3.9

75%13%13%

Good4u
Good4u

Made in

I wonder how a circular saw can get out of the factory with such a poor quality control... I have a 1.25 degree angle between the blade and the metal base which you can't even unmount !!! So it is really impossible to cut anything straight and it will inevitably result in the saw being blocked at ounce. Really dangerous. Avoid at all cost... Show details
pete
peteCentral Queensland, QLD2 posts

Nice and lightweight

Have owned it for about 4 years and used it for a number of applications. Easy to use depth adjustment. I like the weight I have used it in a number of roofs and you can appreciate having less mass to carry around. The only complaint I have is the safety button on the trigger I find clumsy compared to other saws on the market. Recently the bolt for the angle adjustment has vibrated out and I don’t have a clue where to find another. I would buy another one I have abused it and it has survived.
Peterm
PetermPerth, WA15 posts

Tough little home saw

I have dropped, thrown (possibly unintentionally), banged about and abused the living daylights out of my saw. I've had it for about 4 years now and have used it to build gates, doors, repair decking, cut firewood and most things in between. If you are cutting large thick hardwood you would be better off getting a larger powered saw. This handles most home jobs just fine though and is pretty nicely priced for what it is. My bearings have finely started to become noisy which is surprising given the beating it's taken. Would buy again Show details ·  1
Emily D.
Emily D.Canberra 2600, ACT8 posts

Jack PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Bosch DIY only not suitable for hard work

over the last 4 years I have burnt out / bearing failure 2 of these I am looking at getting a bigger and stronger unit maybe 235mm 2000w range , only positives I can give this for light work its easy to handle and very very accurate

I do a lot of ripping work and saw can working hard for over an hour so for DIY buy the bosch but but but for hard work look somewhere else

Show details

LisianthusAlbany29 posts

Nice unit

Almost identical to a Skilsaw (died after 40 years) this saw made simple work of my kitchen benchtop, shelving work, 3ply, etc. (using the correct blades and procedure). Good price and easy to find a retailer. Nothing fancy in this unit, but powerful enough to do its job well and clean.

tony  transit
tony transit

bosch pks 1500

l have owned a bosch 1500 for 6 years and use it for trade use as a builder. still going strong . It can handle rough abuse and has been dropped many times . l will purchase another when it dies . l regularly blow the unit with compressed air to expel dust in motor area.

Hypnotoady
HypnotoadyMelbourne7 posts

Great Little Saw

I returned the Ozito circular saw that was a piece of junk and got a Bosch 1500 watt 184mm saw from Bunnings. It's well balanced, seems solidly made and easy to use, it cuts well and the cuts are very smooth, for the price I couldn't be happier. It only cost $30.00 more than the Ozito so it was well worth it.

Kenny M.
Kenny M.

Is there an alternative base plate for the PKS 1500 that doesn't flex and ruin the cut angle?

James D.
James D.

Where are they made please ?

gary
gary

how to change blade cant lock the blade it spin around?

Lisianthus

Top of the T bar which you grip with your left hand as you saw, there is a red button to the right which should be visible. Press that down and then rotate the saw blade until it clicks into position. You'll feel it click in.

Jack P

There is a small red button about between the handle and the blade almost square shape round on one side about 10mm in size apply gentle pressure downwards on it and rotate blade slowly by hand you will feel it engage and lock the blade in