CMG633BS1B, CMG656RS1A, CSG656RS1A, CSG656RB1A

• Safety
  • Preheating Speed

John ForbesPerth, WA

Microwave/oven - wall insert type -

Appliance no longer functions & will not even boil water in a test.
Appliance is " arcing" from the tray to chrome plated grill insert at oven back.
Unit is over 4 years old & has not been used much.
Repair options are very expensive
May end up having to be replaced.
Poor end possibly for an expensive product

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Serial # CMG633BSIB/O1 TYPE # HT6B3MCO FD # 5903 REFERENCE # 976143018

quickhost
quickhostSydney, NSW

Piece of trash.

Microwave function is near useless. $2500 microwave and we still use the $200 Panasonic in the garage. Pretty much double any time any recipe calls and don’t even think about some sneaky popcorn.

Purchased in June 2017 at Winning Appliances for $2,399.00.

Hi,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your microwave. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Other Wall Ovens

MoretonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy to use, excellent results every time.

Program in your cooking temprature and cooking time and it does the rest.
No more guesswork required.
Easy oven cleaning program.
Excellent results everytime.
Makes cooking a delite allover again.
Easy to set up features and cooking guide.
Perfecty cooked through every time.
Staying home and cooking is easier than going out and being disappointed.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,850.00.

vBroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great oven but i'd expected it to last longer - Extend your warranty

Purchased in June 2016 at e&s.

Hi Vbro69,
Thanks for your updated review, we appreciate the feedback.
We're glad to hear that our customer service was polite and professional.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Wall Ovens

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Compact Ovens compares to other Wall Ovens

paulos
paulosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good - BUT, Circular display cracking

I bought this oven in April 2017 and have only used it minimally over that time to supplement our other Bosch oven. The microwave feature is great and as it's dual use it is is extremely versatile.

I have a problem with the display window however, from about 6-8 months ago the round clear display started to crack, hardly noticeable at first then over the following months it has gradually reached the stage it is at present - I'm concerned it will spread across the entire face.

Looks terrible and I'm at a loss what is causing it - the main oven we have is the same series Bosch oven with exactly the same display and it's fine.

See images.

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Tina
TinaMelbourne

If buying a Bosch wall oven be sure to buy the self cleaning option.

My oven turns out as new every time I clean it. Preparation time before using the function is minimal ( you just need to remove all internal racks) and the results are outstanding. I'm so glad I didn't listen to the salesman who attempted to talk me out of buying the self cleaning option

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Broken from day 1

Error code E6200 from initial start up. Bosch refuse to replace as it is a "repairable" problem.
Now have to wait for the parts to arrive from overseas. Ridiculous for a brand new appliance.
Terrible customer service, not helpful at all.
I didn't buy a brand new product for it to be faulty and have its parts replaced. LEMON

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
MecAut
MecAutMaribyrnong

I would give 5 starts if the cooling fan and the beeps were quieter!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Other Wall Ovens

ATP
ATPPerth

The Best

We have this microwave oven combination. Which as the name suggests is a microwave and an oven. We have it as well as the Bosch 60cm pyrolytic wall oven rather than a double oven. Cooks well, both microwave and oven features work well. Easy to use and and navigate the features. It is the most frequently used appliance in our kitchen. Looks great and prevents us from wastingbspave having a delegate microwave.
Definitely recommend this microwave oven combo!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Wall Ovens

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Compact Ovens compares to other Wall Ovens

perfect!

This microwave oven is the best! it is best of both worlds and stacks so nicely on top of the Bosch oven when putting together. i love that you can use it as a warmer or oven or microwave, it has so much more settings than your everyday microwave and does a nicer defrost without cooking something on the outside and freezing in the middle!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Hi Jody,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch CMG656RS1A Microwave Oven, we think it's the best too.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Kathy T.asked
Serie 8 CMG656RS1A

Honest opinion s please, is it worth my while getting the Bosch series 8 compact combi oven and the warmer drawer? Do they last? Doea the dial crack or eventually stuff up (excuse the expression).
Please help asap

Moreton

We purchased this model oven with a concierge extended warranty if anything happens they will send a technician to the oven if it needs anything, still under warranty, is used most days/nights.
Once you get used to working this great oven you will move into the new age.
Set temperature and time program for your dish and done perfectly every time, both of us can confidently use this oven, we have not been disappointed in any way.
Is very useful in the modern kitchen, our friends put 2 in their new kitchen, so they can do most meals very quickly.
When you use the self-clean function, make sure you remove feathered pets from the home as it is not bird-friendly.
Does not disappoint, makes a better cook out of anyone including myself.
We have many Bosh items in our kitchen, because we don't like wasting money and time on other brands.

Kathy T.

Thank you so much as I haven’t seen many reviews but the few put up are mixed and a couple were saying about the dial cracking and not working properly

bedfordelectrical
bedfordelectricalasked
Serie 8 CMG656RS1A

I am considering purchasing this combination microwave/oven. My concern is whether it will function as well as my existing Microwave for such things as defrosting slices of bread in 30sec, and whether it has a sensor to cook fresh vegetables. my current microwave is 1000w whereas this microwave appears to only be 600w. Does that mean things will take longer to Cook in this Microwave than my current Microwave? Thank you

jody

I feel it does take a little bit longer but not signifintly longer and things come out defrosted ir cooked more consistant than a microwave where you are constantly moving things around. I definatly love my bosch more than my microwave and i had a 1000w aswell!

jody

And yes it has specialised settings for vegetables, and defrosting different foods so its always on the right setting!

Jody thank you so much. You've sold me on it!

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare all 4 Bosch Serie 8 Compact Ovens
CategoryWall OvensWall OvensSteam Ovens and Wall OvensSteam Ovens and Wall Ovens
Price (RRP) $3,289.00$2,479.00$3,899.00$4,199.00
Oven FuelElectricityElectricityElectricityElectricity
Type Conventional (Conduction)Conventional (Conduction)CombinationCombination
SizeCompactCompactCompactCompact
Capacity45L45L47L47L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock, Cooling Fan and Microwave FunctionChild Safety Lock, Cooling Fan and Microwave FunctionChild Safety Lock and Cooling FanChild Safety Lock and Cooling Fan
Dimensions 455 x 594 x 548 mm455 x 594 x 548 mm455 x 594 x 548 mm455 x 594 x 548 mm
Max Temperature300 °C275 °C250 °C250 °C
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishStainless SteelBlackStainless SteelBlack