Blanco DINAS8S

Blanco DINAS8S

See the Best Sinks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Magenta

MagentaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with Scratches and Flimsiness

I read all the reviews of this sink, and still went ahead and purchased it because I really loved the layout and design. I thought if I was careful, the sink would be fine. It was scratched before I even started to use it (I don't know how) and has continued to get worse as it is used. As only my husband or I use the sink, it has not had rough treatment, but looks as if it is years old. We realised last weekend that if the draining board is hot (eg washed off with hot water) the whole thing flexes when it is pressed on (lightly) and feels very flimsy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $186.00.

LillyMelbourne

This sink feel as thin and cheap and I would not buy again

Mauri

Mauriasked

I purchased a Blanco sink as part of a kitchen refit. The kitchen sink had scratches and rust marks after only a few months and the water from the tap to sink bounces straight out on to my cupboards.
Has anyone else experienced this?

notamused

notamusedasked

Hi Lilly, I purchased a Blanco One & Three Quarter Chrome sink 5 months ago I had my stone bench top cut out to suit their sink. Although it looked great when it was fitted it started to show small rust blemishes at the bottom of the main bowl & even both drain hole flanges after only a week, these got worse as time went on. Also both bowls & drainage grill would easily scratch & the annoying scratches couldnt even be removed through scrubbing! After ringing to see what could be done by sending someone to inspect the sink, the service advisor kept insisting that I had used something that caused contamination therefore causing rust to appear, I assured him it wasn't the case & I also asked him why them does the drain flanges & dry plate grille etc scratched so easily, he refused to even listen - Great service! May need to take it further doesn't seem right... If your Blanco sink was approx. 1158x500 externally can u please tell me what top of bench sink would be compatible? Cheers

Lilly

Hi notamused....That's REALLY annoying, not just about the sink but about the service!!!
I was told years ago - not by someone at Blanco - that the rust mark that showed up in my old Omega sink was caused by another metal object, like a can I had left in the sink. The SS doesn't rust but other metal will leave a rust mark on it that I removed with a Stainless Steel cleaner. Or even something like Jiff also removed it.
As for replacing your sink. I would go somewhere like Reece Plumbing and ask them to try to find a sink to suit your cut out hole. That's what I did. It was so much easier to go there and have them look through their computer and all of their catalogues to get the right fit. Luckily they were able to find a new one for me.
It's a Blanco LIVIT6S Centric and so far it's been OK...but it's not perfect. It still shows up scratches a lot more than my old Omega sink did.
It's dimensions are 1000 x 500 and the cut out needed is 982 x 482mm.
Have a look on the Blanco website and see what you can find...My Livit sink is better than the Dinas but not by much

The service I got from Reece Plumbing was really fantastic, unlike the service I (and you) got from Blanco.

I hope that was a help. Let me know how you go

Get an answer from our members and Blanco representatives

CategorySinks