HAAN Multi Purpose Floor Steamer SI-A70

HAAN Multi Purpose Floor Steamer SI-A70

A Good easy to use Steam Mop

I was after a steam mop which did not leave excess water on the floor, this model is not only easy to use, it cleans well and leaves only minimal water which quickly drys.

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for $140.00.

Floor Type Tiles

been long time and still fit and fine.

my house is a average size house, and i am using it, having 2 kids in house and cleaning bit of bathroom and kitchen is bit easy with this.. 2 mop pad are good quality and still going on- yes we do need hand clean some time but its a easy of being quick clean with steam. build quality is also very good.

Purchased in September 2017 for $217.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Broke after one use - junk!

We brought this mop hoping that it would be good but it stopped heating and was unusable after one use. Junk! We had a monster mop before that did an excellent job but it just took time to heat up. I would not recommend the Haan mop. I never got to use it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Brilliant Product

Bought this Haan Floor Steamer few months ago after reading reviews online and I couldn't be happier. I have owned the monster steam mop for 8 years and that doesn't even come close to how good the Haan floor steamer is. I purchased it from a local stockist as I wanted to see and feel the product before buying. Really easy to fill up the water and it glides so easily on the tiles. Not too heavy to handle and the attachments are great for cleaning the toilet and bathroom as well when you need that quick freshen up. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great product. Bad customer support

Hi,
I purchased the steam mop about 2 years ago and it was the best steam mop I have ever used.
I should have used it for less than 25 times in the last 2 years and it stopped working.
Upon writing to customer support, I was told there is no repair shop in Melbourne and I need to send the steam mop to Sydney warehouse at my own costs for to and fro courier charges and the repair will cost 40 dollars.
All up I was looking at about 120 dollars to get it repaired.
This was disappointing as I expected the steam mop to work for at least 3-4 years at its price point and secondly there was no repair option in Melbourne.

Would have given 5 stars if the support was up to scratch.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Brilliant!

This product has totally changed my floor-cleaning life! It is brilliant! I have never seen my floors look so good with so little effort. I used to spend hours trying to get my vinyl and tiled floors clean (we had two dogs and a cat) but just couldn't get all the grime off until I bought this steamer. It cleans perfectly. I am a very, very happy customer and would recommend this product and company to anyone who wants a great steamer for a great price and actually delivers what they promise. Well done Haan!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

very happy with it.

Cleaning power is quite good, makes the floors shiny. Easy to maneuver. I generally use two pads to clean the house, and wash them in cold gentle short cycle in the washing machine without using fabric softener.
The water tank seemed to leak a little water, and they are sending a replacement without a hesitation, good warranty service.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

One of my best buys

I bought this Haan steam mop 3 years ago now.
It’s still going strong, I’ve never had any problems.
I’ve just recently bought some new cleaning pads for it.
It’s easy to use and it’s the only thing that makes my tiles shiny and streak. I would recommend this mop.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Was great while it worked!

I bought this mop based on all the great reviews however as they solicit for reviews immediately i wanted to wait till i'd had it a while. I loved this mop. Was best ive used. Worked great, great to use, not too wet - tho a longer handle would be better for taller people. Easy to push around. However unfortunately it didnt live very long - less than 2yrs. Haan offered to fix at their cost but we had to pay shipping both ways as it was outside the 12mnth warranty however that would have been quite expensive. So disappointing & Expensive for its short life. I also didnt end up using any of the attachments that i was sold on. However if i got longer use from it it would have got 5stars. I cant bring myself to throw it away but i guess its not going to fix itself!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Third time luck: Finally got the right steam mop

So this was the third steam mop I purchased on my quest for the perfect one. My criteria: Easy to use, long cord, easy to store, storage heat pad, easy to fill, not too wet on the floor, gets hot quickly, florr dries quicklly, don't have to push it to billio,can do tiles and wooden floors and well priced. The Hann covers all thoses bases but is pricey - but worth the extra dollars.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Impressive Steam Mop

Only used twice but absolutely delighted with results. Previous well know brand mop left water all over tiles, this one dries within minutes. Loved the long electric cord, easy enough to manuver corners probably could do with improvement. Water tank easy to refill and in a medium sized home refilled twice. So far I am very pleased with my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Very disappointed

My steam mop arrived a week ago.
I unpacked it the following day, read the instructions to assemble, when I noticed one of the hand held steamer buttons to release it from the main mop is jammed and I cant unjam it without risking damage.
I have left at least 3 phone messages on their phone number, and also emailed the company. I haven't had any reply and I am getting to the point where I will just return it if this is their level of customer service.
I am even happy to drive from the Central Coast to Auburn (at least a 3-4 hour round trip for me) to replace the hand held component, but I get no response form the company.
I am extremely disappointed with HAAN as they appear to be very happy to sell the product, then do nothing to assist after the purchase.
So much for getting my floors cleaned before my guests arrive :(

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dear. Customer Good afternoon. We apologise for your inconvenience with the HAAN steam mop. Let us send the replacement immediately. Could you please send an email to admin@haanaustralia.com.au with your details (name, delivery address, order ID)? Once we receive your email, the replacement will be arranged as soon as possible. Once again, we apologise for your inconvenience. Thank you.Thank You . I have sent you an email in response.Dear. Customer We keep checking our emails, but haven't received your email yet. It seems that there is some system error to receive your email. Could you please re-send the email to admin@haanaustralia.com.au or admin@k2a.com.au? Looking forward to your email soon. Thank you.

