3Ozito CMS-1621

88% · 71 · 13%

Stephen
StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA33 posts

Very good for price

Bought this mitre saw from Bunnings to make wooden garden beds. The assembly was very easy, the stand took longer than the saw itself. I was able to cut 45mm timber without any problem and the cut was very smooth. The dust but doesn’t work at all that’s why I gave it a 4/5. The stand’s height was very good compared to my height (5,5”). My only wish is for it to have laser because I have to lower the blade every time I need to check where to cut. Show details
Brian M6 posts

Brian M

I found With a bit of careful adjustments on backstop bolts close accuracy of 0 and 45 degree cuts can be achieved.

Shaxpier
ShaxpierSydney, NSW115 posts
Peter
Peter3 posts

Awesome value and perfect for DIY!

Bought it for cutting pine and melamine particle boards and it has been awesome. Haven't had to adjust it out of the box. For building stuff around the house like wardrobe shelves, etc it is perfect. The blade it comes with is fine however haven't known any better. If you measure it accurately then this will cut accurately. Show details
daleala
dalealaVictoria20 posts

For what you pay, it is fairly decent. DIY use only

I bought this for just shy of $80 at Bunnings. The saw blade is fairly decent, cuts through pine like a hot knife through butter. Cuts fairly well through thick heavy redwood.

The saw blade is not completely aligned, I had to align it with a speed Square to get Square cuts.

But for $80, I am very pleased.

Very easy to set up, nice solid and heavy, I don't feel like it is cheap Chinese crap, but it is certainly not the same quality as a $400-$500 compound miter saw.

Would I buy it again? Definitely!

P.s. I will try and calibrate the miter again tonight, and see if I can get the 0 degree "click" to be at 0 degrees.

Iilluta
IillutaSouth Australia3 posts

Good for little jobs around house

I bought this compound saw to complete small jobs around home.

The saw does what it describes it should do. I bought it for $48 on sale which was fantastic. It came with a 3 year replacement warranty. You simply can't go wrong with it for tiny jobs. Ozito have definitely come a long way with their quality.

Ben.s
Ben.sAdelaide

Ok if!

I bought this saw from bunnings for $79, to build a little bed side table.

Initially I was far from happy. The bevel and mitre cuts were more than terrible. And I basically wrote the saw off.

But then I went back to bunnings purchased a new blade and a digital angle finder.

With the new blade on and my angle finder I set to work adjusting what I could.

And now it's great. Extremely clean and good looking cuts that are square and accurate.

Summary: Cheap blade just has to be replaced. Will need adjusting out of the box and marked angles on the saw aren't correct. For $80 + $30-50 for a new blade it's excellent.

adfdsaf
adfdsaf9 posts

Graeme
Graeme

PplMy bigger saw just stopped working, not using them much but needed one in a hurry, so I purchased this one, worst mistake, the retractable safety guard had sparks coming from it, the guard came down, gaming the piece of wood I was cutting, nearly taking my finger's, as far as I know it is out of warranty taking the guard off side I could remove the Blade and see what had happened a part had broken of that works the guard,
OZITO CMS IS 1621 2020/10 OZI-205266AU 4300298 1-No 11028

andrewc
andrewc

How to fix the dust extraction of the CMS 1621 mitre saw ? the dust bag is useless and dust flies every where is there a simple solution ?

Brian M

I have never used a dust bag so I can’t advise and only used it outside in ventilated spaces with a mask.

GEG
GEG

On the know your product section 6
What does MOVABLE STOP means ?