Bosch Serie 8

Bosch Serie 8

SMS88TI01A and SMS88TI04A

Whisper quiet

After much research I finally settled on a Bosch serie 8 dishwasher. The price was higher than some other machines on the market but given this was my 3rd dishwasher I was happy to pay extra for a superior machine. I have had this machine now for about 5 months & have been very happy with all aspects of the experience. The machine really is whisper quiet- I have actually opened it once mid wash not realising that it was even on! The start/operating buttons are discreetly on the top of the lid, initially I wasn’t sure about this feature but now I have it I like the sleek look this provides.
My dishes have come out really clean every time without the need for anything to go back for a second rinse.
I highly recommend this machine, I’m not one to normally review an appliance but is deserving of one!

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

Internal Layout
Hi Happy Mum,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Dishes come our sparkling!

Great dishwasher, cleans dishes well, even when in the quick setting. It looks stylish and is very quiet. Great internal layout, that can cater for every day dishes or a dinner party without issue. So happy with our purchase!

Purchased in April 2019.

Internal Layout
Hi Betty A,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're so happy with your purchase and finding the appliance very quiet. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good, until you have untrained guests

I had a couple of guests stay for a couple of days. They overloaded the machine so the spray arms could not swing. Fault code E19 came up. Soap delivery or or heat pump exchanger fault.
On inspection I have found a power transistor on the control board blown. Service call out is $99 includes the 1st 15 min then $35 every 15 min after woods. New control board over $400. I saw a $700-900 bill coming.
I ordered 1 x STN9620 power transistor and 3 x STN83003 transistors ($20) to replace the switch mode side of the power supply. You would think an expensive late model machine would cater for the untrained visitor.
Not Bosch. Wish me luck.

Purchased in March 2016 for $2,000.00.

Internal Layout
Hi Blark,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher and can appreciate your frustration. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Very useful and efficient

I have been using this dishwasher for 8 months now. Silent Operation and uses only 12 litres of water as advertised. That is a big achievement considering the amount of dishes you can wash. I usually scape and rinse the dishes for better result. Always uses with Finish Rinse aid to complete the cleaning. Very easyto use

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Hi abjmelbourne,  Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A, we're glad to hear that you are finding the appliance very easy to use. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Quietest Dishwasher

Cleans well. Plenty of programme options. Very energy and water efficient. Easy to install and set up and oh so quiet in operation. You sometimes wonder if it is on and working it is so quiet. The display provides and excellent progress indicator for you. The racks have multiple ranges to fit a variety of items and the optional wine glass holder works well.

The best dishwasher we've owned to date. Note: check there are two options available - one with an interior LED light and one without. Why they would sell one without beats me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Winco,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI04A, we're glad to hear that your enjoying the peace and quiet. Thank you for sharing your review. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Work great - very quiet

Had the dishwasher a few weeks, it's used daily. Cleans the dishes well and is very quiet. The option to do half loads has been very handy. We did get the extended warranty to be safe but that is more of a pre-caution should there be any issues in the future. I would highly recommend this dishwasher - SMS88TI01A

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,339.00.

Internal Layout
Hi Smashy,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the machines half load programme. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Highly unreliable

This was a beautiful dishwasher but highly unreliable. Its heating element failed a month before warranty end and they had to order the part in, leaving us without a dishwasher for over 2 weeks. Then 2 months after its warranty ended its computer failed which was apparently a $500+ repair. I called Bosch but they basically said too bad so we binned it. I wouldn’t touch a Bosch appliance again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Kylie,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear of your issues with your Bosch dishwasher. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4512 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Hi I emailed you guys my mobile number about 6 weeks ago but never heard back.