It is my favourite appliance!

I was reluctant to purchase this mop given the cost, however, it is worth every dollar and each time I use it, I feel a quite pleased with myself. Great maneuverability. Tank needs to be refilled quite regularly, however, that just means there is steam pumping through, so bring on the steam, I say!
However, the vibrating plates shorted out and sparks flew out the bottom. I don't know how to get it repaired and will be really disappointed, if it can't be fixed.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Efficient Mop - gentle steam low pressure - fragile water bottle as previous reviewer

I do my research before buying most things. Choice Magazine is my standard reference.
The HAAN was voted no. 1 by Choice and HAAN claims this through and through.
But that was in 2012 (or 2014) I forgot. $230 via eBay (Klika shop).
Summary:
I bought the HAAN in Jan 2017. Its made moping a lite workout. Very easy and lasts enough for my kitchen and dinning area with 1 tank. I would recommend it for general use. The detailed version below..

I use the mop weekly for the kitchen and dining area. It works great on ceramic tiles that has low/middle level stains. The pressure isn't high enough for very dirty areas. At first it doesn't look like there's much done as the steam output is very little and doesn't leave the floor wet. Very pleasantly surprised after using the full tank for 10min in the kitchen. Walk on a few minutes after due to the steam level.

I can't say effectiveness on carpets as my carpet is untreatable. I use it in the bathroom, toilet, laundry - any area that I can twist the head to get some sanitation on the surface. Table tops - yep! The reason I believe is the amount of steam output. Its not high pressure so doesn't damage.

Overall - its great for a weekly 10 min mop of kitchen and dining area. That 1 tank. 2 tank for bathroom, toilet, laundry and table top/sink top. I use distill water every few tank (cleans the machine). You can of course use the sachet after 10 uses.

However, that water tank is weak and fragile. Mine came with a little crack (I couldnt be bothered sending it back). Sometimes water leaks from the rubber seal if you are not precise latching it on. That is the weakest flaw. EVERYTHING FROM THE HAAN DISTRIBUTOR IS A RIPOFF!!! As such after sales replacement gets the minus star (you have to look after your customers after sales for full 5 stars).

Oki doki - have fun mopping.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Water bottles kept breaking withcracks even after 2 uses.

I bought this mop and had it replaced in less than a year even being used only number of times on a small kitchen.

The other negative about this machine is after complaining and several replacements, they still never replaced their brittle and fragile fault water tank bottles that are so expensive to buy. You have to buy the container and cap seperately.

The plastic material is so brittle that after 2 uses literally On a small kitchen, for some reason the bottle keeps getting big cracks and sometimes holes even with the cap itself.

So you end pretty much spending so much repeatedly on the bottles alone making it more expensive to buy this machine overall in the long run. I would rather go back to old school mopping system.

Even after I mentioned it to haan, they try and say my warranty has expired refusing to listen about their poor quality faulty parts.

I was happy at first but permanently not.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Great Product

We are extremely pleased with our new Steam Mop. I have severe back problems and an ordinary mop is very difficult and clumsy to use, but the Steam mop is a breeze.
Only downside is can't hang it on wall for storage and falls over if not leaned against something. But still love it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

The best all round steam mop I have ever used.

My wife almost didn't buy another steam mop after her experience with other brands, but this one is a beauty. Cleans well, and not much water left on my nice hardwood floors. Easy to fill. Easy to push. Easy to change pads and they wash well. The tough little scrubbing brush really did clean the grout (still a tedious job) and with water based degreaser and the wand I managed to clean the stove extractor fan filters. This steam cleaner/mop is worth the extra dollars. It appears to be very strong and well built, so should last much longer than our past disasters.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fantastic, and excellent service! Would buy Haan again and again and again!

This is the best mop ever. Easy and simple to use, and when we had a small issue with it, the Customer Service was unbelievably helpful and prompt. In this day, this is unfortunately a rare commodity, but I would have absolutely no hesitation in buying a Haan product again - price is not really an issue when you are buying this quality and service. Love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Cuts cleaning time hugely and does a great job!

Cleaning our tiled kitchen and bathroom floors is absolutely my least favourite housekeeping task and I wanted to make it less of a chore so looked into a steam mop. Researched online and Haan seemed to have the most favourable reviews so took the plunge. So far I have used the mop and lift-off unit to clean the kitchen and bathroom floors, toilet, bath, sinks, shower, mirrors and fridge and I love it! It has turned tasks I hate into ones I now quite enjoy! It is powerful and does a great job without all the cleaning products I used to use and their horrible fumes. It has turned mopping the floors from a 30 minute to a 5 minute job and gets everything so clean - my bath is literally sparkling like brand new. The reason I did not give it 5 stars is because it is a little heavy and the hand held attachment can be a bit heavy to hold. I also would have liked more attachments like a window squeegee but regardless, this is a great steam mop and I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Cleans well but very streaky/cloudy residue on polished tiles

I have porcelain tile floors and it is easy to move around. For stubborn stains, I just leave the steam on it for 15-30 seconds and it removes most stains well. It is easy to refill but I find that I dont need to refill it and I have a large floor area to clean. The cord is a good length for my floors. The only thing I dont like at all is that it leaves my floors with a very cloudy film. They are highly polished porcelain tiles and they are always very streaky which really annoys me. I find That I always use my normal mop and just use the steam mop when they are really grubby. Bit disappointing really. It would be perfect on normal tiles but probably wouldnt recommend for highly polished surfaces.

Date PurchasedMar 2017