Bic Flex 5

Bic Flex 5

See the Best Men's Shavers / Razors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Longest Lasting Disposable Razor I've Come Across.

I was on vacation in Europe last year, when my Schick Extreme Sensitive 3-blade razor went blunt on me after about three weeks of usage. So I bought a packet of Bic Flex 5 5-blade disposables and started using one. After a month and a half of using it over there, I came home and kept using it - though over here I clean the razor after each use using the Razorpit cartridge razor cleaner. Over six months have now elapsed, and I am still using the same razor.

This is astounding performance. My previous longest lasting disposable was a Bic Flex 3 which got blunt (i.e. didn't shave close enough) after four months of usage and cleaning with the Razorpit.

When using a good shave cream or gel (not the cheap canned stuff), I find Gillette Fusion razors the less aggressive in terms of causing nicks and micro-nicks, and Gillette Mach 3 the more aggressive - and I don't like it much. I measure micro-nicks by applying alum after shaving and counting the number of stings. On my face, Bic Flex 5 sits in between these two in terms of aggression.

While I still like Schick Extreme 3 for being somewhat less aggressive than the Bic Flex 5 on my skin, in terms of life of the blades and resultant value for money, in my opinion, the Bic Flex 5 is the hands down winner.

I can't recommend any cartridge razor because men's skin reaction to them varies so widely, and is likely to differ from my experience. It would be pointless continuously buying Bic Flex 5 if it leaves one's skin red raw after usage - as the single blade Bic disposable and several double blade disposables do to my face.

But in terms of value for money and longevity of the blades, I have no hesitation recommending that men check out Bic Flex 5.
Regards.

Purchased in October 2018.

A great shave considering the cost

The best disposable shaver I've used so far. It has five blades so it's a very close shave - you don't have to go over the same area twice. I would recommend this to anyone who shaves regularly, as because there are more blades longer hair can clog up the head quicker. It lasted me a long time. Also comes with a precision edging blade for getting under the nose or for shaping the sideburns.