1st Dishwasher bosch dishwasher, beginners review

wow, this has been an absolute rollercoaster of a ride. did a lot of research on dishwashers, as we are first time owners of dishwashers,and havent got much to compare it to, however, i was insistent on buying quality.
First stint was at Good guys, sales man was really knowledgeable, i shortlisted the bosch and miele diswashers, finally after doing some online research , i decided to go for a Bosch. Reason why i chose the series 8.
1. Stainless steel
2. Made in Germany ( i like this a lot)
3. can wash big pots (as we use a lot of larger pots in our cuisine)
4. has a load of intensive wash functions. etc etc.
5. great looks, (although miele was more sleek better styling, bosch' looks were something i had to settle for)
6. Wife decided she wants the Bosch ( i had no more say in the matter).

i installed it myself, spoke to the customer service call centre once, they were very helpful. (instructions in the box are typical european style blurb of pictures with no explanations ). installlation was really easy, the supplied equipment and hose was more than enough.

completed a few washes and my oh my, i am impressed, everything's come out clean, dry, good place in the diswasher and it has options of half load, intensive, delayed start , the list goes on and on.and also (extra Dry) which i really like. lots of water saving, and if you have solar on your roof, then free electricity (sadlly solar is on the list of things to do,....)

i am currently discussing some matters with Bosch customer service and waiting for an email (they adviced it will take 24 business hours, which is 3 working days, it will give me an opportunity to assess their customer after sales service now. its something to do with the bottom of the diswasher, just below the door, (the left portion of the fascia is slightly more lowered than the right, and its causing the door to brush against it every time the door is opened fully (which is necessary for fully loading the diswasher), didnt notice it until i had completed the installation and opened the door fully the first time for a wash.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Quiet and very effective

I have had this dishwasher since March of 2016 - it does an excellent job and is very easy to operate. The dishwasher is very quiet in operation compared to previous washers I have owned and there is no issues with running it in an open plan designed house or apartment. The materials used feel like they are of very high quality and the machine is solidly built. The internal wash drawers are great -they can be arranged in a number of formats to accomodate all sorts of dish sizes. There is a top drawer that is great for utensils and cutlery, as well as the ability to raise and lower the middle drawer so that big items can fit in. You can also remove the middle drawer and use the special attachment to wash extra large items that would not fit otherwise - the attachment ensures that the water is directed to clean the central area of the machine so the extra large items are washed properly. The external design is sleek and understated so it suits the kitchen context well. The control panel is located inside the door on the top edge and is easy to operate although the start button does not always respond when pressed. The led display on the front door is clear and easy to read. I am happy with this dishwasher and would definitely recommend it as a quiet and effective machine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Manu, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher. We're glad to hear that you're happy with the machine's function and design. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good quality dish washer

Our first dishwasher was quite easy to install. We have had it for 3 months and no problems so far. No leaks, drains well and no problems so far and we don't rinse our dishes before putting them in. Cleans well and I love the 44 min cycle as it cleans well but saves on water and power.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Karen Donnelly, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the machines performance and functionality. Thank you for sharing your experience with the appliance. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Upper arm hitting upper rack - Noise problem

I have bought 2 of these dishwashers based on the reviews on productreview and also recommended to my family and friends.
However, after using this dishwasher for 3 months I see two issues common in my dishwasher.

Upper arm hitting upper basket during cleaning cycle and make lot of noise. This happen with both of the dishwashers.

I understand that these dishwashers don't use heating element but drying is not satisfactory. sometimes when I pull out cutlery tray after ECO cycle it is full of water. i have raised the concern with Bosch Support and hope they will help me out.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Amit,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. We'd recommend moving the middle basket up higher using the levers on the side, this should resolve your noise concerns. We'd recommend using rinse aid in the appliance to improve your drying results, if you're already using rinse aid you can increase the amount dispensed per cycle by following the instructions in the user manual. If we can be of any further help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thank you for your reply. Middle basket already fixed up on the highest level. I will call Bosch customer support number. Thanks

One of the best decisions we’ve ever made!

