Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

Bosch Serie 8 Freestanding Dishwashers

SMS88TI01A, SMS88TI04A

• Incentivised Review Yes (5%) · No (95%)
  • Internal Layout

bms

bmsPerth, WA

Great dishwasher but could be better

I do really like our Bosch Serie 8 dishwasher, had it for almost 3 years now and 99.5% of the time, dishes are sparkling clean. It's ultra quiet and dries the dishes really well too. Only flaws are despite being mindful of how we stack the bottom basket, we still see rub marks on some of our plates from where the rotating arm hits them. This is even after ensuring there is ample gap. Some of the basket parts are also starting to split and rub off the plastic covering and rust on the hinge points although to be fair we use it everyday at least, so this is after 1000+ cycles. Besides that, it's a solid dishwasher and our 2nd Bosch, the quality in general is very good.

Purchased in April 2016.

Thommo

ThommoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not the best

Constant E24 errors. Keep cleaning no good for a machine that is 2.5 years old. Will be placing on ebay and buying something else. Used to be quiet, now quite noisy

Purchased in December 2016 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Sandra F.

Sandra F.Sydney, NSW

Excellent dishwasher

Really excellent dishwasher, it makes the dishes all sparkling. No smell & I like the design because you can fit large plates!!!
The design is slick & modern which fits modern kitchen. Amazing!!!

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $800.00.

TinToy

TinToyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not up to the job!

When I was choosing a new dishwasher two years ago I thought that paying a premium for a product that was both designed and made in Germany would be a guarantee of trouble free performance. How wrong I was. My pots, pans, plates, cups, knives and forks, or any of the other kitchen ware that typically goes into a dishwasher rarely come out properly clean. After two years it is getting worse. Having a variety of settings is useless when even keeping it on the super wash option is not effective. There are times when I have had to repeat the whole cycle twice. Even though I use the recommended dish cleaning capsules they frequently remain undissolved at the end of a full cycle. In my experience this Bosch model is not fit for purpose.

Purchased in November 2017.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Quiet and cleans well. Large compartments for big pots and pans. Wish it dried better

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online.

craigwreid1

craigwreid1New South Wales, 2114

Dishes Smell. Eco Mode Unusable.

Purchased in May 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,336.00.

cavara40

cavara40South East Queensland, QLD

Worst dishwasher ever made.

Bought this dishwasher for $1400 November 18 took 6 months for it to fully stop functioning. Had to get both main boards replaced. After 5 weeks the machine wont turn on again. Worst $1400 ever spent. Should of stuck to a $300 Dishlex at least they turn on and function when you need them. How do i make it 0/5 stars?

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,400.00.

Tim L.

Tim L.South East Queensland, QLD

Died.

Bought 13 June 2015, expecting to get many years from it. It died two days ago. No lights, no one at home. For a premium product, this isn't what I expect.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,399.00.

Dain

DainSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

My previous Bosch dishwasher died after 2 years and was replaced under warranty. Now, a few years later, the heating element in this one has stopped working. I contacted Bosch (via their website) simply to confirm what part number I need to buy to in attempt to fix this machine that I have the great misfortune of owning. They haven't had the courtesy to reply. Bad dishwasher. Non-existent customer service. Will avoid Bosch for the rest of my days.

Purchased in September 2016 at Under warranty.

Dan

DanPerth, WA

This would be the Porsche of all dishwashers, and you pay for what you get

Purchased in August 2016.

GrimReaper555

GrimReaper555South East Queensland, QLD

You pay for quality and it's still cheap

Bought this last year at Harvey Norman on special as I have a back problem and can't do the dishes and also to save water and it is the most amazing product in the world of dishwashers. So many features and it is so spacey and looks very stylish too can't go wrong with this company and engineering.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

MyView2

MyView2Queensland

One month out of warranty and this is how it now cleans dishes

Two months out of warranty and this is how our promised 'amazing performance' dishwasher now cleans...it's like our pots never went through a wash. Incredibly frustrated and previously loyal Bosch customer.

Purchased in May 2017.

Brendan

BrendanCanberra

Nice until 1 month after warranty then died, manufacturer no help

We bought the top model possible from the good guys on the basis of reliability. 1 month after manufacturer warranty finished it died. A dangerously faulty power cord was the cause, the likes of which 2 electricians with 60 yrs combined experience have never seen. Rang the manufacturer, whose 1st response was "not our problem, it's out of warranty". It has been a nice dishwasher, but this response to my problem from the company shocked me.

Purchased in May 2017.

1234trev

1234trevAU

Super Quite

Easy purchase; smooth delivery and installation. Like our previous family Bosch dishwasher this unit is even more of a hero. Digital touch display within the inside of door, easy to use. Several loading options make for easier loading. Filter easy enough to clean. **Whisper quite operation. Well done Bosch; more power to you for yet another quality product. (NB. I have now found receipt and can see we paid $1,398:00 more than I had remembered as this model was NOT on sale however no regrets at having paid more than some models.)

