Boowiggie Ella Duo

See the Best Nappy Bags in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best nappy bag!

I bought my Ella Duo nappy bag about a year ago now, just after I had my second bub. This bag has been fantastic. It delivers on what was promised, holding everything I need for a baby and a toddler, but also looks stylish enough to double as a handbag. The bag has been great quality and I've recommended it to my friends.

Very poor quality leather

My mother-in-law bought me this bag as a baby present. I loved the look, feel and functionality of the bag. However, within weeks the islets on the bag holding the rings connecting the handle began to tear away. I contacted the manufacturer and was told to destroy the bag and give photo evidence. During this process, I could tear the leather like fabric - it is definitely a bonded leather, not hide. I was given a full refund, however there was never any apology for the inconvenience. You get what you pay for!!

Great value and quality!

This bag is a Good size, good quality, good value and very stylish. Highly recommended. Really good for plane trips.

Good value for the price

I wasn't sure what to expect from a cheap leather baby bag, and I can't say that I'm completely blown away but there are a lot of things that I like about this bag. I've been using a skip hop duo and after 18 months it's still going strong but has a bit of wear on the canvas material and I wanted to get a leather bag so that it would last through my next child still looking good. Overall I can see with my eagle eye where the corners have been cut in order to make this bag cheaper; and my first impression is that it's no big loss and quite acceptable. This bag is also designed practically and very well.

The leather is very soft (which is the only way I like leather) and the colour is very bright (I got the red one). The leather is also very thin - perhaps this is to help keep the price down but regardless I consider it a feature, because it's actually no heavier than my canvas baby bag. One thing that stopped me from buying leather originally was the fear that it would be too heavy to carry, and I certainly don't have that fear with this bag, despite its large size. The only disappointment that I really have is that I can see the stitches holding the front pockets on and I wonder how this will wear over time; and a very small thing but the strap to attach your keys to inside isn't perfect - it looks like it's been sewn together with uneven material, not all the stitches cover the leather on one side and I wonder if it will come apart after a while. Hard to explain. But it isn't visible from outside of the bag, and also, I probably won't use it. It only annoys me because I'm a bit OCD. The lining is wipe-clean, but the pockets/lining are also very thin and I worry that it might rip or tear easily with use - I'm sure I'll find out. There's 2 pockets on one side of the bag as well as a central pocket with a zip. This isn't as good as it sounds. When there's heaps of stuff in the bag, trying to stuff something into the zippered compartment is a squeeze. It would be better off with big pockets on the side of the bag interior rather than the middle in my opinion. That's what my skip hop bag has and it's very handy for storing nappies where they can be easily grabbed. Maybe boowiggie might incorporate this into one of their future designs ;)

This bag would be very easy to hang from pram hooks; it's also got a full leather shoulder strap that is adjustable. My last bag only had an adjustable cross-body strap and I found the lack of a shorter strap annoying at times when I just wanted to pick it up and carry in my hands, so I'm really happy to have this. It also has a cross-body strap that has 2 layers - canvas and leather - which is great because it still looks elegant hanging on your shoulder but has the added strength of canvas. The cross-body strap is adjustable and removable and the company suggests wrapping it around the pram in order to hang it, I haven't done this yet but I will test it out.

The pockets on the front are great and I pretty much don't buy bags unless they have this feature. The pockets on the side are a head-scratcher. They only fit a bottle, none of my son's drink bottles. I breastfed last time and probably will again, so I'm not sure what use they will be to me. Unless I find a really slim water bottle.

I can't comment on the change mat because I got this bag on clearance and it came with the travel change wallet as opposed to the usual change mat. My bag is red and I wouldn't have normally chosen this colour if I wasn't buying a 'bargain' but I think I'm quite happy to have gone with something a bit different. It's also really easy to find red leather polish for touch-ups in the supermarket so I am looking forward to the bag getting some wear and seeing what happens to the colour (I like my leather bags to take a beating).

The wet bag is cute. I've already got some wet bags, and they came in handy before I started using nappy sacks. I'll probably start using this when my newborn arrives for storing dirty clothes in if the need arises.

It's got 4 metal 'feet' on the bottom of the bag. This is nice to have, because my other baby bag doesn't stand up by itself, it's constantly falling over which is annoying. It's nice to have a bag that will stand up by itself, and also it will help to protect the bottom of the bag - my other leather bags are definitely showing wear on the bottom.

I like my bags to be super practical with pockets and organisational options galore. I also use everything to death and fully intend to put this bag through the ringer - on first impression I give this bag 4 stars, but I'll be back to update my review after it's had the test of time and I'm very curious to see how it will wear.
Lightweight, shoulder & cross-body straps, front pockets, Boowiggie online store very communicative
Some very minor gaps in attention to detail in manufacturing process

After about 15 months of pretty heavy use, I can see the corners near the top of the bag are starting to tear a bit (location is hard to explain). This is about 2-3 mm of tearing in those sections. I've used some leather conditioner on those areas. There was also another area where the top layer of the leather (a very small section, about 5mm) peeled off. I used a nail file and some red leather dye to touch it up. I have some Mimco bags and they have both had similar things happen with them, albeit with a few more years of use. I'm still happy with this bag, and for a bag that spends a good portion of its time hanging off a pram (and sometimes through the night when I forget to take it off), the tearing is to be expected. Now I'm back at work 2 days a week and my youngest is 15 months, I'm using this as a work hand bag, it's great for the bus & the long walk to day care. I'd love another in a different colour.

