• Rates and Fees

JodieWestern Australia

Don't do it - Aware Super, the worst experience ever!

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Insurance with aware super

My super account below low in funds and so aware cancelled my insurance WITHOUT telling me and they didn’t even tell me about my low funds . When I found out and made a super contribution they told me I had to reapply for the default insurance. Letters from GP’s, specialist the whole lot!!! So ridiculous. I’ve been a member for years..now in the process of changing funds

I’m changing super funds

Kate

I don’t feel like I needed to reapply for insurance considering I have been with aware for many years and other funds don’t require you to reapply

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

dont bother

malcolm

Thanks for your response Beau. That was particularly quick. An answer to my original inquiry would not have taken any longer. Im considering my actions. Cheers Malcolm

Find out how Aware Super compares to other Public Sector Superannuation Funds

Poor website/Lack of communication/No secure electronic document submission

The website stalls and crashes. Today one of my accounts is not even listed and appears to have been completely deleted. They send out lots of generic colourful advertising via post even though I have requested only electronic communication. No secure facility for electronic document signing/lodgement - I live in outback WA and have had to find somebody with a printer so that I could sign a withdrawal request and post it to Wollongong because they won't accept an electronic submission, even though they have a WA office. I spoke to them a week ago and they have confirmed receipt of my request but it has still not been processed and does not show online at all.

ryab

ryabSydney, NSW

website not working

The website is terrible. I'm using a desktop computer and tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and I get the same problem.

I want to make an investment switch, and when I click on next nothing happens. I also get the 'oops this isn't super....' error message. The website has been bad for a while now. Every time I log in I get the loading spinning wheel, and I have to refresh to get it working. I guess fixing the site for member convenience is not a priority. How can I do a quick investment switch if I choose to do it now? Or should I just switch to another super fund, I think that might be the answer.

Non memberHunter Region, NSW

I am about to transfer all my funds to my husbands Super fund as I can not contact the Newcastle Office.

Steve

SteveIllawarra, NSW

Oops something didn't work. Please try again??

Oops something didn't work. Please try again. This is a joke of an app. I like to keep track of my super and cannot with Aware. About time to change super funds for the whole family.

Janette BrazelSydney, NSW

Nothing works

Can't get into website despite updating login details. Mobile app won't open despite re-installing. How dies Aware expect customer interaction if can't access our information. Nothing 'aware' about this brand.

Chris

Chris

Uncaring

I have been a member of this Super Fund for many years. Recently separated, under Court Orders (wording which was approved by Aware) husband needed to split some funds from his account with Aware (formally StatsPlus) to my account with Aware. After many phone calls and a letter no progress has been made. Their solution - open up a super account with Aware (formally Stateplus) have the funds put into this account, then rollover to my account and then close the newly opened account or operate two accounts. Certainly do not support their clients.

Tony

Tony

Unreliable.

Web site unreliable and login often unavailable.
Painfull process to merge Income streamimg account with regular account. You'd think I was taking THEIR money.
Consultants not helpful. Long wating time on the phone.
Currently looking to get out and join a fund that looks after its customers especially. Two stars is a regular score and Aware doesn't rate on any comparisons unless it is their own add.
Not a patch on FSS.

Jan

JanKimberley, WA

Not my Super - Review for death claim

Aware Super has recently taken over WA Super, and I can't believe the lack of communication and the 'hold ups' with our payout. There are unnecessary delays, with no clear reason provided. I was hung up on when they didn't like my questions. I will warn everyone I know away from this Super fund.

marilena

marilenaAU

Aware super

Since going from state plus to aware super it’s a continuous traumatic experience trying to log into my account there are days when I have no issues then all of a sudden it’s impossible to log in telling me my days it’s don’t match

Insurance Options

George M.Perth, WA

Stay Away

Only with Aware because of a merger with my old superfund. Stay away from Aware Super if i could give minus i would. it is a real mission to do a withdrawl and is a process and a half. I was also promised an email to arrive within 1 hr sill waiting a day after. My wife is with another super provider and her withdrawl was done online within 5 minutes everything identified online deposit to be made within 5 business days. Was advised by the lady that Aware will be on this new system in the next 18 months. These guys are stuck in the stone age!!!!

Like licking batteries

I have been in this fund for 13 years. I recently have been trying to roll over my balance into a self managed account. I have been delayed and ignored for about 6 weeks so far. Emails and phone calls not returned. In contrast, my wife went through this process with her fund and it was resolved almost immediately. Would recommend that anyone in Aware Super gets out ASAP. The only way I can explain their inefficient manner is that it is a delaying tactic.

