Terrible Oven. Died 1 year after Warranty

This Bosch oven worked well until it just suddenly stopped while I was baking a cake. Manual says the oven's fuse might have failed. Warranty is for 2 years and the oven only lasted 1 year after warranty expired. Bosch customer service quoted $120 call out plus $99/h labour plus parts cost for a repair service. When I asked for goodwill repair, I was advised Bosch only considers goodwill repair if the appliance breaks one month after the warranty period. Bosch advertises itself to be an industry leading brand with reliable appliances, but I just don't understand how a reliable oven can fail one year after warranty period.
Terrible customer service from Bosch. Do not buy Bosch Ovens!!!

Purchased in June 2015 for $735.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Hi Roger,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch HBA13B253A oven. We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH312 in the subject line and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

3.5 years old and dead!

Unfortunately, we thought Bosch were a good brand. We purchased oven/cooktop package. Seemed to work reasonably until now, with exception of some uneven browning. But only 3.5yrs later, the oven has died. Still waiting 1 week for Bosch technician $80 call-out, and $99/hr, excluding parts? Some research and I wondered if it was the fan oven element, but when my wife called to check that part was available (to not more waste more time without an oven - as this has been extraordinarily disruptive, given we use the oven almost daily!), the Bosch person said there is no stock of that part. Apparently, it's quite a common problem. Unfortunately, I'll definitely be buying another brand! Not recommending bosch! That's sad.

In addition, one of the zones in our electric Bosch cooktop also has died. seems to be very poor reliability. My cousin works for Siemens is similarly disappointed.

Purchased in December 2015.

Product is used: Several times a week

Perfect depth for tight space

This was the only oven I could find that would fit flush in the space available in my kitchen. That alone is worth 5 stars! Nice modern look and it cooks quickly and evenly. Great value for money but it did only come with one wire shelf so I needed to buy an extra shelf after purchase.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Jason,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Oven. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the ovens functionality. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Thought it would last longer

4 years old and the fan has completely burnt out, thought Bosch was a great brand.
Would have expected no problems for years as every one says Bosch is great you will have no issues, went by recommendations. A bit worried now as i purchased a Bosch dish washer recently too.
Will look to another brand now i think.
21/12 Just got the replacement and it’s broken, well done Bosch.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi MaxPax, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your oven. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Finally received part and fitted. Also received care package, thanks. Still wouldn't expect the fan to burn out as it did after only 4 years.Hi MaxPax, Thanks for letting us know the update. We're glad to hear the part was fitted and you received the care package. If you need any assistance in the future, please call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent starting range oven

I have been using this oven for the last 6 months now. It has all basic features required in an oven and it does perform well compare to other ovens. I use it for baking cake, pizza etc and so far happy with the cooking. This oven cook the food evenly and also easy to clean after use.
I highly recommend this oven if you can get it for under $550.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Amit, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B253A oven, we're glad to hear that you are happy with the features and are enjoying cooking with Bosch. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Working Well

I think it's a good oven, I have not used too much but it works well. Only regret is that there is no separate TOP section just for Grilling fish or Veggies. I saw some ovens have a separate tray on top to grill fish or chicken which means easy cleaning and no mess.

Although, this model also works great and I have no complaints as of now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Ash, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B253A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love this oven

The oven works very well- as expected for a bosch appliance plenty of functions comes with one wire rack and 2 x solid trays one deeper than the other with comprehensive instructions and temp guidelines if required but it is easy to use. I have baked cakes and cooked a caserole and roast in it so far (only purchased in June 17) it cooks and browns evenly I love it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Summer, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B254A oven, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent oven

We bought this oven after our previous one died and nearly set our house on fire. Given the dimensions of the space our choice was limited. Ever since we received the oven it has been fantastic. It cooks relatively evenly and my roast potatoes come out superb! The only downside was we couldn't access the service to have it installed for us on delivery. Luckily we found a local electrician who did it for us the same day the oven arrived so we didn't have to go without for too much longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Jack A Niland, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B253A Oven, we're glad to hear that your enjoying the experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Was best and good for baking just love it

It is just Awesome
Good for baking and best for pizza
Just love it
Perfect features and perfect temperature criteria
Oven heat food evenly and cook food nicely
Fan helps a lot in cooking
Good for cooking and baking
I love love love love love love love love the oven so much

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Sweety, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B254A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're loving the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosh oven

If u was to buy a oven I would buy a Bosch brand because I know they have plenty of room to cook in the oven. I would buy one that is a 5 star rating and i would buy a black coz they easier to clean then a white one

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Cloclo, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B150A Oven. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love my oven!

I absolutely love my Bosch oven. It’s really hot so I generally have to make sure I set it to a lower heat than suggested in my recipe. Very easy to use and came with a lot of handy trays in it already so I didn’t need to buy any for baking!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Erica, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're loving it! If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent!!!