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys, Albury NSW.

Happy Mum

Happy MumPerth, WA

Whisper quiet

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,099.00.

Betty A.

Betty A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dishes come our sparkling!

Great dishwasher, cleans dishes well, even when in the quick setting. It looks stylish and is very quiet. Great internal layout, that can cater for every day dishes or a dinner party without issue. So happy with our purchase!

Purchased in April 2019.

Blark

BlarkSydney, NSW

Good, until you have untrained guests

I had a couple of guests stay for a couple of days. They overloaded the machine so the spray arms could not swing. Fault code E19 came up. Soap delivery or or heat pump exchanger fault.
On inspection I have found a power transistor on the control board blown. Service call out is $99 includes the 1st 15 min then $35 every 15 min after woods. New control board over $400. I saw a $700-900 bill coming.
I ordered 1 x STN9620 power transistor and 3 x STN83003 transistors ($20) to replace the switch mode side of the power supply. You would think an expensive late model machine would cater for the untrained visitor.
Not Bosch. Wish me luck.

Purchased in March 2016 for $2,000.00.

abjmelbourne

abjmelbournemelbourne

Very useful and efficient

I have been using this dishwasher for 8 months now. Silent Operation and uses only 12 litres of water as advertised. That is a big achievement considering the amount of dishes you can wash. I usually scape and rinse the dishes for better result. Always uses with Finish Rinse aid to complete the cleaning. Very easyto use

Purchased in August 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,200.00.

Winco

WincoMid North Coast, NSW

Quietest Dishwasher

Cleans well. Plenty of programme options. Very energy and water efficient. Easy to install and set up and oh so quiet in operation. You sometimes wonder if it is on and working it is so quiet. The display provides and excellent progress indicator for you. The racks have multiple ranges to fit a variety of items and the optional wine glass holder works well.

The best dishwasher we've owned to date. Note: check there are two options available - one with an interior LED light and one without. Why they would sell one without beats me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Smashy

SmashyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Work great - very quiet

Had the dishwasher a few weeks, it's used daily. Cleans the dishes well and is very quiet. The option to do half loads has been very handy. We did get the extended warranty to be safe but that is more of a pre-caution should there be any issues in the future. I would highly recommend this dishwasher - SMS88TI01A

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,339.00.

Davidasked

We have just bought one of these brand new, and have done just one wash so far. It was lightly soiled dishes which had been pre- rinsed, so I figured the “eco” wash would suffice. To say the results were absolutely terrible was an understatement, and to be honest I’m concerned we have bought a total, very expensive dud. I have had dishwashers for the last 40 years and this one wash cycle is easily the worst I’ve ever experienced.
What’s the point of the “eco” cycle?
What cycle should I try next time? I’m hoping “auto” will work dramatically better, because otherwise I will be demanding my money back. We are off to a very rocky start here!

Hi David,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch dishwasher.
The Eco cycle is designed to use the smallest amount of power and water at the expense of a longer running time. If you find that the cycle continues to not work feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to go through troubleshooting to sort it out.

David

Thanks - but you really haven’t answered my question at all. What is the point of an “eco” cycle if it simply doesn’t wash dishes- which WERE all pre rinsed in the sink? The power (141 KWh per year) and water (12 litres) figures are therefore complete rubbish! (Although it was a full load, after dinner guests, I made very sure before switching it on that plates were stacked correctly and that the swing arms could rotate freely.)
What other cycle would you recommend for us for a full load of dishes which have had all loose food removed?
As I said, we’ve always had dishwashers for the last 40 odd years- and unless the results improve a hell of a lot on our next wash, this is rapidly shaping up as both the dearest, and the worst dishwasher that we’ve ever had.

Hi David,
The Eco cycle should be cleaning your dishes as designed. If this is not working, please check that your dishwasher is connected to cold water inlet and not hot. If it is still not working after this, please contact us and we would be happy to look into this for you.

karen55asked

Does this dishwasher have auto open at end of cycle.

Hi Karen55,
Thanks for the question regarding the Bosch SMS88TI01A.
This model does not open at the end of the cycle and we would suggest using the delay start option to have the appliance end at a convenient time to open the door when someone is around.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

karen55asked

Hi, does this dishwasher have lights inside and or self opening at the end of cycle for drying? I really want the latter so if not what models do havecthat and adjustable shelves. Thanks

Hi Karen55,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch SMS88TI01A.
None of our dishwashers have an auto open function. We do have the delay start time function to ensure the appliance ends at a convenient time. All of our dishwashers have the adjustable top shelf though. If you look at our website, https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/dishwashers/freestanding-dishwashers, you can see all the different functions available.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

karen55

What is auto air dry that is stated as being on some of the dishwashers then? And does this particular one have lights inside which was my other question?

Hi Karen,
In order to have the EmotionLight interior lighting you would have to go to the built under type in the Series 8 range.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives