Bialetti Moka Express

4.1

• Product is used
  • Consistency

Very danger

We bought in April since most of my local coffee shop were close due to covid 19. After 6 month used it, in one morning, my kitchen exploded. It turned up, this coffee maker couldn't release the steam properly, then it flew like a rocket ship, shattered my glass range hood, and created a hole in my ceiling. Lucky everyone was safe, only my husband who made the coffee had few bleeding from the glasses.

Purchased in June 2020 at Myer.

Rebecca Tate

Rebecca TateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of Italy in the home

First time using this style of coffee maker and it's just how they make espresso at home in Italy. Who needs an expensive machine when this little moka provides the same consistent results? I found it extremely easy to use and I got the Italian coloured design which is super cute.
My bialetti moka is 3 cup and this is 3 espresso sized cups, not 3 metric cups.
Just cleans with warm water.
Would recommend this beautiful Italian-made piece of art

Purchased in May 2020 at The Nile for A$57.20.

Noise Level
Consistency
Product is usedSeveral times a week
russiandoll

russiandollNew South Wales

For serious coffee drinkers who want a good coffee

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$48.94.

Moka Pots & Percolator Coffee Machines

Find out how Bialetti Moka Express compares to other Moka Pots & Percolator Coffee Machines

HannahP

HannahPHunter Region, NSW

The morning ritual

I purchased our perfect Moka pot for my partner who prefers espresso coffee & had been "making do" with an old French press set-up for far too long. The beautifully simple & classic Bialetti Moka became part of the morning routine overnight. Everything about using this pot is delightful & we haven't had a single bad brew to date. It's little cup runneth over with coffee of great aroma, flavour & temperature every time we set it on the stove, & my only sadness is that we should have bought one sooner.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for A$69.95.

Consistency
Long Mack

Long MackSydney

For coffee lovers

This is an excellent little coffee maker. The Bialetti Moka makes great coffee every time. It has stood the test of time for a reason - because the coffee you get always tastes delicious. It’s easy to use and quick to clean and the grounds go straight into the compost, so it’s very environmentally friendly. Very happy I bought this coffee maker.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Molly1

Molly1Brighton

Lovely little coffee maker

I bought this as a combo deal as it was very good value and haven't looked back since. It makes lovely honest coffee that you can really taste. I found the finest grind seems to work the best with this ad look forward to the volcano noise it makes every morning telling me "coffee is up"

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Kate

Kate

Great coffee

So much better than the coffee pod machine! Having fun experimenting with different grinds and roasts in this moka pot. Enjoying the process of actually watching the coffee bubbling up, it makes it feel like a nice slow enjoyable activity rather than a 5 second caffeine hit. I like the simplicity of making a coffee on the stove top this way. Very easy to use and easy to clean- just wash with water only.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Cesium3

Cesium3Hawthorn

Strong espresso - the best method!

I like strong coffee Italian style and in my opinion, nothing beats the Bialetti. Its simple, its a classic and it just works. I used to have something similar ( a copy) that I bought at the supermarket. This is head and shoulders better. The metal is machined to a much finer tolerance and all the parts are better quality. The last one had to be thrown out because the handle eventually just crumbled from the heat. This is only 6 months old but going strong. Delicious coffee!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
1969OK

1969OKgeelong

My Italian Friend!

This make the best coffee in my humble opinion. I ALWAYS have an Italian stovetop. This is one in a long life of stovetop coffee makers going back over 20 years. I just love the way coffee tastes in these and as soon as the current one wears out, I will immediately buy another - probably the same day as I will want my coffee! These are simple and let the actual coffee beans show their true flavor. For the best results use gas and keep the flame down as low as possible. Brilliant classic machine!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Janus5

Janus5Geelong

The Best Coffee Daily

Forget all the fancy electronic overly complicated coffee machines! This is my idea of a good coffee machine. It is so simple but then again, most excellent designs are. This pares back the process of coffee making to the bare essentials and does it brilliantly. I start each morning buy filling my Bialetti and the day unfolds from there. The coffee it makes is superb

Date PurchasedSep 2017
George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Forget the rest, get the best.

I have a set of these things, the tiny travel one, the massive one for big gatherings and this one which I use every morning. The consistency is great, and it keeps things simple, as long as it’s cleaned well (including removing the rubber seal) then it’s always a joy to wake up for.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Smoky75

Smoky75melbourne

The Classic Italian

I simple love this classic Italian coffee maker. I love the way it looks, I love the coffee it makes, the noise that it makes as the coffee comes up. I am not interested in owning one of elaborate silver home coffee machines because i have this. I make a pot in the morning and go back to it at different times during the day. These last for years and years and there is nothing to break down. Simple is best!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
selenia prestianni

selenia prestianni

A blessing every morning

Easy to use. The taste of coffe is really good and all the kitchen smell so good!! Easy to clean really practice. Sometimes I bring it with me when I am doing camping so it easy to bring it with you if you need. The bialetti are always the best quality

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Toz

Toz

Good coffee pot

Coffee is pretty good from this coffee pot. I can become hard to clean but I find bicarb soda works well. The coffee out of the pot tastes better than coffee from a coffee pod. It usually only takes a few minutes to cook. I have the 3 cup pot and it really only just makes enough for 1 cup

Date PurchasedMar 2018
jd

jdcessnock

Dangerous

Been using my old trusty pizzeti aluminium stove top coffee maker for many years. Finally it began to acquire a "taste" so I decided to go stainless. Bought a bialetti stainless 6 cup maker. Very pretty. No taste to the coffee but 3 times now I have sliced my fingers open on the razor sharp edge of the lid when cleaning it!!! Very poor design and one that is going to consign this product to the bin. Off to buy a new trusty non dangerous aluminium coffee maker

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Ignacio R.

Ignacio R.

Perfect Italian coffee machine

Extremely good coffee machine made in Italy. I’m really happy with this one but you need to know that it makes a really strong coffee and that in order not to burn the coffee beans it requires a little more practice than conventional coffee makers. A little complicated to clean, but you get use to it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
6AMCRISIS

6AMCRISISMelbourne

The oldschool reliable classic way to make coffee

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Madhuri

MadhuriSydney

This is my stand by appliance when I run out of capsules

I love this product, it is easy to use, just put coffee and water inside and hop it on the stove top. It uses ground coffee and there is no need to worry about capsules. I like using it and the coffee comes out great, minus the crema. The coffee is strong and does not have that perfect crema as from a bigger machine or a capsule. Still, it is very cheap to buy and cheap to use as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Easy and quick

Love this product for the stove top. I am a coffee lover and fuel on coffee multiple times a day. This traditional Italian product is great! Load it up with coffee, put it on low on the stove top, 5 mins tops and it's done. Coffee is always good, and then chuck it in soapy wart to clean. Done!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Nicks

NicksMelbourne

Great Coffee Percolator

I received this percolator as a Christmas present, and have been very happy with its use. It's relatively easy to use, although I'd recommend looking up some instructions or a Youtube video if you've never used one before. I've enjoyed my coffees and am using it every morning. It's not too difficult to clean, and so far I've had no issues in terms of design/quality. I have the '6-cup' percolator, which makes about 2-3 mugs depending on preferred strength and mug size.

Date PurchasedDec 2016