Fabulous, stylish bag!

I was in the hunt for a bag that was stylish for me, as a lover of a good bag, and practical as a mum to two small kids. I have found the perfect compromise in the Ella Duo bag. It is a fabulous size, sits nicely on both my pram and stroller, and has plenty of storage for all my bits and bobs, and that of a toddler and baby. Plus even when full its not a struggle to try and zip it closed. You can't go wrong with this bag. I have the red one and its just gorgeous.

Practical and Stylish

We have the Ella Duo bag in electric blue, and we love it! Not only is it stylish (everyone comments on how lovely it is), but it is so practical! Having 2 bubbas under two, I need a nappy bag that has plenty of room, durable, and easy to keep everything organised, and I found the Ella Duo to be just that! The external pockets make grabbing the essentials quick and easy, while the larger internal pockets make them great for storing an abundance of nappies, clothes and snacks.

The bag is beautifully made with lovely soft leather, and I can’t explain how much I love the vibrant colour (that is colourfast and durable). I use it every day and it cops quite a beating, and it still looks new.
Stylish, Looks like a handbag, Large without being too big, great pockets on the outside of the bag.
It makes me want one in each colour!

Great, sophiscated and practical nappy bag

I purchased the Ella Duo as a treat for myself but also wanting the practical requirements of a nappy bag - the Ella Duo satisfies both! Lots of storage, I can fit so much of bub's items in it, plus room for my handbag essentials. Red leather looks great, I have received many comments on it already. The bag sits comfortably over the pram handlebar as well.
The look, feel, practical nature of bag
Can't fault it at the moment!

Fantastic Nappy Bag

After purchasing all the 'have toos' for our first baby, I decided to buy myself something for me as a new mother. So the Ella bag was a present for me and I'm so glad that I treated myself! It's a fantastic bag that has been well designed to provide lots of space and places to put things. It's also very well made from beautiful soft leather and looks great! And compared to other similar bags...a good price as well!
Practical, well made and stylish!

Excellent quality for an excellent price!

When I received my Ella Duo bag I was most impressed. The bag not only looks stylish but is extremely functional and of great quality. I also expected to pay a lot more for a bag this well made. I will definitely be using my Ella Duo bag when my baby has grown out of nappies. The customer service team were great to deal with and postage was speedy and efficient. Thanks Boowiggie!
Value for money, stylish as well as functional.

Great quality bag

I actually bought this as a present for a pregnant friend and when I received it in the mail before giving it to her I found myself very impressed. The bag was very well made in a gorgeous leather and I'd even buy one of boowiggie's bags as a normal everyday handbag! It had plenty of well sized pockets as well for whatever you may need them for and fit heaps in it. My pregnant friend was also thrilled with it, as were some other mum friends so will definitely be recommending these bags to others!
Gorgeous, well made, great size

Awesome stylish nappy bag

I've had a number of nappy bags over the past two years but nothing as fantastic as my Ella Duo nappy bag! It's made out of gorgeous soft leather and is so functional with a number of very practical pockets on both inside and out. They have thought of everything with the design, and there's nothing I can fault. My favourite design feature is the insulated bottle holders that are on the outside of the bag that my daughters water bottle fits perfectly in - no more hunting around in my nappy bag for her bottle, I always know where it is, and even better, no more wet handbags because of leaking water bottles that were thrown in the bag in the rush to get out the door! The quality is great, the zips are nice and strong and I love that there are three zip pockets where things can be hidden away from prying little hands. I also love that it doesn't look like a nappy bag and in fact, it's a great travelling handbag too, even if you don't have you little ones with you! I was a little unsure about buying a leather handbag online without seeing it first, but it was a risk well worth taking.
Great price for a leather bag, very stylish and doesn't look like a typical nappy bag, good quality, perfect size, great amount of pockets both inside and out

Great Nappy Bag

I purchased this bag as a gift for my cousin who is expecting her first baby. I could not have been happier with the service I received from Boowiggie and with the bag itself. My cousin loved the bag and couldn't believe it was an actual nappy bag as it looks like a designer bag. I will definitely be purchasing a Boowiggie Nappy Bag when I have kids myself!
Great value for money, looks fantastic, love the extras like the wet bag, change mat and insulated pockets!

I love my Ella duo nappy bag! It's great quality and has enough room for all my baby needs. I love that you can use it as a shoulder bag (swing over pram), or handbag. Fantastic service, and a wonderful product!! Thank you for your lovely feedback xoxo Boowiggie

Another Winner Bag - Boowiggie Quality Shines

Thank you Boowiggie, the Ella Duo is very stylish and super practical. I love the amount and size of pockets and the insulated pocket is a great idea. Lovely soft leather, with additional versatile strap for cross body or over pram is excellent. Water proof lining is fabulous for those occasional spills.
Great quality leather, fashionable, very affordable, super practical
Would be better to have pale lining to make it easier to see contents.

Fantastic Nappy Bag

I am extremely happy with my choice of nappy bag. Gorgeous soft black leather, lots of pockets/compartments inside and out, big enough without being too big and doesn't even look like a nappy bag. The pockets on the outside are perfect for holding my bits n pieces such as my oversized walket. It comes with a handy change mat and wet bag too.
Well priced, excellent quality.