Ehren.L
Ehren.L

Warren

Poor customer service .. can’t get my money

I submitted a form to withdraw some funds from my super account but the request was denied because I hadn’t used the form that has the new name on it despite the fact that the old and new forms are identical in terms of customer data that they collect. Rang the service desk and was told “someone” would ring me back and then was put on hold till I eventually hang up. Am looking at moving to a more customer focused fund.

helicopter

helicopter

Be “Aware”

When I joined 11 yrs ago it was called health super. Then it became first state super & now it’s aware super. That is 3 name changes in 11yrs. I think the latest name change suits this fund best.
Be “aware” everyone.
I would imagine they have spent enormous amounts of members money on these name changes.
They cannot escape the reviews by changing names. There are numerous reasons I left the fund. Some of those reasons are already covered in other peoples reviews, so I won’t rehash them.
The last straw was their delaying tactics when I attempted to roll out of the fund. I have totally lost trust in them.
I do not recommend this fund.

Slow to process

I have noticed my balanced self funded fund is slow to adjust balance when Stocks go up but quick when they go down !. Feel I'm being robbed of what little interest I could have made.

Graeme
Graeme

narrabeenSydney, NSW

Very limited social responsibility

This is my super company that I pay to lose money in the stock market. But it also continuing to invest in coal to produce electricity!! and other fossil fuels. To add further insults it is proposing to increase the bonus for CBA management despite the share price tanking, fines being paid to the regulator and lying and cheating customers as shown in the Royal Commission.
AwareSuper considers that by following Government orders to follow the law the Chief Executive of CBA is worth an increase in salary of $1million and bonus of $8.4.
Meanwhile my super has reduced.

kratov

kratovSydney, NSW

misleading and unhelpful.

I opened an account with first state super and they sent me an email saying I have 14 days to cancel it if I change my mind. I changed my mind and I called them today: 25/08/2020 and told them I want to cancel the account. the lady put me through to someone else who knew nothing. I told her again I want to cancel the account and it is my right. she said she was going to send me a form via post and I said no, I want it via email and since I do not have a printer I want to be able to sign it digitally. she refused and I hanged up. they have rules and do not follow them. disgusting.

willnash279Sydney, NSW

Name change is lipstick on a pig

I left years ago after crap returns, now they are investing $$$ in a name change?? How about portfolio management with a focus on returns. Leave now to a cheaper fund!

willnash279

Your fees are not competitive and this is a key factor in eroding any mediocre returns you may have achieved. Shop around folks and look at the fine print especially the fees.

Fee

Feeasked

I have a conservative growth strategy. Why have I lost over $7,000 in 15 days from my super?
The stock market does not reflect these losses and things are improving after COVID, yet I am losing money by the thousands.
Why are your investment strategies so poor? Or please advise why ‘conservative growth’ fund members are losing so much money?
I do not wish to change this investment option as it is meant to be safest and low risk so why the poor performance?
Not at all happy!

Dear Fee,

Thank you for your question.

Fluctuating returns are a normal part of the investment cycle. We have an investments team who are actively managing the allocation of risk in the fund to manage market volatility. At Aware Super, we remain focused on the long-term performance of your portfolio. There are three main ways we manage exposure to markets over time. These are diversification, active asset allocation and managing foreign currency exposure.

You can read more about our approach to investments on our website here: www.aware.com.au/member/investments-and-performance/how-we-manage-your-investment/investment-approach

If you have any other questions or would like to discuss your investment option with us further, we would love to hear from you. Please call us on 1300 650 873 or send us an email to enquiries@aware.com.au

Kind regards,
Natascha

Bill Ho
Bill Ho

Their conservative growth option has performed horrible when benchmarked against other funds. Aust Super Conservative balanced has delivered approx 8% more in returns over the past three years. IOOF has the multiseries 50 which is similar risk, this has delivered approx 9% more pa over the past three years. Aware has a very ordinary track record with investment performance. Vic Super had a much better strike rate but i understand they are not calling the shots under the new merger.

Ananth Nagesh.

Ananth Nagesh.asked

How to get payment code?

Hi Ananth,

Thanks for your message.

If you require any information that relates to your Aware Super account, please feel free to contact our Service Centre on 1300 650 873 or email enquiries@aware.com.au for more assistance.

We're here to help.
Beau

Kate B.

Kate B.asked

What is the interest paid frequency - annually, monthly, quartetly?

Warren

Your super account consists of a number of units that are invested as you choose. The value of the units will go up and down depending on the strategy you choose. Eg shares, property, cash. Interest is not paid like a bank account. The value of your units will change daily. :)

Get an answer from our members and Aware Super representatives