Ozito CMS-1621

Ozito CMS-1621

Stephen

StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good for price

Bought this mitre saw from Bunnings to make wooden garden beds. The assembly was very easy, the stand took longer than the saw itself. I was able to cut 45mm timber without any problem and the cut was very smooth. The dust but doesn’t work at all that’s why I gave it a 4/5. The stand’s height was very good compared to my height (5,5”). My only wish is for it to have laser because I have to lower the blade every time I need to check where to cut.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Brian M

Brian M

Cuts ok but not precise

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Reall Solid Buy for general use.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$160.00.

Circular Saws

Find out how Ozito CMS-1621 compares to other Circular Saws

Peter

Peter

Awesome value and perfect for DIY!

Bought it for cutting pine and melamine particle boards and it has been awesome. Haven't had to adjust it out of the box. For building stuff around the house like wardrobe shelves, etc it is perfect. The blade it comes with is fine however haven't known any better. If you measure it accurately then this will cut accurately.

Purchased in July 2019.

dalealaVictoria

For what you pay, it is fairly decent. DIY use only.

I bought this for just shy of $80 at Bunnings. The saw blade is fairly decent, cuts through pine like a hot knife through butter. Cuts fairly well through thick heavy redwood.
The saw blade is not completely aligned, I had to align it with a speed Square to get Square cuts.
But for $80, I am very pleased.

Very easy to set up, nice solid and heavy, I don't feel like it is cheap Chinese crap, but it is certainly not the same quality as a $400-$500 compound miter saw.

Would I buy it again? Definitely!
P.s. I will try and calibrate the miter again tonight, and see if I can get the 0 degree "click" to be at 0 degrees.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Iilluta

IillutaSouth Australia

Good for little jobs around house.

I bought this compound saw to complete small jobs around home.
The saw does what it describes it should do. I bought it for $48 on sale which was fantastic. It came with a 3 year replacement warranty. You simply can't go wrong with it for tiny jobs. Ozito have definitely come a long way with their quality.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Ben.s

Ben.sAdelaide

Ok if!

I bought this saw from bunnings for $79, to build a little bed side table.
Initially I was far from happy. The bevel and mitre cuts were more than terrible. And I basically wrote the saw off.

But then I went back to bunnings purchased a new blade and a digital angle finder.

With the new blade on and my angle finder I set to work adjusting what I could.

And now it's great. Extremely clean and good looking cuts that are square and accurate.

Summary: Cheap blade just has to be replaced. Will need adjusting out of the box and marked angles on the saw aren't correct. For $80 + $30-50 for a new blade it's excellent.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
adfdsaf

adfdsaf

This is SO much better than having no mitre saw!

GEG

GEGasked

On the know your product section 6
What does MOVABLE STOP means ?

Phil A.

Phil A.asked

I want to cut some light steel railings for fencing posts. Is this saw suitable for that? I figured it might be more accurate and safer than using an angle grinder.

Hi Phil,
This is a wood saw, you would not be able to cut steel with this.
You would need an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel, or a steel band-saw (needs to be designed to cut steel) or hand saw designed to cut steel (like a hacksaw) to cut the rails.
If you were to try and cut steel, you would likely catch the railing in the saw, and destroy the machine and likely injure yourself.

CategoryCircular Saws