

Andria
Andria

Aware Finance and Aware Super were fined $20million on 17th February this year for systematic and serious breaches ie $50million charged to customers for no service. It is listed on Google. They have 18 years to pay this fine

kerry g.
kerry g.

Members pay the fine...not the fund. Super funds have sneakily applied to the Courts to allow them to recoup fines from members funds.

Anne Ritchie
Anne Ritchie

Please send account balance for centre link purposes

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

on its way right now.

Ryan R.
Ryan R.

Not received yet!!! Hurry up!

JAK

What are your thoughts on their insurance? It seems unfair. These are the conditions in basic terms:
1)If your health changes (obviously for the worse), they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
2) If you make a claim, after paying the claim, they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
3) If your employment changes (with any increase in risk factors) they reserve the right to cancel the insurance.
Has anyone had any issues with a claim or cancellation?

Aware Super   DM