Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F

Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F

MPN: 2240F
See the Best Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bissell? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
Stinky
StinkySouth East Queensland, QLD

Simply amazing

Finally a machine that can take out scuff marks on my Matt finish hardwood timber floors the scuff marks drove me crazy but after more than one use they are almost gone. Also works great on my tiled floors. Easy to use, floors left completely dry.

Purchased in August 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Jude
JudeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lovely cleaner

I just used my spin wave cleaner for the first time and being older found it so much easier than lugging a mop and bucket around.
I washed the whole house without running out of charge (don’t have a huge house) and with solution left.
The house smells really clean and fresh, which is great as I have two dogs
I strongly recommend this machine, will be washing my floors more now

Purchased in June 2021 at Catch for $400.00.

Jack Reacher
Jack ReacherCanberra 2600, ACT

It's O.K.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bing Lee for $400.00.

Gold Coast girl

I wish I had purchased one sooner

This spin mop cleans my tiled floor and vinyl tiles very well. The full charge lasts about 25 minutes so I mop my top floor, put the mop on recharge while eating lunch, and then recommence. Just make the whole house in time.
It is great that it is cordless, the mop is a little heavy to lift but has a good carrying handle. If you are a very small person or infirm you might reconsider.

I am using the Bissell cleaning fluid which was supplied with the mop but may follow one of the suggestions below of using water and vinegar.

Definitely recommend.

Purchased in February 2021 for $327.00.

Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Paul StefaniakNortheast, VIC

Good mop let down by battery life

I purchased the Spin Wave mop to clean my polished concrete floors. I was initially impressed at the job it was doing until the battery went flat after 13 minutes and 42 seconds. This equated to less than half the surface area of my living room. Added to this you have to wait another 4 hours until it recharges!! At that rate it would take 24 hours to clean all my floors! I'm looking for a mains powered version as this battery model is only suitable if you have a very, very small area to clean. There is excellent battery technology in the market now days but unfortunately Bissell have completely dropped the ball with this model, big fail as far as I'm concerned.

Purchased in July 2020 at Catch for $329.00.

Dissapointed
DissapointedMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect for quick clean

Great machine for a quick clean or ideal for a small flat.Amazing how much dirt is collected by the unit.would give 5 stars if the dirt section was a little larger however this is a very minor issue

Purchased in March 2019 for $399.00.

Willow M.
Willow M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Great while it lasts - wont last long!

Purchased mop 3 months ago - absolutely loved it. Easy to use, quick and thorough clean. Unfortu ately this mop has not lasted long, despite the hefty price tag. Had issues with it in the first month, loud whirring noises, not spinning properly. Now, only 3 months after puchase, the motor has broken and we will be returning for our money back. We were not rough with this mop and used it just as it was meant to be used. Would not recommend as quality is disappointing.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $380.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Dianne
DianneVictoria

Best mop ever

I've had a few different mops but this one is by far the best I've tried. Very easy to use as it glides across my tiles easily and leaves them streak free with little effort. I have a large tiled area and no problem getting it all done with the one battery charge. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2020 at Billy Guyatts.

Trish81
Trish81Mid North Coast, NSW

Wish I’d bought one earlier!

This map is absolutely brilliant. I previously had a manual spin mop Which I thought was great but this is that one step better. The tiled floors feel even more cleaner and the machine was very light to manoeuvre and easy to assemble. Being able to hold them up to spin over harder stains on the tiles was so easy as it also was to spray as I mopped, and store on the specially provided base. I also liked the fact multiple heavy duty and normal pads were provided and at a later date when they need replacing they are very cheap to buy. I am very very happy and would highly recommend it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

missmegze
missmegzeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Expensive for what it is but I love it.

This is very much a smaller version of those big industrial cleaners you see in shopping malls etc. It cleans your floor for you all you have to do is spray and move it. It does a fabulous job and my tiles look spotless, it doesn't feel like it's worth 400 dollars though, but i guess its amazing what we will pay for convenience. Its 20 min run time does half of my large tiled house and the pads are washable. I have been using less and less of the included mixture each time to make it go further and it works just as well. It doesn't vacuum though like the crosswave does so you still need to do that before hand. I don't hate mopping anymore!

Betje
Betjeasked

Hi all..
there seems to be variations in charge life of the mop is this happening later as it gets older or while relatively new..
it says 20 min use before you charge .. America has corded version as well as battery I wish we had the choice..

Gold Coast girl

You need to fully charge before use, I think we charged ours for about 2 hrs after purchase. After that maximum mopping time is 20 minutes before another recharge is required.

Paul Stefaniak

Battery life is rubbish considering it takes such a long time to charge. Maximum run time I got was 15 minutes which covered one quarter of my living room. Hence with charging time would take 8 hours to clean one room. Save your money, I sent mine back. There is a mains power model but unfortunately it’s not available in Australia.

BingoBingo

Battery life is indicative of the pads you use and the surface you're cleaning, it will need to work a bit harder with the scrubby pads and on matte/textured surfaces - so expect less runtime when using on those.

However if you feel there may be a battery issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to Bissell customer care - or message the Bissell Oceania page on Facebook/Bissell Australia on Instagram.

It is unfortunate the corded version isn't available in Aus, as having the option would have been nice.

P.S. I can agree with Gold Coast Girl regarding charging straight out of the box - best not to use a cordless product out of the box until it's fully charged first, just to condition the battery.

Atomic Aggie
Atomic Aggieasked

Does it clean the grout between the tiles? Sick of doing mine with a toothbrush!

Gold Coast girl

No it’s not that good. I wish it was.

BingoBingo

No, this isn't a grout cleaner. You may want to look at their steam cleaner called the Powerfresh Slim Professional for that.

FrankLo
FrankLoasked

Other than the Bissel cleaning solution, is there any other product that you have tried?

BingoBingo

Putting anything other than water or water mixed with Bissell solutions will void your warranty, and may even damage parts of your machine. The main formulas available at electrical retailers and online through Bissell are Hard Floor Sanitise, Wood Floor Solution, and Multi-Surface/Multi-Surface Pet formula.

Gold Coast girl

The dispenser of the cleaning fluid is just a bottle that you fill and slot into the machine. Once installed you click the spray symbol and the fluid is dispensed onto the floor. I find it hard to believe that it would damage your machine if you used say water and vinegar. I recently bought a bottle of the Bissell formula $14 for a litre at the Good Guys. Might not continue at that price.

BingoBingo

They've had many issues with people using things that simply aren't designed to be put into the machines (namely eucalyptus oil, bleach, or floor cleaning products from the supermarket) and it either reacting with the plastic bottle and mishaping it, or by eating away at the internals of the cap itself causing the entire contents of the bottle to dump onto the floor. Water + vinegar may be fine, but just be aware it may complicate or void your warranty. I tend to use about half the amount of what's recommended on the bottle to stretch it further for general cleaning, then amp it up if it's something particularly bad I'm cleaning.

See all Bissell Spinwave Cordless 2240F questions