Wall Ovens Buying Guide

Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. This buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Kam

KamSydney

Great oven with a few issues

Purchased in March 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,063.00.

This is terrible Quality Control item

Purchased in November 2020.

Mat C.

Mat C.

Very good oven, let down by slightly cheap looking controls.

I was initially put off this oven based on some of these reviews, however it turned out to be very good. I use it pretty much every day to cook all manner of things.
The only negatives are the controls look and feel a bit cheap and when setting the clock the increment is stupidly fast.
Other than that, I like it.

Purchased in July 2020.

DebbieP

DebbiePSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing.....so much cleaning

Have been using this new oven for approx 5 months. It heats fine but I really wonder if it’s worth cooking in it because of the amount of time you have to spend cleaning it after cooking just one meal, eg roast, in it. It just stains really easily and then it is super hard to get the stains off. Takes all the enjoyment away from cooking a nice meal! Very disappointed!

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $1,450.00.

Ufuk U.

Ufuk U.

The Best.

It's a beast of an oven with extremely efficient heat retention and distribution. I have never used its Pyrolytic self-cleaning feature, as I use the oven quite clean, but that would be a bonus feature. I also consider the fact that it doesn't have unnecessary fancy features such as telescopic shelving, much better as that means there are less number of things that can go wrong.
It's only con is the two plastic buttons used to adjust heat and the program, and the way they turn a bit too easy. I don't like cheap plastic components on these kinds of devices.
It's a fantastic practical oven, easy to use, and easily deserves the top mark.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Gets so dirty

I have the oven for 2 months or so (purchased brand new).
I spend ~15 minutes each night cleaning it with stainless steel wire wool, it gets so dirty even when I just bake a bread or warm up potatoes, I've never seen anything like this!

Purchased in May 2020.

Product is usedDaily
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Ron R, We're sorry to hear you're having issues with your appliance. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

1098S

1098SPerth, WA

Great Oven

This oven, with it's pyrolitic cleaning function is very good indeed. It has a function to preheat rapidly before you switch to fan forced or normal cooking. The fan forced is quite intense and cooking times can be reduced. The pyrolitic cleaning function works very well, reducing everything in a dirty oven to ash that you just sweep out afterwards. Excellent product.

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online.

Radhika N.

Radhika N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect little oven

We recently purchased this product after much research online and we were pleased with the purchase. It was hassle free to install and it comes with great features in spite of not being Bosch's top-end product. We installed this in our investment property because of the brand name and it's proven durability.

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for $847.00.

Nice2Know

Nice2KnowAU

Good basic oven - neat, tidy and does it's job

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $989.00.

Canscot

CanscotSydney, NSW

Great oven for the price

I was replacing a double oven with a double oven so knew what I was looking for and the colour I wanted. The Bosch fitted my requirements and so far has been great Can’t give it 5 stars as the timer sound is abysmal you may as well not have a timer as I had to buy a separate one to be able to hear when things were ready. You really need to fix that feature Bosch as my 16 year old previous oven had a very loud timer.

Phil

PhilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't know how we managed before

Both ovens produce great and consistent cooking results.
The manual gives accurate settings to produce perfect baking and roast dinners.
We used the top oven for warming some pies and kept the pastry perfect.
A prewarm settings allows quick heating of the big oven saving power consumption.
Easy to use with comprehensive instruction manual.
Great product

Jebz

JebzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Push buttons faulty

Got one for a rental property and thought it was great because is was cheap and it's a Bosch. After a few days we noticed the push buttons get stuck and take 2-3 pushes to go out. Not a good sign for a brand new oven. This is frustrating as now we need to leave the knobs out constantly and stick out a fair bit. The eco clean does absolutely nothing and does not make it any different to clean like any other oven and the pre heating takes ages to heat up. It's poor design with a brand name attached.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman.

S Chu

S ChuSydney, NSW

The pop out buttons are so cool!

Really happy with the look of the oven - especially the pop out buttons. Elegant and sleek look. Heats quickly with the 3DHotair function. Has 5 grid-rails. Engraved functions beside the knobs so will not fade overtime. Nice even cooking. Yet to try the eco-clean function.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $650.00.

Peard Family

Peard FamilySouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this self cleaning oven

Great oven so far. We've had this oven for a couple of months now and we love it. Lots of functions to choose from. Pizza function is perfect for home made pizzas. Love the pyrolytic cleaning function. Hot tip - when cleaning the oven on the pyrolytic function, pop all the wires in to a garbage bag, spray with oven cleaner and leave it in there for a couple of hours. Take out and clean pop back into oven. Works really well.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $975.00.

Peter P

Peter PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Is Bosch, is good ... but it's not perfect!

JnelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Eco clean oven ? Disgusting mess

Always happy with Bosch so I believed this oven would be fantastic. WRONG we had this for one week and have been trying to get it clean ever since. We cooked a roast and the oven was left like no other oven I’ve used before . It’s like the oil has baked into the oven coating. BOSCH reps have been very helpful by sending us oven cleaner, - that didn’t clean it after multiple tries and using the whole bottle - then saying the Ecoclean is working perfectly and I can pay for a serviceman to come out, if I’m not happy. Do not buy this oven or be sucked into the “easy clean “ functions because they are extremely misleading. These photos are after 3 cleans and Bosch is still saying that my Ecoclean function works and our oven is perfect.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,300.00.

Jnel

I have been in contact numerous times with BOSCH speaking directly and via emails, about not being able to get this OVEN clean. I will contact again via your ‘social media’ area because I’ve had no success with your ‘customer service’ area.

Leah

LeahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't buy Bosch

Only had the oven 2 months and it doesn't work.
Fan broken and doesn't heat up.
After sale service is appalling and extremely unhelpful.
After a week of saying they hadn't received our request for contact we were advised the part would need to come from Germany and they wouldn't put a service call in until the part had arrived.
Very difficult to deal with.
Do not buy Bosch ovens if you are looking for reliability and good and after sale service.

Purchased in February 2019 for $750.00.

Joe A.

Joe A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible purchase

The oven was damaged on delivery even though the box was pretty good. I was really disappointed in the built quality since I purchased this online then I got a new one and when I installed it I found there was only one oven rack and no grill rack insert. The plastic handle edges does not look like it will last and the enamel is already scratched on the inside.

Very lacking for an expensive product.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi Joe A,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback with your new Bosch HBA534ES0A oven.
We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH5146 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Jose

JoseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible oven for the price it is

Had this put into my house from my builder. Worst mistake ever, food cooks unevenly, there is no grill tray for the oven so you need to use an oven rack and put in on top of the grill tray but it doesn't sit safely. The inside of the oven has the enamel wearing off and the temperature controls are wearing off too. The oven door has holes on top and steams escapes into it so I have to disassemble the whole door to clean it. I paid $900 for an oven which does less of the job of a $400 one.

Purchased in January 2019 for $900.00.

Savannah

SavannahDarling Downs, QLD

What an upgrade!

My old Westinghouse upright oven finally ceased to function and I now have a built in oven with 3D hot air and numerous baking options. It looks wonderful, makes my kitchen look bigger as it sits flush with the cupboards, plus no more spills down the side. I can't believe I waited so long. I no longer have to remove mornays or cottage pies from the oven to the griller to melt cheese or brown potatoes on the top. It heats up in 2 or 3 minutes, cooks quicker and browns evenly.

Date PurchasedSept 2018