Bialetti Brikka

Bialetti Brikka

4.4

Stick to a few rules for consistent coffee and its a dream.

Always free up both valves before use. The inner valve is spring loaded, from inside, give it a press with some cold water when washing to ensure its free as well as the Top Cap!
    Use the water guide inside the unit.
    I prefer a medium grind but expereiment and level it off but do not pack it down.
    Ensure the flame does NOT extrend out side the base.
    As soon as you here the pressure burst, start pouring....
    Enjoy consistent (Capsule Waste Free) Coffee

Note! If you do allow the flame outside the base or leave it to boil dry then the seal on the safety valve will weaken and your pot is useless. I have NOT found anyone selling this part as a spare? Std Pots have them however they do not fit the Brikka!

Date PurchasedJan 2010
    Josh

JoshPerth

Okay machine but severely lacks consistency

The Brikka makes a good cup of coffee but the backpressure valve always gets stuck causing inconsistent amounts and strength/taste for the end product you get in your cup.
    I’ll be buying a Moka pot first chance I get to be rid of the ridiculous back pressure valve that hardly works on the Brikka.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Lemur1

Lemur1Williamstown

Real coffe done the real way!

I used to have a fancy and expensive Sunbeam coffee machine and then I was given this. Little by little I couldn't be bothered using the big complex Sunbeam and then after six months I realized I hadn't used it in ages! This is much simpler, much easier to use and a far purer way to enjoy coffee - never going back.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Moka Pots & Percolator Coffee Machines

Find out how Bialetti Brikka compares to other Moka Pots & Percolator Coffee Machines

Diana

Diana

Oh I love mokka!

The best way to get greatest coffee in the world! You really don't need pricey machines to have good quality coffee. Just prder simple mokka and good coffee and you are done. This one is very simple to use and it's good quality. Bialetti is great I love all of their products.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    Pooki2

Pooki2Moorabin

Delicious Expresso the proper way!

I love this machine - it meets my need perfectly and loading it up and getting the flame down low is the first thing I do every morning. I wait for the pkkkkkrrrrt sound as the coffee comes up and that's all there is to it. No need for anything else - this makes perfect espresso.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
    PCL

PCLPerth

Great investment

Makes great coffee every morning, absolutely love this purchase. This has saved us so much money from buying coffee. Only flaw is you can’t use finely ground coffee or the espresso will be weak. Otherwise I think this is a good investment for a home or camping in the bush.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
    4WDriver

4WDrivermelbourne

Took it camping

I learned the hard way last time in Queensland that a decent strong coffee can be a hard thing to find, especially off the beaten track. I bought this just for the trip and it was a total winner. I had people friendging up to me to try to get a coffee in the morning lol. Anyway it makes top notch coffee and weights next to nothing as its all aluminium. Great little device!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Teacakies

Teacakiesmentone

The BEST Coffee maker!

I really love this - it make real, authentic stovetop coffee,without all the flashing lights and gauges. If I get the tamping wrong, and the coffee is bitter, I adjust it next time. The machine is as simple and classic as possible. All I have to do is occasionally replace the (cheap) little rubber gasket and that's all. Too easy!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    OneLove

OneLoveFrankston

Simple Italian style coffee - the best!

I use this every day of the year. I have had more of these machines than I care to count. As soon as one dies, I go and get a new one. The lifespan seems to vary somewhat. They always need a new seal after a year or so and invariably at some point they will develop a leak and that it! Time for a new one. Whomever invented this in Italy, all those years ago just simply got it right. I am not going to go on about delicate aromas or anything - I will just say that these make the best coffee going, once you know what you are doing. The bloke below is on the right path with tamping pressure - that is pretty much the trick to it (an of course good quality fresh beans) Forget elaborate machines - simple is best!!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Freeo

FreeoNewcastle

better than Barista coffe

Date PurchasedSep 2016
    Fender67

Fender67Melbourne

My Favorite Coffee Maker

We have this, a french press and a Sunbeam espresso machine but this is by far my favorite. The Sunbeam makes OK coffee to but its a pain to clean and drag out and with the Bialetti I can just wash it up with the dishes. It makes superb honest espresso and this design is the Italian classic style. I enjoy the routine of packing the coffees and waiting for it co come up. Its my favourite

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Fitzy1

Fitzy1Melbourne

The Italiam Classsic

I love stovetop Espressos.
    I am from Melbourne so I am supposed to be endlessly going on about crema and extraction and so on but this is the coffee I drink at home and I love it. These are kind of like chess; easy to play but hard to master. Any dufus can fill this with coffee and get a result but there is a small window where extraordinary coffee exists and its all down to the grind and tamping pressure. If you have one of these you will occasionally stumble over the formula until you nail it.
    The Bialetti is an Italian classic. Well made, well designed and make great coffee. One thing to consider. Get a stainless steel one if possible as aluminium is not good for you.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
    Carolm79

Carolm79Melbourne

Authentic espresso so easy!

So easy to use and makes a perfect espresso. Great stove top machine, fill bottom section to fill line, pop in the coffee grounds, screw on the lid and wait approx 6 mins. The two cup doesn’t quite make 2 Aussie size cups but makes 2 authentic espresso cups. Easy to wash and dry. Looks great on the stove top too.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
    Grace

GraceSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it!

Bought this after I was dissatisfied with the strength of the Moka. It took about a week of trial and error before I could achieve that froth/crema. Much better taste than my sister's $400 auto coffee machine.

Pros
    - Easy to clean, although you have to be diligent so the finish doesn't get spoiled.
    - Consistent flavour once you get the hang of it. I'd rate it just sub-par of a great cafe-bought one, and better than a barista fail.
    - Compact

Cons
    - Stains on the inside very easily
    - A bit fiddly for some, not ideal if you're in a hurry to work because you have to clean it and dry it completely after use. (Ruined my Moka leaving it immersed in the sink all day)

Date PurchasedJan 2018
    Ivo

Ivo

Makes great coffee

The Brikka makes strong coffee, much stronger than the Musa. Wish it came in stainless steel.
    + Easy to clean
    + Takes approx 2 min to make a cup
    + Strongest coffee to make at home unless you have a machine
    + Great tasting coffee everytime
    - Crema seems to disappear as soon as poured into a cup.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

big$pender

big$penderSouth East Queensland, QLD

For when you need 'real coffee'

Date PurchasedMay 2017
    Ilijas

IlijasAU

Magnificent little stovetop pot!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

So brilliant we couldn't stop laughing.

Bought a 4 cup Brikka for my son who at 14 years is a pretty good barista (works in his mother's cafe) for use at home. Followed the instructions and 'washed' it thru 3 times (made coffee to throw away). This did the trick. Makes coffee twice as strong as the Bialetti Mocka (as per the claim. You have to pour as soon as the coffee 'hisses' to get the crema but this is part of the fun. Am getting him a 2 cup Brikka because there is too much coffee for a morning starter. We store any excess coffee for afagato anyway. Absolutely sold on the product.

Ortega

OrtegaMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Very good product

Makes good coffee and almost a crema. Use is fiddly as I was told to remove from heat the second it bubbles through and pour out straight away and toss the rest. Easy to clean unit. Once you learn the method it makes really decent coffee and for the price good value.

outbidder42

outbidder42

Not quite crema, but genuine flavour. Best home made coffee I've had.