Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F

MPN: 2240F

3.7

Paul Stefaniak

Paul StefaniakNortheast, VIC

Good mop let down by battery life

I purchased the Spin Wave mop to clean my polished concrete floors. I was initially impressed at the job it was doing until the battery went flat after 13 minutes and 42 seconds. This equated to less than half the surface area of my living room. Added to this you have to wait another 4 hours until it recharges!! At that rate it would take 24 hours to clean all my floors! I'm looking for a mains powered version as this battery model is only suitable if you have a very, very small area to clean. There is excellent battery technology in the market now days but unfortunately Bissell have completely dropped the ball with this model, big fail as far as I'm concerned.

Purchased in July 2020 at Catch for A$329.00.

Dissapointed

DissapointedMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for quick clean

Great machine for a quick clean or ideal for a small flat.Amazing how much dirt is collected by the unit.would give 5 stars if the dirt section was a little larger however this is a very minor issue

Purchased in March 2019 for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Willow M.

Willow M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Great while it lasts - wont last long!

Purchased mop 3 months ago - absolutely loved it. Easy to use, quick and thorough clean. Unfortu ately this mop has not lasted long, despite the hefty price tag. Had issues with it in the first month, loud whirring noises, not spinning properly. Now, only 3 months after puchase, the motor has broken and we will be returning for our money back. We were not rough with this mop and used it just as it was meant to be used. Would not recommend as quality is disappointing.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$380.00.

Floor Type Linoleum
Steam Mops

Find out how Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F compares to other Steam Mops

DianneVictoria

Best mop ever

I've had a few different mops but this one is by far the best I've tried. Very easy to use as it glides across my tiles easily and leaves them streak free with little effort. I have a large tiled area and no problem getting it all done with the one battery charge. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts.

Trish81Mid North Coast, NSW

Wish I’d bought one earlier!

This map is absolutely brilliant. I previously had a manual spin mop Which I thought was great but this is that one step better. The tiled floors feel even more cleaner and the machine was very light to manoeuvre and easy to assemble. Being able to hold them up to spin over harder stains on the tiles was so easy as it also was to spray as I mopped, and store on the specially provided base. I also liked the fact multiple heavy duty and normal pads were provided and at a later date when they need replacing they are very cheap to buy. I am very very happy and would highly recommend it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$399.00.

Floor Type Tiles

missmegzeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive for what it is but I love it.

This is very much a smaller version of those big industrial cleaners you see in shopping malls etc. It cleans your floor for you all you have to do is spray and move it. It does a fabulous job and my tiles look spotless, it doesn't feel like it's worth 400 dollars though, but i guess its amazing what we will pay for convenience. Its 20 min run time does half of my large tiled house and the pads are washable. I have been using less and less of the included mixture each time to make it go further and it works just as well. It doesn't vacuum though like the crosswave does so you still need to do that before hand. I don't hate mopping anymore!

Sandstorm21asked

Hi Guys
Q1- Can someone tell me how long the "full charge battery" lasts
Q2- Has anyone tried this out on Vinyl Flooring and how do you rate it

Dianne

Hi, my fully charged battery has enough charge to do my whole house which has a huge amount of tiles. I haven't tried it on a vinyl floor but love it on my tiles.

Sandstorm21

ok thats fine but how long is that, for example - 1Hr, 2Hrs ???

Trish81

I take half An hour to do mine. A week later I haven’t recharged it and it will do it again so I’d say up to 2 hours at least. I love mine. It’s only four months old and I was using the cleaner that came with it but it left lots of circular streaks. I now use hot water and white vinegar and it’s brilliant. Hint buy replacement pads on eBay - so much cheaper.

wendlle

wendlleasked

can you use this on a floating laminate floor?

Hi there, yes you can.

Trish81asked

Can I just use hot water and white vinegar?

missmegze

can't see why not, good idea, although the water shouldn't be over 60 degrees c.

BingoBingo

A very small amount of vinegar mixed with the water may be ok - though I would only use what the manufacturer recommends during the warranty period.

Trish81

Good idea brad except I took out an extended warranty! I think it’s for four years.