Ozito CMS-1621

Ozito CMS-1621

See the Best Circular Saws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

For what you pay, it is fairly decent. DIY use only.

I bought this for just shy of $80 at Bunnings. The saw blade is fairly decent, cuts through pine like a hot knife through butter. Cuts fairly well through thick heavy redwood.
The saw blade is not completely aligned, I had to align it with a speed Square to get Square cuts.
But for $80, I am very pleased.

Very easy to set up, nice solid and heavy, I don't feel like it is cheap Chinese crap, but it is certainly not the same quality as a $400-$500 compound miter saw.

Would I buy it again? Definitely!
P.s. I will try and calibrate the miter again tonight, and see if I can get the 0 degree "click" to be at 0 degrees.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Good for little jobs around house.

I bought this compound saw to complete small jobs around home.
The saw does what it describes it should do. I bought it for $48 on sale which was fantastic. It came with a 3 year replacement warranty. You simply can't go wrong with it for tiny jobs. Ozito have definitely come a long way with their quality.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Ok if!

I bought this saw from bunnings for $79, to build a little bed side table.
Initially I was far from happy. The bevel and mitre cuts were more than terrible. And I basically wrote the saw off.

But then I went back to bunnings purchased a new blade and a digital angle finder.

With the new blade on and my angle finder I set to work adjusting what I could.

And now it's great. Extremely clean and good looking cuts that are square and accurate.

Summary: Cheap blade just has to be replaced. Will need adjusting out of the box and marked angles on the saw aren't correct. For $80 + $30-50 for a new blade it's excellent.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This is SO much better than having no mitre saw!

$80 plus $30 for the replacement Irwin blade. I never even tried the OE blade. Sure, it's a lot of money, but when you compare it to the price of materials, it's cheap.

I built a big box. The outside was 6 mm plywood and the skeleton to line it was 18 x 40 mm pine. First EVER "joinery". Cutting the pine was a pain. Saw too slow. Circular saw to clumsy. Reciprocating saw too inaccurate. I was dreading finishing it.

Bought the saw.

Woodwork transformed.

My life changed. Want to cut wood? Zzzzzt. Done. Square (actually checked). Too long? Zzzzzt. Repeat until correct length, or slightly too short.

In the end, I could reliably shorten the end of the timber by a fraction of a mm. I would touch the wood to the side of the cutting disk and above the cutting teeth (which stick out a bit each side), lift the saw, start it, and dropt the saw once or twice. With a tiny puff of pine, the end of the wood would disappear by about 0.2 mm.

Magic.

You might consider if you want the considerably more expensive sliding saw. Me, I don't care. I have a circular saw for wide stuff.

Oh, I zeroed the blade without problems. I checked the square with a thick aluminium right angle I got for the purpose. It cuts square and stayed that way. What more can you want?