Bosch Serie 6 Automatic Washer Dryer

Bosch Serie 6 Automatic Washer Dryer

WVH28490AU (8kg/4kg), WVG28420AU (8kg/4.5kg)

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now

3.7

• Washing Performance
  • Drying Performance
Microbel

MicrobelAdelaide

Pretty good value for the combo

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$1,167.00.

Drying Performance

Seal disintegrated just out of warranty

We've had this machine for just over 2 years. During that time it was fine. The drying was a little slow, but that's to be expected in a combo. But we're now a couple of months out of warranty and the door seal has disintegrated to the point that it's leaking water. And the replacement seals don't look to be cheap. I expected more, given the price tag. Not happy

Purchased in February 2018 at Appliances Online for A$1,579.00.

LMYMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Washer perfectly, dryer not so

My previous purchases have been a washer and dryer separately. This time I purchased a washer/dryer combo by Bosch. The washing cycle washes clothes perfectly but the dryer leaves the towels not completely dry. Very disappointing. Will have to purchase a separate dryer that will do the job properly. Added expense. Not satisfied that even after 2.5 hours of drying time clothes still not dry.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,347.00.

Washer Dryer Combos

Find out how Bosch Serie 6 Automatic Washer Dryer compares to other Washer Dryer Combos

Vicki

Vicki

Good Washer Dryer

Purchased in February 2020.

Washes OK, doesn't dry

Thought this would be a good one. It was expensive, but materials and build quality were great and it felt nice and solid. It's the quietest machine we've ever used. Does a nice job of washing also.

The drying function was beyond bad. Even with just a few t-shirts it would leave clothes too wet to wear, let alone put in a cupboard. Bosch support were helpful at first, but this soon dried up. Unlike my washing.

After months of wrangling I got HN involved and now have a different brand. I'd have been happy to keep the Bosch if it actually worked, but it was a huge disappointment.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,900.00.

Bradley

Bradley

Don't buy it for the drying

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for A$1,039.00.

Deanne

DeanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quiet and efficient

I have had this machine for over 3 years, very quiet, washes well with handy function of timer, adjustable spin, temp etc. Dryer takes a long time but I've rarely had to use it. Excellent to have one machine that does it all, without condensation build up of a traditional dryer. Perfect for my small family

Purchased in December 2016 at Bosch.

What a Waste of Money

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,629.00.

Crckt_nut

Crckt_nutSydney, NSW

Build quality

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for A$1,527.00.

orchestrator

orchestratorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machine - Small Loads But Great Quality Wash

Worked well for around 3 weeks then threw an error message. It took 5 business days to get a tech out to us but the issue was resolved quickly.

Excellent service from the tech so I have changed my poor review to a good one. I'm happy with the machine and the job it does. Be aware that the lint comes out of the drain hose from the wash and dry cycles and check your outlet pipes regularly to ensure you don't have blockages.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online.

Nathan W.

Nathan W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worthless.

Brought this machine after the last one broke after 15 years.
After connecting everything up I get an E-23 code and need a technician to fix.
After being on hold for hours I finally get through to be told I now have to wait 3 weeks with a washing machine.
DO NOT BUY

Purchased in May 2019.

Marj

Dryer uses water to condense steam

Purchased in March 2019 for A$1,120.00.

Hi Marj,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback, __, if we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

gosha1970

gosha1970sydney

Keeps giving errors on screen. Crap at drying

Compared to a dedicated drier, this is a very poor attempt at drying. Annoyingly it can wash more than it can dry, so if doing a big wash, we have to remove clothes and hang some to let the drier work peoperly. After 2 years of putting up with average results, it seems the pump has.blown as it keeps stopping mid cycle and giving us "error18" messages.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Jason42

Jason42Canberra 2600, ACT

Pricey but worth it - time and space saver

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys.

D of Q

D of QQueanbeyan

Perfect job every time.

I cannot fault this appliance. It does all it promises. It is quiet, it runs efficiently, the clothes come out clean and the dryer woks well with no annoying issues. I'd suggest that people read and understand the instructions carefully. It has loads of features. Admittedly, I only use a few of them, but that seems common for most washers. It does great job with delicate clothing and rinses thoroughly.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Davey

DaveyGeelong

Takes huge loads and washes well

Bosch have really taken off. I own a dish washer which is great so when out old washer packed in we bought this cloths washer. It's very power and water saving and pretty easy to load, set and then come back and unload. Multiple settings for different type of cloths. What got us by surprise is how much cloths it can hold and wash in one go!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Disappointed because it leaves marks on my clothes

I bought this to replace my old ariston washer dryer. I've only had the Bosch model for 6 months and been noticing marks left on all my clothes, especially the dark ones. Was told to run a 90degree wash 3 times. No change

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Flip
Flip

I have and now I'm waiting to be sent a descaler to run through the machine. I have NEVER used a descaler before in my life so will be looking for a refund/replacement once I've done this.

MishB

MishBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great combination washer / dryer

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Mr Bigglesworth

Mr BigglesworthPerth

You get what you pay for

Super quiet operation. Gentle on clothes. I like the timer display.
First use the soap dispenser didn't dissolve the powder properly because the blue flap for liquid detergent fell into the way.
I would never buy a machine this expensive but this one came with a new property purchase. The quality is evident compared to the cheaper Thai-made models (which are very good regardless).

Date PurchasedJul 2018
maria.giannopoulos.9

maria.giannopoulos.9South Australia

Economically plus

I’ve gone from a top loader to this and wow economy plus , all round , saves water ,power and time !!! Job done laundry washed with tlc ...... Dryer for emergencies only ... I did try it and happy also

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Daniella L.

Daniella L.asked

Serie 6 WVH28490AU (8kg/4kg)

Hi I wanted to know do we need to clean the filter on these washer dryer combos, like we would normally for a stand alone dryer? It doesn’t mention it anywhere in the instruction manual ?

Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Hi Danielle, Thanks for your question.
Your appliance has a air filter. We recommend to Rinse fluff off the air filter using a brush under running water. You can refer to page 30 of your user manual. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 with your model number. Kind Regards Bosch Home Australia

Double R

Double Rasked

Serie 6 WVH28490AU (8kg/4kg)

With the 2 drying programs can they be interrupted or cancelled. Is it possible to say just warm some towels or finish them off by removing dampness?

Vicky L.asked

Serie 6 WVH28490AU (8kg/4kg)

I just got an error E18, which states my Drain Pump is blocked. I followed the instructions on my manual but am unable to unscrew the pump cover. It turns to 90 degrees, but am unable to open and clean whatever is blocking it. Can anyone HELP!

Hi Vicky,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch WVH28490AU.
With the pump cover not coming out that would indicate there's definitely something stuck behind it. If you toggle it back and forwards it might come loose. If it doesn't, a service call would be the next step.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,