It looks classy from the front, there’s no buttons for the kids to poke at (they’re all on the inside edge) and I absolutely LOVE the tray for cutlery. It’s insanely quiet, the only time I hear it running is when the water hits against something like the inside the frying pan.
I’m sure they recommend something really expensive for cleaning products, but I use Aldi brand tablets for the eco wash and the Aldi powder for the quick half hour washes, also use the Aldi brand rinse aid and found they work just the same.
It cleans really well, probably a 98% hit rate, it’s usually things I should’ve soaked that need a quick once over in the sink (or second round in the dishwasher if I’m feeling lazy!) plenty of room inside for us as a family of 4.
I have nothing but praise for this machine and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Hi NikkiBikkie, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you happy with the appliance and thank you for recommending Bosch. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Spotless cleaning and extremely quiet!

The most luxurious looking dishwasher I have ever seen! I love all the different settings and additional features it offers. I always use the extra dry option as it even dries all plastics and I never had an issue with glass cups either. I always scrape my dishes with a brush to avoid any scrapes clogging the dishwasher. I have been using this dishwasher for a couple of months now and I never had any issues with it. I usually put it on at night before we go to sleep and the noise never annoyed us. Installation was easy as we did it on our own. Definitely worth the money!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Rayes, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Works well

We bought this to replace our 10 year old Bosch that broke. It had been a pretty good dishwasher so we just went the same brand again.
We installed ourselves and the installation manual was terrible. Luckily YouTube videos helped somewhat.
We have been using it for about a month now and are happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Row, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Doesn’t disappoint. Clean perfectly every time

Very satisfied. This dishwasher cleans everything very well, runs the water to a very high temperature which dissolves all foodscraps and leaves dishes drier than most dishwashers. Runs very quietly, can hardly hear it.

Has a great feature where it shows the estimated cycle finish time which comes in handy. Only slight bugbear is the middle drawer doesn’t quite have the clearance to stack the majority of our glass tumblers on it as they bump against the cutlery drawer. Other than that very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Michael, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Super quiet!

This is a gem compared to my last dishwasher. The option to lower or raise the upper basket is fantastic. It’s so quiet & I mean QUIET! The only 2 things that I have to say against it is wine glasses have trouble standing & the cutlery wash tray up top is useless if you have the machine on an economical setting,but putting those two silly things aside it is outstanding!! Cleaning on the outside is a breeze.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Very Happy, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the peace and quiet. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch SMS88TI01A

When I apply different settings, I am satisfied with the features/controls and their performance of this product
I will filter the cutlery before I put it in the dishwasher, lest the residue clog up
rarely clog, because I will filter with water beforehand, even if there is a blockage can be removed to clean

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi mc787954, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're satisfied with the performance of the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Reasonable-ish Cleaning and Drying Performance, Lots of Features and Quiet!

Dishwasher itself like most dishwashers doesn't clean amazingly, even using Finish Quantum on the 45-65 degree auto cycle doesn't get stains out of our dishes sometimes and the stains are fresh and not burnt on however this is an occasional occurrence and dishwasher generally cleans okay, drying performance of dishwasher is sub par with dishes sometimes coming out wet after a cycle, despite having a rinse aid dispenser level of 6. The machine has a slew of desirable features including a Half Load option, Vario speed to complete a cycle quicker and extra dry as well as sanitisation options, machine is also very quiet which makes it ideal to operate at night. I can recommend this machine to people who need day to day general cleaning needs and to people who cook but not extensively. I would have to possibly recommend going for a more higher end appliance of likes of something Like Miele as the build quality and performance will be slightly better, overall the machine is reasonable enough for me and probably for anyone other person.

Purchased in July 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,599.00.

