SMS88TI01A (Silver Inox), SMS88TI04A

Pros

• Sparkling clean finish on dishes

• Quiet

• Spacious

• 4-star energy rating and 5-star water rating

Cons

• Premium price

• Doesn't always dry dishes properly

• Internal Layout

Helen

HelenSydney, NSW

A Lot of People Complain about Mother Board Issue

A lot of people have complained about a mother board issue, and same here. The dishwasher is less than 2 years old, has a control board issue, can not set the time, stops by itself in the middle of the washing program, and touch panel has become unresponsive. Called for warranty claim, found one cockroach and blamed the cockroach for being the cause of the malfunctioning dishwasher, refuse to honour the warranty.

Purchased for $1,319.00.

bananasplit123

bananasplit123AU

Second E19 fault on less than 2 years

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys.

SallyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not fit for Purpose - Doesn't Wash Dishes

We purchased this dishwasher after having a Bosch in a previous house and being very happy with it. I am so disappointed in this product - as a top of the range Dishwasher it should wash dishes.

From the first wash it has never cleaned properly. We clean it regularly - the filter has never really been dirty as we clean it so frequently in the hope of clean dishes coming out. Nothing is blocking the mechanisms, we use only Finish products, recommended by Bosch. Our dishes aren't going in extremely dirty, the dishwasher just doesn't wash very well. I would not recommend this product, I am hoping to return the dishwasher with a full refund, as it is not fit for the purpose it was sold unfortunately.

Purchased in November 2020.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Jack D

Jack DCanberra Central 2601, ACT

satisfied overall a Little overpriced

overall the performance is good. Cleans well, tested with full load lots of pot and pans and glasses. It came out well.
In eco mode does not dry the plastic items, I don’t use much plastics anyway. Some intelligent settings to stack easily. Best results with finish blue tablets

Purchased in January 2021 at Appliances Online for $1,700.00.

Hi Jack D,
Thanks for sharing your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SMS88TI04A. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

BrettSydney Surrounds, NSW

Faults after 2.5years, out of warranty.

2.5years old, German made dishwasher was working really well, until it fried the mother board. I’m surprised that a machine costing $1800 has stopped working in such a short period of time. $300 for the replacement board and $165 for labour for a 2.5year old machine. Paint has also started to peel around the places where the metal and plastic meet. I won’t be buying Bosch again. Not recommended.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Brett

How many weeks do I need to wait until a representative contacts me ? I’ve emailed and given you my mobile. It’s been well over a week. Typical lip service from a large company.

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Wouldn't recommend.

Touch pad feels cheap, turns on when it wants to, 3 months out of warranty it won't even start anymore screen keeps switching off even after reset and hard reset.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Wayne M

Wayne MHunter Region, NSW

Good performance, but lacks some features

new this week, and is noticeably quieter than our previous DW. We do not rinse the dishes, and all have come out clean, as do wine glasses and baking dishes. the upper cutlery tray is good and the baskets easy to adjust, however, given the price and the brand, it is disappointing that you have to order small items holders, which would be useful for various items. As a high cost brand and model, there shouldn’t be any extra cost options, which I note are standard in less costly brands, with good reviews. The manual is full of “depending on the features of your dishwasher”.. This is not a basic model or low end cost. Bosch you could have done better.

Purchased in November 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,594.00.

Hi Wayne M,
Thanks for sharing your review.
We really appreciate the feedback about your Bosch , If we can be of any help regarding the features of your dishwasher feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

GRV

GRVSydney, NSW

Disappointed!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bing Lee for $1,228.00.

Melkat

MelkatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing and quiet

Almost two years on and still working fantastically . Cleans so well and amazingly quiet. I use the Aldi brand and all items come out clean. I scrape the dishes a little bitso not too clean when they go in. Lots of options and easy to use control panel. Easy to clean inside too. A lot of room and easily accommodates many pots, plates and pans.
Very happy with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $1,800.00.

Prim2012

Prim2012Sydney, NSW

How Disappointing

After only 2 days of ownership and four wash cycles I am experiencing a E24 error. On calling customer service I was advised if its a blockage it will not be covered under the warranty. What a Joke Bosch just not good enough. Considering this is my 3rd Bosch dishwasher and the other two were just middle of the range and very reliable. Very disappointed that spending top dollar doesn't mean you get what you pay for.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,650.00.

