BMW F800GT

BMW F800GT

See the Best Sport Touring Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KeithC

KeithCSouth Australia

Great all round bike

Bought new in 2015, have now done over 68000km without any problems, just servicing every 10000km. Can get hot around the thighs on a hot day but easily fixed with strips of foam between the frame and fairing. Still on original drive belt, these are now available on eBay a lot cheaper than dealers. Only item I fitted was cruise control. An easy bike to clock up big kms on with great economy

Purchased in October 2015.

Noise Level
Handling
Suspension

WiffaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Bike

Purchased new 2015 after selling my Harley. Complete change as you would expect. Included in the price were panniers, comfort seat, centre stand, heated grips and the list goes on. Going from a 1450cc to 800cc was not as I expected and was more than surprised with acceleration. The handling is brilliant with the fuel tank mounted in the frame lowering the centre of gravity giving the bike a feel of security in tight corners. The 15lt tank seemed small in capacity but I am easy getting 300km and fits in perfectly with rest stops. Cruises well at regulation speeds 110km.
If you want a reasonably cheap bike with all the kit this is the choice.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

FPiragibeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An Absolutely Great All Rounder

billhughesasked

Hi All,
I have heard a rumour that with 2013 version F800 GT and low mileage, there could be a problem with front suspension or suspension seals??
Or is this only related to a bike sitting idle for many months at a time?

Thanks for any input,

Bill

Bill.
Have not heard this suggest you ring BMW, I have found to be honest in the dealings I have had with them.

Regards
Pete

billhughes

Thanks Pete - It was the first I had heard of such a thing.
I reckon if a bike stands idle for a long time and not 'laid up' properly, then things can deteriorate, oil settle and seals dry out etc.
However, I have really low miles due to rotational work in Africa, but the bike has been run at least a couple of times every other month to keep things running smoothly.
Thanks again.

Bill

FPiragibe

Never heard of it, Bill. Mine is still fairly new - around 17,000 km on the clock- and still flawless. As said, better ring BMW. Well, my bike sometimes stays put 6 weeks in a row and, so far, all looks good. But it's a 2014 model.

moreorles

moreorlesasked

Hi, thanks for your excellent review. Have read elsewhere of heat around your legs being an issue. Have you noticed this?

FPiragibe

It's no big deal for me, but it happens. You will notice it more if you're stuck in traffic and riding at very low speeds. In this particular case, it can be annoying, sometimes; otherwise, either it's not noticeable or is very mild. But I live in South Australia, where it's cold most of the year; if you live in the tropics, I would recommend a test ride at low speeds, just for you to see whether this can be too annoying to you or not. Same happens to my wife's F800R (2013 model).

Get an answer from our members and BMW representatives