I really love everything that this company produces, all of very good quality. The oven, which I use now is very practical, does not dry, bakes perfectly. The most convenient for me is that the oven can be set for a certain time and it bakes itself and turns itself off. I advise everyone to the oven Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Erkan, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B254A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're loving it. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great addition to the kitchen

This oven is great, self cleans but still have to give it a wipe down now and then. Cooks very evenly and the look of the oven makes it feel like it was just meant to be there. So far cooked pork and beef stues and a few roats all turned out very nice

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Mills, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B253A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great to use

It looks modern, goes well with a modern stylish kitchen. Works very well. Easy to use. Wish to be more affordable price tho. Other than that, it is a nice oven that you should have. 5 shelfs give you many options to position your racks. just be aware that the timer is very touchy. You should be careful to set the time by slightly feathery touch the screen :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Claire, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B254A Oven, we're glad to hear it. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

great Oven

I love this oven it cooks beautifully and, the self cleaning function is amazing leaving only a little ash after uses, but you still have to take the racks out and clean manually which is annoying it bakes evenly I would recommend this oven to my friends you wont be disappointing

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Louise, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B253A Oven, we're glad to hear that you'd recommend it . If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Total waste of money. Not what I expect of Bosch quality at all.

The user interface is totally unusable.
It is VERY touchy and the timer runs away just having your finger near it. It does random things if you get close to it while cooking (typically it locks itself) and tapping the touch screen doesn't work consistently.
We had the controller replaced under warranty but the new one is the same therefore the design is rubbish.
The technician thought it was very hard to use as well so it is not just us who think it's problematic.
I use 1, 2.5, 4 and 5 minute as well as 1 and 1.5 hour timers very frequently when I'm cooking and for the sub 10 minute timers they are so hard to set by the time you have set the appropriate timer the time is expired or longer.
The tech couldn't set a 1 hour timer either. +- 10 minutes seems to be as close as you can get.
As far as cooking is concerned I cannot comment as the unit is so dysfunctional we are selling it before heating it up so it is like new and buying a Westinghouse which we had in our last house which was great.

Love this oven

Oven heats up quickly and cooks evenly. I love that it has the low temperature settings which help when proving bread and making yogurt when the weather is cold. The grill is insanely hot so it doesn't take long at all to cook. The child lock is a very convenient feature with small kids.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Kate, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works well

Oven heats up quickly and the food chines out great too. Definitely an upgrade from my old gas oven. Besides not having to change the gas all the time which is nice because I use the oven a lot, the surface is made from stainless steel which makes looks sexy and gets dirty/rusty less quicker

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Johnny, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B150AU Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best oven

I’m so glad I got this for Christmas last year my parents brought us this beautiful new over I love everything about it I like to cook and prepare food it’s just make my life more easy to cook my meal for gym and it’s best option for everyone who need it

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Kongo, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B254A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

High quality oven

I have been happy with my purchase of this oven from Bosch. It is easy to operate, cooks food quickly and evenly, and has some useful features such as the express pre-heating mode. The build and finish of the oven is of a high standard. The two control knobs can be depressed so that they won't obtrude when they are not in use. It is higher priced than other ovens, but it is well built and offers some additional useful features.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Neodymium, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch HBA13B150A Oven, we're glad to hear that you're happy with your purchase. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

what is its energy saving star?
Hi nic, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch oven. If you could please provide the full model number of the oven you would like further information for. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaBosch HBA13B150A 60cm Serie 6 Built In Oven https://www.appliancesonline.com.au/bosch-hba13b150a-60cm-serie-6-electric-oven/Hi Nic, The energy saving star ratings are not used on our ovens, however the electrical connection rating is 2200W. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

My oven is getting the error code 106. Had disconnected power and reconnected with no change. Thanks
Hi Sandra, Thanks for your question, We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch oven We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

We have a Bosch Oven (HBA13B150A). We were cleaning the oven and afterward we couldn't close the door. According to the Manual (pics) it looks like the locking levers are in the wrong position (pics). We tried moving them but they appear to be stuck and didn't want to force them unless we had to. Are we doing something wrong trying to get the locking levers up, or should we continue to force them? Any particular tool? We're renting and this happened once before (when cooking) about 6 months ago and the Real Estate got a Handyman to come out. The Handyman fixed it in about 5-10 mins (I didn't see it) and said that this is a common issue with the Bosch ovens but easy to fix. We spoke to the Real Estate again but this time they want to charge us, so we're hoping that someone on Reddit knows how to fix this easily so we can save some cash. Also, the guy didn't say it was specifically the locking levers that were the issue, I'm just thinking it is because their positions seem wrong according to the manual. It could be something else perhaps? Thanks, Zui
Hi zuirey8, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch oven. When refitting the door, check that both hinges are positioned exactly inside their respective openings. The bottom groove of the hinges must fit snugly on both sides. The door may be left crooked if the hinges are not mounted properly. Reclose the attachment levers. Then you should be able to close the oven door. This process can be found in page 11 of the user manual along with images to assist with the process. However if you would like to speak to someone, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Bosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B254ABosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B253ABosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B250ABosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B251ABosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B252ABosch Home Appliances Serie 6 HBA13B150A
CategoryWall OvensWall OvensWall OvensWall OvensWall OvensWall Ovens
Oven FuelElectricityElectricityElectricity
Type Conventional (Conduction)Conventional (Conduction)
SizeSingleSingleSingle
Capacity67L62L61L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Cooling FanChild Safety Lock and Cooling FanChild Safety Lock and Cooling Fan
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 595 x 595 x 548 mm595 x 595 x 515 mm595 x 595 x 515 mm
Max Temperature270 °C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSep 2012