Hi Prim2012,
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH10649 in the subject line with your contact number. we’ll investigate for you.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

MishSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Agree! Don't waste your money on Bosch!

Don't touch a Bosch dishwasher. I have the same issues.
Won't clean leaves food on plates. I actually have to space my dinner plates out to get them clean. After a couple of years the door needs to be slammed shut. Plus the added bonus of a rusted top tray rack. That Bosch won't replace the rusted part as it's out of warranty..... a dishwasher that rusts inside.... great product!
1st Bosch product and the last we will ever purchase!

Purchased in June 2012 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Hi Mish,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Kind Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Mish

I have already contacted you! Feel free to contact me

Sofia19

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It’s ok, but my Asko was better

I bought this after reading how amazing it is- but have to say, not very impressed. Consistently leaves items unwashed- even when there is only half a load. Really disappointed as it cost a lot. I should just kept my old Asko. The other problem is everything is constantly wet when the cycle is finished.
One good thing, it is quiet. I am going to contact Bosch separately.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,560.00.

Cathy S.Perth, WA

My favourite appliance....Love my Bosch series 8 dishwasher

Don't know why I took so long to get a dishwasher! After lots of research. We purchased a Bosch series 8 dishwasher SMS88T101A/51 made in Germany. Ive had it for the last 6 months now and still very impressed. Love how quiet it is and how clean my dishes come out. I use it once or twice a day. Love my three pull out trays with cutlery tray or optional basket. I love how i can adjust all the trays, positions to fit all my different size plates, pots, pans, glasses. Highly recommend.

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Cathy S.

I need a new washing machine soon. Might look at a Bosch soon if you can help.

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive, and somewhat disappointing.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,205.00.

Daniel R.

Daniel R.Perth, WA

Poor at Everything

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,500.00.

PhilBNew South Wales

Proud owner of 2 of these, this is how we do it!

Purchased in June 2017 for $1,000.00.

Hi Phil,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. This has come through an Australian website and you would have to contact customer service in New Zealand to discuss options.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

PhilB

Cheers for that....problem will be global however....and needs to be fixed at the factory....not the reseller. You should be directing the query UP not SIDEWAYS

Gary C.

Gary C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good dish washer

Purchased to replace a Maytag disher that lasted about 20 years and was still going strong. Very happy with it and it cleans well and is very quiet. Wash time is about 3 hours which is a lot longer than old one but is more economical.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,350.00.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Just out of warranty .. power supply

We purchased this dishwasher two years ago when our previous Bosch dishwasher (white with a dial and much cheaper) ceased working after 20+ years without incident. This new dishwasher just exceeded its 2 year warranty and the power supply died. Having spent $1400 on this machine we expected it, too, to last at least a few years (estimated 5 or 6) without incident, but to our dismay we were wrong. The service person arrived last week and fixed it at a cost of $450 which is the price of some new dishwashers (different brand and poorer water consumption). However, we will certainly not be fixing this dishwasher again should it have another fault.

Purchased in September 2017 at RetraVision for $1,400.00.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher. If we can be of any help to you feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

bms

bmsPerth, WA

Great dishwasher but could be better

I do really like our Bosch Serie 8 dishwasher, had it for almost 3 years now and 99.5% of the time, dishes are sparkling clean. It's ultra quiet and dries the dishes really well too. Only flaws are despite being mindful of how we stack the bottom basket, we still see rub marks on some of our plates from where the rotating arm hits them. This is even after ensuring there is ample gap. Some of the basket parts are also starting to split and rub off the plastic covering and rust on the hinge points although to be fair we use it everyday at least, so this is after 1000+ cycles. Besides that, it's a solid dishwasher and our 2nd Bosch, the quality in general is very good.

Purchased in April 2016.

Thommo

ThommoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the best

Constant E24 errors. Keep cleaning no good for a machine that is 2.5 years old. Will be placing on ebay and buying something else. Used to be quiet, now quite noisy

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.