Fantastic little power saw
Was looking for my first circular saw and did some research, went to different shops and picked up saws and had a look at what was out there from various manufacturers in this size. Have to say I'm delighted with this saw. Powerful motor (1,400W), very comfortable, good for right and left-handers and it doesn't weigh a tonne.
The only thing that's gone wrong was that the dust extraction bracket broke, which was partly my fault anyway. The only other thing I would mention is that if you're using the guide fence, the minimum distance from the ...blade you can cut is pretty much the face of the blade to the front of the foot plate (i.e. if you want to cut off a 10mm strip, you'll need to get a straight bit of low timber and clamp it down to use as your guide). Very happy with the saw. Powerful, compact, light, comfortable. Guide fence doesn't allow for cutting thin strips (see main review), broke clip for dust extraction
Questions & Answers
Sorry, there are no questions yet.
- The Bosch GKS 190 Professional circular saw has an input power of 1,400W and goes at 5,500rpm, giving it the torque and speed needed to tackle a variety of working materials.
- For 90° cuts, it can go as deep as 70mm, and 50mm for 45° bevel cuts.
- It has a noise level of 107 decibels, which is considered just quieter than a rock concert.
- It can quickly saw through different kinds of wood and timber products, such as OSB, plywood, MDF, and roof battens.
- The saw comes with a spindle lock, making changing blades safe and easy.
- An air blower, soft start, and dust extractor also make this tool simple to use.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.