Internal Layout
Hi Matthew D, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your dishwasher. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Good product

I am very happy with my new Bosch dishwasher. Great product, no complaints. works very quietly and does a great job. i would highly recommend this product. Energy efficient and takes very less water. No extra burden on those bills. Interior of the dishwasher is spacious and fits large bowls and plates.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Harsh Gupta, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

So quiet and reliable

You cant hear the bosch dishwasher running. We purchased bc of brand. White colour. Child lock and price. Purchased online from appliances online with free delivery. Never had any problems. Tells you how many minutes till it finished on a countdown. . 1 button start. Helped sell our house too.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Yarna, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI01A Dishwasher, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Hi, I’m try to buy one but I want to know if I can stop it during the washing cycle, since there’s no button on the screen or in the front of the door? Thanks! Teeence
I have opened my door before mid cycle by mistake. That stopped it, I closed the door & the cycle restarted without any issues.Hi Terrance,  Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A dishwasher. You can interrupt the program however expansion (overpressure) may cause the appliance door to jump open and/or water to escape! 1. Open the door. 2. Switch off ON/OFF switch. The LEDs go out. The program is saved. 3. To continue the program, switch on the ON/OFF switch again. 4. Close the door. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Hi there we have the Bosch SMS88TI01A and over the past few months we have come home to it being turned on - not running but waiting for a command. Can anyone shed a light on this please.

Just purchased a series 8 Bosch dishwasher - the manual says they are pre-set to English in the factory - mine is in Deutch (German) and try as I may I cannot set it to English - I have tried to follow the manual to do this, talked by phone on the Bosch helpline, phoned a sales rep at the store which we bought it from - all to no avail!!! We live 100 mile from the city where we purchased it so cant just "pop" back in there to find an answer. I am most frustrated and hope some one has a simple, easy way of switching to English displays. I have run it through one cycle by going to the computer to the translate section and every time a German instruction came up, had it translated to English - but this a very slow way of doing things and not a good solution. Kind regards - "Jeanie".
Hello Jeanie, We recently purchased the same machine in Dec 2018. It is an excellent dishwasher. This must be frustrating for you. Here is my suggestion. Please follow my steps and report back so everyone can see if it worked or not. 1. Power off the dishwasher at the power source/plug. Power it back on. 2. Open the door > press on/off > press the 'I' for info symbol (next to the display) for 3 seconds 3. Use the > symbol (to the right of the display) to scroll right until you see 'Language' appear on the display. 4. Use the + or - symbol (also to the right of the display) to scroll until you see English appear on the display 5. Hit the 'I' symbol for 3 seconds again > Bob's yer uncle! Whilst Google is everyone's friend, translating from German to English on each wash cycle isn't the best way to enjoy this dishwasher! ;-) Remember, report back. PS: Bosch Australia - what are you doing? This is top line item and you should be doing cartwheels and handstands to solve this for Jeanie, not relying on her posting for help online.Thank you very much - I am away from home (and the dishwasher) until Tuesday, so cannot put your advice into action until then. However your information sounds pretty much word for word as to what was in the manual and what I have tried to do - using that technique lets me alter the time but not the language. Anyway once I am home I will try again and let you know the outcome. Thanks again and kind regards - Jeanie.Hello Winco, Home again and I have followed your instructions to no avail. As I said earlier, that is what is in my manual and it works for the clock/time but it will not do the same for “language”, in fact no word remotely like ‘language’ is shown in the display window - I checked with translator as to what should come up in German. I am at a loss as to what to do - living so far away makes it very difficult, no technician is any where near and to have to pack it up and take it back to the store where we purchased it, is not an easy task either. Thanks for trying to help - kind regards - Jeanie.

Serie 8 SMS88TI01ASerie 8 SMS88TI04A
Price (RRP) $2,099$2,199
FeaturesCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Self CleaningCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack , Internal Light and Self Cleaning
Water Rating5 star(s)5 star(s)
Water Consumption12 L/wash12 L/wash
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Energy Consumption141 kWh per year141 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFront
Maximum Noise Level42 db42 db
Number of Programs88
Number of Place Settings 1515
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless Steel
Dimensions 845 x 600 x 600 mm845 x 600 x 600 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)